Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nishant NanavatiYour feedback matters!
My baby is presently 3 & half years old and I believe she got some psychological shortfall in her attitude as she behaves very unusual frequently wherever she belongs, irrespective at home or school or elsewhere. We, parents are deeply concerned about her ongoing. Nothing got productive even to see a specialist doctor. She always used to say" nothing feel well (kuch achha nehi lag raha hai)" despite presenting various mind game. Such a small kid & with such a manner looks very unimpressive and uncomfortable indeed! Feeding to her is the most awkward and troublesome job to us. The most crazy thing is that she used to cry and shout (bizarre) almost throughout the day which makes us anxiety and thus may lead to break her health. Nothing around us can make her anger/obstinacy/ irritation/impatience in control. FYI, nobody of our predecessors was hailed such kind of characteristics nor presently we belong. Our baby is everything to us, so please advise how to coup up with this situation and how to keep well my baby in the days coming. Is it curable or else need to treat other way? Thanking you with regards,
My sister' s son(age: 1 year 4 month) is suffering from hemolytic anemia. Every 3-4 weeks top up process pac cells is done to maintain the hemoglobin level at 9 mg. Every blood report is normal like bonemerrow. No dignosis is done till date. Please give any suggetions.
I have boy baby now he is now 6 month old I need food chart for him amd whether I shall give cerelac .how many time can I give him cerelac bec if I give he is vomiting.
My daughter is 15 years old. She is suffer from swelling and pain in a gland in neck below the right side jaw since 15 days. This is not tonsil. please advise.
Hi My baby boy 11 months old he has some heat rash, I live in canada. Can you please suggest any home remedies for this. Thank you.
My son 6 years old before two years ago two boils (fora/funsi) in his chest but do not relief anybody touch him that area he feels pain. Kindly advise.
From early childhood, I have severe hearing loss in my right ear. I do not remember whether it was from birth or was a result of some hitting done on my right ear by one of the bullies (i remember the incident remotely, though can not attribute the hearing loss to that). My left ear is perfect and am a healthy guy of 42 years doing very well professionally and part of top management in one of the reputed companies. I had at the age of 18 years went for a ent check up where they diagnosis as severe hearing loss in the right ear. However, when I put in a earphone in my right ear and tightly close my left ear to close any sound, I can remotely hear, but only very light sounds. My query is, can I try to recover my right ear hearing or leave it? Is there any hope of recovery? Though you might say it needs to be checked, but what do you make out first cut from the details that I have provided? Now a days with so much advances in med sciences, I am hoping you cd help me with your valuable advice and way forward.
My son is one and half year old. He is having mouth ulcers for last 5-6 days. I am giving him pure Honey 4-5 times a day for last week. But no improvements found. He is not able to take even eat anything except some liquids like honey, juice, water etc. Not even taking milk. What should I do now?
I have a 8 months old son having fever I gave him crocin ds he weights arounglf 7.8 and I gave him crocin drops 9 to 10 drops please guide me.
My son is 4.5 years old, since 1 year he had frequent fevers almost every month all the check ups, test all are normal. Only high or low grade fever with headache and bodyach, is anything wrong like cancer. What to do now:(
My son a 6 and half months old. I have started him feeding ragi and rice ganji. N hz started loose motion 4-5times a day (from3 days back) please suggest me how to cute this. Reply me fast.
My daughter is 9 months old. Is it good to use baby's diapers regularly. Is there any side affects or problems using diapers regularly?
Sir, my daughter is 2 years and 10 months old, wt. Is 11.5 kg, ht. Is 3 feet 2 inch. She is very thin, and her ribs can be counted from outside. Sugest a diet chart so that she can gain some weight and looks healthy.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.