Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. NikitaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years of age. I am suffering from itching. I use so many lotion but nothing works. Please help me out.
Hi , im going gym daily, I spend 2 hrs in gym in evening hrs, after gym I taking cold water bath & daily im using shampoo for my hair, from last week onwards im observing my hair color is slightly changed & feeling itchy on scalp, is it because of daily wash of my hair or any thing else, I apply weekly twice conditioners & oil on different days. Is it normal to use shampoo daily after gym or not. Please suggest me.
- The most important ingredient in skin care is vitamin c, which you can get in abundance from oranges. Plus, oranges have bleaching properties that can lighten your skin tone.
- It has been found that regular consumption of fresh orange juice can greatly improve the overall texture of your skin as well as its suppleness. To lighten your skin, oranges can be used in two different ways.
Combine two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric. Apply this mixture on your face and neck before going to bed. You can also apply it on your hands and legs. Wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes. Do this daily.
Grind dried orange peels into powder. Mix one tablespoon of the powdered peels with one tablespoon of plain yogurt to make a paste. Apply the paste on your skin and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. This will help lighten spots and other marks on your face. Do this once or twice a week, but no more than that.
Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
- Apply pure honey to your face, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. This simple remedy will help remove dead skin cells, making your skin appear brighter and fresher than before. Do this once daily.
- To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. Do this every other day.
I am 28 Years old male and have 60% of hairs grayed and it is from last 6-7 years, tried with various doctors but of no use. I use die to cover them. Is there any other permanent and effective solution for it like hair transplant or other remedies.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years old and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods and produces minimal side effects and therefore is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha doshas. Any disease is the result of imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Hair loss or alopecia is believed to be imbalance in the pitta dosha. This leads to slower hair growth, weak hair, and greater hair fall rate.
Something that affects image and self - esteem, many would like to cure or at least halt baldness. There are various treatment options that have a dual effect on baldness - reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, thereby providing a holistic treatment for baldness.
- Bhringraj Oil (Eclipta elba): It is used since centuries and promotes the normal hair growth cycle in an accelerated way. It activates a large number of hair follicles and therefore, regular application is believed to help prevent alopecia (baldness).
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): While baldness has many reasons, dandruff is one of the most important and common causes. Amla is added to many hair oil formulations because of its proven effect to reduce dandruff. It acts on the fungi that thrive on the scalp and reduces inflammation of the scalp.
- Shikakai (Acacia concinna): Another very popular herb is the Shikakai. Used as a hair cleansing agent by many people, it is devoid of the chemical effect that shampoos carry. The pods are proven to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Tectona grandis: Another active ingredient of Ayurvedic formulations, the seeds of Tectona promote growth and development of hair follicles. Large number of follicles are activated, thereby producing thicker, fuller hair.
- Cuscuta reflexa: Another reason for baldness is hormonal imbalance, especially in males. Abnormalities with androgen, the male hormone, can trigger abnormal hair loss. Adding Cuscuta has been proven to reverse baldness by promoting a better anagen/telogen ratio, where hair follicle maturation happens. In baldness cases, maturation happens only in about 20% of the follicles. Cuscuta activates the follicles and increases follicular density. It also manages the hormonal imbalance by preventing conversion of testosterone into a variant called dihydrotestosterone that is believed to cause the damage.
While these and various other substances are believed to reduce baldness and promote hair growth, it is always important to remember that each body will respond differently to these substances. Thorough physical examination and a detailed history should be done before starting any of these products. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.