Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil D DatarYour feedback matters!
What are possibilities of getting a pregnancy with protected sex (using a condom and not releasing inside vagina). I recently got married and she is under her ovulation period now. We had sex 3 to 4 times now and I have always made sure to come out before I discharge. Is this safe. Please advise as we are not planning for a kid now. Am I supposed to give her some pills.
Sir I want to know that my wife age 35 years got operated for uterus tumour on 11 Feb 2015 and discharged after one weak We don't have any child yet When we can go for intercourse with each other Already we got in this two three times in this period My age is also 35 years.
Kindly let me know the status of 5th week 5th day of pregnancy. My wife done with ultrasound scanning, sac is there in uterus, but yolk/thicker layer of development is not visible. Is it normal? Please let us know. Thanks in advance.
Hello doctors. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and few days back I was diagnosed with UTI . My gynae prescribed monocef 1gm through iv twice a day for 5 days. Then again did the urine culture and still there was infection now I'm on inj fortum 1gm twice a day for 7 days. I'm really very worried does that affect my baby? Are these injections really safe. And what all can I do to cure it. Please reply. Thank you!
I hade unprotected sex with my gf on 7th. Her MC's date was 9, 10th. But she had not any. Does that mean she got pregnant. Now what to do. Please help me. Suggest me drug which can b given to her after 1 week. Help fast.
I enjoy sex during periods. Is it safe for me and my husband? And me the name of some medicines that increase my sex and also for my husband for enjoying sex.
With the modernization of all economies around the world, one health hazard that has become one of the largest perils within both developed and developing nations is the incidence of cancers of the female reproductive system, especially cervical and breast cancer.
Cervical cancer ( Carcinoma Cervix)
Cervical cancer is the cancer of the cervix, which is the opening of the uterus and connects the uterus to the vagina. Indian women in particular are susceptible to cervical cancer as more than 1/3rd of the cervical cancer related deaths in the entire world happens here in India, which is about 74000 deaths annually. The leading cause for cervical cancer is HPV or Human Papillomavirus infection, which if left untreated and unchecked will result in cancer.
Alarming Signs of Cervical Carcinoma:
- Early lesions and precancerous lesions have no symptoms
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding such as bleeding after vaginal intercourse, bleeding after menopause, bleeding and spotting between periods or longer/heavier periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Pelvic pain
- Late stage disease may cause lower extremity swelling, problem with urine and/or stool passage
- Cervical cancer screening is most effective screening programme of any cancer disease resulting in significant decrease in mortality from carcinoma cervix
- United state preventive services task force (USPSTF) recommend cervical cancer screening starting at age 21 yrs.
- Between age 21-30 years cytology recommended at 3 year interval and HPV testing is not recommended.
- Between 30-65 years cytology every 3 year or cytology +HPV testing every 5 year.
- If previously adequately screened screening can be discontinued after 65 years.
- Women with prior total hysterectomy and no CIN can discontinue screening.
Risk Factors for Cervical Cancer-
The number one predisposing factor for cervical cancer is infection with the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). Any factor which increases a woman’s risk of contracting Human Papilloma Virus will increase the risk of cervical cancer. These following factors increase a womans risk of getting Human Papilloma Virus (HPV):
- Intercourse without barrier contraceptives.
- Multiple sexual partners.
- Sex with a partner that has penile warts.
- Cigarette smoking doubles a womans risk of getting cervical cancer.
Treatment options depend on the following:
- The stage of the cancer.
- The type of cervical cancer.
- The patient's desire to have children.
- The patient’s age.
For cervical cancer found early or for cancer found during the last trimester of pregnancy, treatment may be delayed until after the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Doctor I am confused in my ovulation day becoz my before last month period was 17th june 2016 and my this latest periods date is 27th July 2016 so how do I calculate my ovulation day, and how often should we have sex to have a baby as soon as possible.
Hello si Married this jan. Although we are enjoy ing healthy sexual life mine wife is not able to get orgasm during sex. She doesnt feel like having an orgasm. We both enjoy foreplay very much. But she doesnt get even of I use my finger to make her climax. I do play with her clitrious orally n fingers to make her orgasm. We both didnt know when she get orgasm or not. Please help me for this. She want to get orgasm but she didnt understand she gets it or not. She is 26 yrs old her hieght is 5.4 n her weight is 54.
Hello doctor, I am 46 yr old female. First of all let me thank you for always solving my health issues, now I have problem of heavy bleeding during periods. And also clotting. I have observed itchy and burning around my vagina. I am divorcee and did not had sex since more than one year. But I experienced burning n dryness during sexual intercourse i. E one year ago. So I lost interest in it.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend 2 hrs after she had ipill is there any chances of her being pregnant.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that is on 19th January at 5 pm you first day of periods was 19th January 2017. I take I pill on 25th January at 1 pm. Now today that is on 31st January I had bleeding at morning then stop and then again at 1 pm at the same day. I have mild pain in my lower abdomen. I am worried now what it is. Is it implantation bleeding or effect of I pill..
Technology has become a major barrier in relationships these days. If you spend a lot of time with your laptop and phone, chances are that your love life may be getting affected without you knowing about it.
Here are a few instances when technology plays spoilsport in your relationship.
- Tracking your ex’s social media profiles: Checking your ex’s Facebook and Instagram profile twice a day does more harm than good. Letting go of old flame is a good idea in order to thrive in your current relationship. While no one is advising you to stop using social networking sites, refraining from your ex’s profile will do a world of good to your relationship.
- Your mailbox is bothering you way too much: People often become too engrossed in their professional life and tend to neglect their partner. The funny thing is, they don’t even realize it until the inevitable happens. While work is important, prioritizing your activities is the key here. It makes sense to completely stay from work related activities while you spend time with your partner. Your undivided attention to your partner will do the trick.
- You are involved with too many chat groups: Platforms like WhatsApp and wechat can greatly sabotage your love life. Your partner might get irritated with the fact that your whole attention lies on your phone rather than him. A reply to your school buddy group can wait for a few hours. It is a good idea to stay away from typing while you are with your partner.
- Planning a date is a nightmare for you: If you are too tech-savvy, it might take a long time for you to plan a date. Checking the feedback of every place you intend to visit not only consumes a lot of time, it drains your energy. While checking the star rating of a restaurant is a good idea, becoming over obsessive about the rating might ruin the whole idea of a date.
- You have a super active twitter handle: A recent study has shown that people who are hyperactive on twitter often faces problems in their relationship. In your endeavor of updating your twitter handle, you become obsessed with it and end up spending a lot of time. This might greatly sabotage your relationship.
- You take too much time deciphering texts: You might be dating for years yet get paranoid when it comes to texting your partner. You are too worried about the tone of the message, spelling of the words and punctuations marks of your text you are about to send. If this rings a bell, you surely need to mend your ways in order to save time and focus more on your relationship. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.