Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NishalYour feedback matters!
Hello dr! main 5 month pregnant hu. Mera hemoglobin 8.1 hai blood test me beta thalassemia minner aaya hai, or koe problem nhi h mujhe pregnancy k doran. Aap mujhe sahi diet bataiye taki mera hemoglobin improve ho sake. Kya beta thalassemia k karn mujhe normal delivery m dikkt ho sakti h? please guide me!
According to WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, lack of physical activity, age factor, hereditary and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful about portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day can obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake.
Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy output and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am Having tingling sensation around my breast and under arm previously I have some itching around nipples and pain that comes and goes please tell what it is and is it serious.
Hello doctor my period date was 10 of every month . Me and my boyfriend participated in sex on june 26 by using condom but 3 to 4 times he just inserted without condom for foreplay then july 12 I got periods and have heavy bleeding for three days (i ate sesame seeds a lot to get periods ). Recently ten days back my leg got regiment tear because of that for past ten days am suffering a lot with pain today is aug 13 my periods did not come am afraiding that I will be pregnant ? I read in internet tat bleeding will because of implantation will that bleeding will be implantation bleeding ah r else because of my leg injury my periods getting delayed ah I want to know ? Please reply clearly mention what to do now.
I am 36 years old female & 6 months pregnant now. I get burning sensation if I eat anything after 6 pm. Also I am not even able to drink water in night, immediately I vomit.
We have married since last 2 year. I was taking Yasmin contraceptive to stop pregnancy. Now from last 2 moths I was stop taking because we are planning for baby now. We had intercourse also in last two moths but seems no result yet. My periods are now 45 days longer after stopping Yasmin bf4 it was 28-30 days. Last period date was 10th may and stop on 17th may. So can you please suggest on which day should we intercourse to get quick conceived.
I have irregular periods there is a gap of almost 3 months. I have been to hospital got to know I have pcos. I'm working women don't have time to workout. Please advise what should I do. Is there any problem due to irregular periods. Even I have thyroid.
Sir I am trying for baby. But not conceive. First week they feel all type of symptoms but second week they feel nothing and finally period come .whats reason please give me advice.
My wife is pregnant of 06 month 01 month. Problem is that- she discharge on regular basis automatically. She has ejaculate with very thick and white thing. Is this normal thing or has some major problems. Her consultant doctor said this is normal thing. Kindly advice. DOB- 16-10-1987.
Hello doctor. Sometimes I am having pain in my lower stomach during periods. And I took medicine. But my friend told me that in period its harmful to take medicine even I will not able to get pregnant after marriage. Is this true Dr. Please help.
I am 18 and staying in hostel. I have a severe dandruff problem and hair fall too. And a delayed periods. Could it be bcos of this. I need some solution:-s.
I m 22year old my wt is 50kg. I always suffers from white bleeding before my date due to this my period not come regularly missing sometime and due to this I have many blocked on my face what can ido please help.
Know how Knee and Back injuries can be treated
Hello, I am 32 years female , I gone through from molar pregnancy after this treated I have normal menstruation but from one an half month I have no periods . Hope its not a problem. Please suggest.
What are freckles?
Freckles are little brown spots on the skin that are caused by the sun.
We all have pigment-producing cells in our skin called melanocytes. These melanocytes produce melanin pigment and feed it to the normal skin cells that form the outer barrier of the skin. When our melanocytes become damaged by the sun, we produce freckles, which are simply abnormal collections of melanin pigment in the skin.