Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhil Babre
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhil BabreYour feedback matters!
What do kidney stones generally mean? - An overview
Formation of solid masses in the kidney due to excessive accumulation of uric acid, calcium, vitamins and minerals lead to chronic pain and excretory problems. Kidney Stones, also known as Renal Calculi is a condition usually brought about by inadequate hydration and consumption of food high in calcium, but in most cases it a hereditary condition. The most commonly opted for treatment is surgery to remove the stone/s.
Do you suffer from kidney stone formations on periodical basis?
Do you often go through chronic abdominal pain due to the formation of crystalline calciferous masses in your kidney? If you do, surgical procedures are neither the answer, nor a plausible option for you. Besides being risky, surgery clearly isn't effective in bringing about an end to the condition on a permanent basis. Homeopathic remedies, on the other hand, are not only safe, they offer as little of side effects as possible. Homeopathic treatments of kidney stones are also proved to have been effective in most cases.
What are the most common homeopathic alternatives to suppress kidney stone formation?
Berberis Vulgaris is the most reputed homeopathic drug when it comes to diluting the stone in the kidney and also in reducing the chronic pain that is often associated with stones. It is also said to improve chances of mitigating periodic bouts of kidney stone formations. Berberis Vulgaris is effective for various kinds of kidney and renal stones. In addition to this drug, Sarsaparilla, Hydrangea, and Benzoic Acid also prove effective in the long run. Sustained practice of such Homeopathic remedies along with increased intake of fluids and adequate exercise go a long way to ensure cessation of kidney stone formation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 47 years age male, I am travelling by everyday from 150 kmts by train from past 5 months. I have been suffering from uti every month at least once, and when it causes I am very tired for at least 3 to 4 days. I have consulted a Doctor, he has given some syrup called citralka and he asked me drink lot of water if I do so, it will be there for 4 days, why it cause repeatedly, and sometimes I feel very tired. Please give some suggestion.
When I go toilet I get bleeding in my toilet. Day by day I am getting lazy. Could you help me with this pls?
The bladder is a hollow storage organ that collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
1. Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
2. Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
3. Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
4. Smoking: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. cigarettes contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to their damage.
5. Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
6. Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor
Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
1. Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
2. Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer. This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type.
The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine, known as hematuria. This will be intermittent and happens whenever the tumor bleeding happens. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most noninvasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
1. Urine microscopy to detect cancer cells in the urine
2. Cystoscopy A tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder is highly diagnostic
3. Ultrasound, CT Scan, and biopsy can also be further used to identify severity of the tumor.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, treatment would depend on the severity of the tumor. For both invasive and noninvasive tumors, definitive therapy is surgery, known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder tissue is removed through a cystoscope as done for diagnosis. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder. This is then followed by BCG vaccine, which is again done 1 to 4 weeks for several months to avoid recurrence. In some cases, radiotherapy may also be included.
Bladder cancer BCG vaccination is once in a week for 6 weeks. Surgical removal of bladder is the best available treatment for muscle invasive bladder cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.