Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nilesh G PanchalYour feedback matters!
My mom is 63 years old. She has slightly itching in her left eye and sometimes it turns red. Sometimes there is slight water from her eye. Can I please know the reason?
My son is of 4 years old & lost his vision of left eye due to retina detachment & damaged optic nerve.?
Any patient who needs to undergo cataract surgery must be evaluated in a thorough manner so as to establish the requirement, appropriateness, expected surgical problems, expected benefits and co-morbid conditions having an influence on cataract surgery.
The preoperative assessment consists of -
A test for your existing glasses prescription:
It is useful for your cataract surgeon to know your existing glasses prescription in cases where there is a high refractive error (people who are very short or long sighted), in order to plan to correct this error after cataract surgery.
A full ocular examination: This includes looking at:
- The eyelid anatomy and inflammation.
- The state of the tear film, dry eye changes could make surgery difficult
- The presence of abnormalities in the cornea that could make visualisation of the cataract difficult during surgery.
- The amount of dilation the iris undergoes with dilating drops.
- The type of cataract. Soft cataracts can be aspirated. Hard cataracts need more ultra-sound energy and surgical time to break up and remove. White cataracts may need trypan blue staining to visualize the capsule
- The measurement of intra-ocular pressure. With this test, we aim to exclude glaucoma and ensure optimal control of immediate pre-operative and intra-operative eye pressures often with extra eye drops that temporarily lower eye pressure.
Biometry Tests: This is a simple pre-operative measurement. It calculates the correct power of artificial intra-ocular lens. They will be implanted into your eye once your cataract is removed.
Corneal Topography: This is a test to map out the corneal curvature in greater detail. It is used prior to premium IOL Implantation like Toric IOLS either monofocal or multifocal , to ensure avoid postoperative refractive errors. This extra test is only required if the biometry readings show larger than normal differences in keratometry readings.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): This test allows detailed visualisation of the macula (the central sensitive part of the retina used for fine vision). If the ophthalmologist suspects any macula changes that may prevent a patient from visual improvement after cataract surgery, he always suggest optical coherence tomography.
Blood Pressure Measurements: It is very important to know your blood pressure measurements before your cataract operation. The risk of having a bleed at the back of your eye during cataract surgery (supra-choroidal haemorrhage) is very small (1 in 10000). But is higher if you have uncontrolled blood pressure.
Blood Sugar Measurements in Diabetic Patients: Cataract surgery itself does not affect your blood sugar measurements if you are diabetic. A routine checkup of blood sugars in diabetics before cataract surgery is done and the surgery if often delayed if the levels were greater than 20mmol/L as the risk of post-operative infection is higher.
I washed my eyea but still there are some bubbles showing in eyes. What to do its like spots on mirror.
I have lot joint pain in wrist. I feel sound into bone say" kat" frequently. I work on computer continuously 6-7 hours a day. I also do gym. I am unable to understand tje cause of this pain. What is the remedy.
Hi, even though I have Tight 8 hrs sleep my eyes generally will be very small and due to which my face looks sleepy and also I look sick as well. May I know the reason please.
I want to improve my eye-sight and want to reduce the power of my specs which is"-4.5" at this moment. What methods should I adopt?
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
Hi sir, my name niyas arakkal thoduka, im 25 years old man. Im working in qatar as a driver. Five tears ago im in here. Until now my body nothing have any changes. Still im not fat. I try to eat many oil foods and fat foods. But nothing to change. Please advise me any good medicine for become fat. Thank you.
From June onwards there is infection come and goes and more than 25 infection already come on my eye lid called (bileni ).cause me pain disturbance and create white patch and damaged eye brow. Doctor prescribed me white pencil along with combiflam and warming swelling .but infection again again.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Hi doctors. My mom is suffering from thyroid since long days. I can't see her like this. Is there any permanent treatment for this? If yes, than how it's possible and where should we go?
I am 15 years old and am having head ache And also my eyes are paining and am not able to do any work and getting slip while I am doing any work please help me doctor.
What is the reason for blackening below eyes. Am 22 years old male. Please suggest some ways to remove it.
Hi doctor I m 25 years old guy. For last 6 months my eyes are so weak and I can not see above 10 feet. Please guide me what can I do.
Are you suffering from eye pain? Well, rubbing your eyes is not a wise thing to do under such circumstances. Rubbing will only turn the white of your eye into a scarlet-colored surface. The eyes can get irritated due to the influence of foreign materials like dust particles, flies or remains of beauty products. The eyes also develop pain due to physical injury. Here are some tips to get rid of the eye pain or irritation:
- Use Ice pack: In case of an injury, apply ice pack on the eyes. Cold compression on the eyes for 15 minutes reduces any sort of pain or swelling.
- Cry to smile: Tears are known to have positive effects on the eyes. They prevent the drying up of cornea. It is advisable to bathe the eye with artificial tears.
- Compress your eyes: It is advisable to soak a washcloth in warm water and compress your eyes with that to get relief from pain in sty. Sty is an infection of the eyelid, which reddens the lids and causes pain. Warm compression helps in liquefaction of the oils in the eyes.
- Wash your eye: Irritation or pain is also caused by dust particles in the eyes. Therefore, it is best to wash your eyes with saline solution. Don't use normal tap water or distilled water for washing your eyes.
- Get rid of the invader: Try to remove or dislodge any fleck or speck 'the cause of pain' by using a cotton swab.
- Try the cold treatment: It has been found that dry eyes can be treated best by cold application. Apply a pack of ice on dry eyes for 5 to 6 minutes in every two hours. This helps in reducing the pain and forms tears to keep the eyes moist.
- Flip your eyelids: Try to remove the painful particle inside the eyes by pulling the eyelids. Pull the upper lid gently over the lower one so that the foreign particle comes out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.