Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.
My son is 11 years old. Studying 6th std. He is interested in all, except education. If we tell you read or write, immediately he is change his feelings. And also very aggressive and laziness with recklessness. Please suggest me to get interest on education and to listening my words.
Hi my son is 1 year 9 months old he's having difficulty in passing motion the motion is hard he cries a lot when in diaper he stands and does motion which is hard and with difficulty two day's back he had developed a boil over we consulted a pediatric he gave acculav D's 4 ml thrice when asked about motion he said he will get loose motion after 1 day he did motion with difficulty I am worried we give him everything what to include to in food to make his motion soft pls tel me.
I have not had chicken pox till date. Have a 2.5 month old baby. Can I take the vaccination now or should I wait till his vaccination due date?
My daughter had hepatitis A for 3 weeks she stopped her 6 months baby feeding. Now she is alright but she had a lot of itching. Can she start her baby feeding back. because Dr. says yes n pediatric Dr. said not to feed.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
My three months old female and male having vomiting and loose motion like gel form. What can I do. Having fever. What can I do.
Since last week my son is facing severe cough and cold problem. Tried 2 ped. But no improvement. Pls suggest.
My baby is presently 3 & half years old and I believe she got some psychological shortfall in her attitude as she behaves very unusual frequently wherever she belongs, irrespective at home or school or elsewhere. We, parents are deeply concerned about her ongoing. Nothing got productive even to see a specialist doctor. She always used to say" nothing feel well (kuch achha nehi lag raha hai)" despite presenting various mind game. Such a small kid & with such a manner looks very unimpressive and uncomfortable indeed! Feeding to her is the most awkward and troublesome job to us. The most crazy thing is that she used to cry and shout (bizarre) almost throughout the day which makes us anxiety and thus may lead to break her health. Nothing around us can make her anger/obstinacy/ irritation/impatience in control. FYI, nobody of our predecessors was hailed such kind of characteristics nor presently we belong. Our baby is everything to us, so please advise how to coup up with this situation and how to keep well my baby in the days coming. Is it curable or else need to treat other way? Thanking you with regards,
Sir, my daughter 6 years old suffers from regular cold and suffers from heavy cough. In such condition she suffers from RESPIRATORY problem. We treat her with nebulization (Asthalin or duolin) but its a temporary relief. Regularly she suffers from high itching and rashes at body joints, especially hands joints, legs, throat, chest. How to get rid of this problem permanently.
Complementary feeding / weaning should be started after 150 days of life.
Its better to start home prepared semi solids first. If you are not confident in preparing food initially you can give cerelac rice / cerelac wheat/ nestum rice etc.
Add a new food item only after trial of 3 days. I mean don't give new food everyday. Wait for any intolerance to a particular food.
Fruit juices orange, apple can be prepared at home and can be given from 7 months.
Mashed potato can be given by 7-8 months.
Egg can be give by 8-9 months. Give egg yolk initially and the egg white later.