Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neha ShettyYour feedback matters!
Tip of the day:
Start your child to brush with the help of finger brushes without any toothpaste at 9 to 10 months of age, playfully while giving him/her a bath. This way the child gets used to an idea of a brush and does not shy away from brushing later on.
Toothpaste to be initiated after 1 year of age - we have special toothpastes for kids available - preferably non -foaming types to be used.
At 1 year of age to 1 year 6 months - 1/4 th the pea size toothpaste to be applied into the bristles of the brush.
upto 2 yrs - 1/2 pea size toothpaste to be applied.
Never wet the brush before brusing - the paste becomes foamy and that irritates and gags the child resulting in the child developing phobia or aversion to toothbrushing - resulting in enhanced decay of teeth later on at 3 yrs and adolescence!
I have toothache from last 2 years, also decay with black spot on dental cap? I except your proper guidance?
How to reduce bad smell from mouth. Which things should be used to reduce d same. Please help and advise sm medicine to reduce my bad breath at d earliest. Nd also how to whiten teeth naturally?
My one teeth is half broken & another one is 1/3rd broken. What should I do. So that no one knows about my fallen teeth. Pls give me some advice.
My mom have a problem in teeth so we are go to the dentist and take medicine that recommend by dentist after taking a medicine mom was felt down on the earth and her body feels nothing and every time Dizziness. What we do ? We can't understand.
What must be done to avoid bad smell from the mouth. I brush my teeth two times a day and I am quite conscious about my oral hygiene but still I have this bad smell problem.
I have been suffering from jaw pain since monday. I tried some pain killers but that did not work. What to fo now?
Hi, my wife (32 years), is suffering from the tooth ache might be the wisdom one therefore would like to request you to please guide on the pain reliever. Note: She is currently taking viral medications which includes antibiotic.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.