Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Neha VartakYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from mouth ulcers since 5 year so let me know about right way to remove ulcers from root.
Hello Doctor, Yesterday I had my first sitting of rct on right side. Last night I was having severe pain on another side also. (which is also having cavity and rct has yet to be done on that side) because I was not able to eat something more over the pain was so unbearable. So my dentist has done procedure of pulpotec on that side for mean time to eat and to subside the pain. Once the rct on right side has completed then he'll do on lt side. My ques are- 1) is it ok prodecure? Are there any complications or any side effect? 2) he has applied a paste and gum like thing which is quite irritating me in taste (bitter taste) also I feel like heaviness as if it is just superficially attached to my teeth. Sir is it normal? Or when it will get nrml? 3) after this treatment will I be able to eat food on my own choices or not? Still I have to be on semi solid diet? please ans me soon in sequence I am getting very worried thanks for your time and concern.
My wife suffer tooth pain. One teeth fell apart with no pain and blood, another in upper chin is shaking cause acute pain during sleep. Now she uses ultra soft tooth brush and Colgate sensitive paste after 15 days of its usage now her pain is somewhat improves but root of this teeth is still weak cause much pain during sleep when pain side on contact with pillow.
My hill tongue has grown long and RED its hurting terribly since 2 days. Since today morning even if I gulp my saliva its pinching me every time and if I take water or food it hurts even more. And the hill tongue is touching my tongue in the back side even a small gulp its horrible. Please help Note: I don't have cold cough or fever.
Dear Doctor, My daughter is having protruding and irregular teeth. She is 21. Also there is tooth crowding. Can she use braces to rectify the irregularities. Would like to rectify it with invisible braces. Is it possible without extractions? Thanks.
Dental sealants act as a barrier to prevent cavities. They are a plastic material usually applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars) where decay occurs most often.
Thorough brushing and flossing help remove food particles and plaque from smooth surfaces of teeth. But toothbrush bristles cannot reach all the way into the depressions and grooves to extract food and plaque. Sealants protect these vulnerable areas by 'sealing out' plaque and food.
Sealants are easy for your dentist to apply. The sealant is painted onto the tooth enamel, where it bonds directly to the tooth and hardens. This plastic resin bonds into the depressions and grooves (pits and fissures) of the chewing surfaces of back teeth.
The sealant acts as a barrier, protecting enamel from plaque and acids. As long as the sealant remains intact, the tooth surface will be protected from decay. Sealants hold up well under the force of normal chewing and may last several years before a reapplication is needed.
During your regular dental visits, your dentist will check the condition of the sealants and reapply them when necessary.
The likelihood of developing pit and fissure decay begins early in life, so children and teenagers are obvious candidates. But adults can benefit from sealants as well.
I am divorced April 2009 then I am not married yet and I have no sex. Till I am tobbaco chewing, tention. My acidity is high. And gum recetion. And bad breath. I am quit chewing tobacco. And drink lots of water Pls help to stop bad breath. Thank you.
What is the permanent fix to get rid of bad breath. I have tried various things like cleaning the teeth, floss, regular brushing twice but still the problem persists. Anything that can prevent it completly. What do I need to apply to my gums?
My friend is having bad breath problem. As checked by dentist no decay or deposits are there. White coating is observed above the tongue sometimes. After eating it goes of for sometime. Tried mouthwash also but not working out.
Hi doctor, I am a 26 years female. I have a gastric problem, acid reflux since two years and I want to cure it permanently in natural way and also mouth ulcer from two days please doctor help me I am suffering a lot. Thank you.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.