Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nidhi
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. NidhiYour feedback matters!
- Wallet can be one of the reason for your back and the waist pain, and it can even lead to shooting pains down the legs. Sitting on a wallet for prolonged hours leads to the compression of sciatic nerve, which is right behind your hip joint, gets pinched between the wallet and your hip itself, and can sometimes be diagnosed as sciatica/piriformis syndrome also known as fat wallet syndrome.
- Think about sitting on an uneven surface with one hip higher, after long hours, day after day, and year after year. Over time this will chronically shorten one side of your body and one side of the pelvis can become “stuck” in an elevated position, which puts more stress on your spine. Instead of sitting upright, you actually round your lower back which can sometime leads to a reason for your lower back pain.
I am suffering from back pain since last year. I used so Many medicines but of no use. Please suggest some precautions to avoid it.
Sir, From the some day, my legs are so paining and I am not moving my leg from the pain. What should I do?
I have a little bit pain in fact not pain just a sensation near my right pelvis from few months what could be the reason?
Dear Dr. My foot's thumb's nail was cracked due to the falling of bicycle on my nail. Due to which my nail is broken from the middle please suggest me any cure so that it does not comes out and starts bleeding.
My girlfriend is 22 years old she is having knee pain, she cannot stand or walk for a long time without knee support, if she does she is experiencing a severe pain in her leg and it stars swelling. Is there any cure for this?
The miniscule cracks in a bone are known as stress fractures. This type of fracture is caused by persistent application of force, mostly due to overuse. Activities like jumping or running up and down for long distances can also cause the condition. A normal bone weakened due to osteoporosis is another reason for stress fractures. Rigorous or excessive exercise can cause this condition as well.
These types of fractures are common in the lower leg and foot as these are the weight bearing bones. Field athletes and sportsperson are susceptible to stress fractures.
Some of the causes of this fracture are:
- Frequent application of a huge amount of force, greater than what the bones of a person's lower legs and feet can bear can cause this type of fracture. This force causes an imbalance between resorption and the growth of bone.
- If the bones are continually subjected to force without being given adequate time to recover, then the body tends to reabsorb bone cells faster than they can be replaced. These fatigued bones, when subjected to repetitive force, may cause tiny cracks which can turn into stress fractures.
Stress fractures usually occur in the metatarsal bones in the foot, heel bone, shin bone, thigh bone, and pubic rami of the pelvis among many other bones in the body.
Some of the symptoms of stress fractures may include:
- Swelling in the affected area
- The area may grow tender and the crack usually increases while the foot is at rest
X-rays are the common methods of diagnosis. If left untreated, these fractures can lead to chronic pain.
Related Tip: Bone Fractures - Causes and Symptoms