Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Neha ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have done some investigations were in my lipid profile is little raised total cholesterol is 230 mg/dl Triglyceride is 216 mg/dl HDL is normal LDL is 147 mg/dl and HBA1CO (glyco HB) is 5.9% in Liver function test LFT there are enzymes which are little raised like AST is 54 U/L ALT is 94 U/L total Bilirubin is 1.19 Mg/DL direct Bilirubin is 0.49mg/dl total protein is 6.15g/dl. Kindly suggest me what should I do? Regards.
I have heard that diabetics suffer silent heart attacks. But how can one diagnose that they have suffered one, or is there any pre-heart attack symptoms that a diabetic can understand or decipher ?
Hi it's about my friend who hs chest pain since 2-3 days so pls help, and how can she avoid it my friend is 15.
I am male aged 20 and from the last one weak, I am feeling weakness and feeling someone pulling my legs ,also feeling some pain in the lower rib region. I am getting awakening at night .can you help me?
My husband got a gastric problem and too much acidity. He is suffering for chest burn and buffing.. What can we do?
I have lipid profile issues; cholesterol and SGOT high. They are under control with medication, levels are 177 and 41.4 respectively. I take Atorvastatin 10 g, ecosprin 75 g, fenofibrate and a multi vitamin - all one daily for past 16 yrs. For the past 3 years I suspect that my memory is weakening. I forget names, events and belongings on a daily basis. Both parents suffered Dementia in their late 70s. Please advise, my age is 66.
I am a 55 years ols male suffering from high blood pressure, blood sugar and high level of cholesterol. I am taking Olmesartan 20mg OD, atorvastatin 10 mg OD, but Ayurvedic drug BGR 34 2tabs twice daily for sugar. My high BP and Cholesterol level are within normal range. My blood sugar HB1ac is 8.2. Pl suggest.
Recently I did complete health plan and all reports including Stress TMT, Echo were normal except Liver enzymes and cholesterol. Total Cholesterol? 259HLD? 46LDL? 193Triglycerides? 182VLDL 36.32Non HDL? 213.6Alkaline Phosphate? 137.8SGOT? 33.7SGPT? 43.2GGT? 56.925-OH Vitamin D? 22.48My doctor prescribed following for a month:-Rosuvas F 20 - dailyUrsocol 300 - dailyVit D Tablet 60000? Once a week have limited alcohol to once a week and on a low fat diet. I started brisk walk daily for 30 mins also. I wish to know if medication given is ok and any side effects for taking them for a month. Also, what numbers should I target for above tests to become normal and leave medication.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
Hi my mom is 50 years old she has bp and there is some kind of problem in her teeth they bleed tried medicine no use. Recently started using vicco powder to brush teeth bleeding is fine but the dirty smell from mouth is not stopping what to use to get rid of mouth dirty smell even after tongue cleaning there is smell please suggest something to get rid of the smell from mouth.
34 age Mujhe negative thinking aati hai blood pressure badh jaata hai 150/90 tak ho jata hai. Har waqt ek drr rehta hai. Kamzori bht lagti hai mann karta hai ekant jagah let jaye. please help me.
Few month back after having work at office I reached home and had dinner. After one hour I started feeling speed in heart beat and breath started faster also I felt dizziness. 15 mins After drinking a glass of hot water everything came to normal. Later also This was happening to me couple of time in three days gap. I had done echo cardiogram, treadmill test, blood test, LFT,ECG but everything was normal. My fear is do I have heart problem. Please help me.
Can we control the blood pressure without medicine. I am having stationary blood pressure 140 from last 15 years. Should I take medicine.
I am getting heartburn or something burning in my chest when I have spicy food even little spicy also. What is the reason for that. Please suggest some solution.
I want to know about ct scan of chest What is the difference in male or female ct scan? What was the position of patient?
I am 45 years male, having chest pain in both right and left chest. When I take voveron tablet the pain goes away. But comes back few days latter. Kindly advise.
The most common reason to succumb to death in case of males is a sudden cardiac arrest. Though females also get affected, but the main victims are males over the age of 40. Reasons for the cardiac arrest are many, and the top one is a prevalent heart disease caused by several factors. Factors include high blood pressure, smoking, alcohol, stress, depression, work life imbalance, anxiety, high cholesterol, obesity, hereditary traits, etc.
If you also fall in the same age group or are nearing it, then you must get conscious right now that you don’t fall prey to a sudden cardiac arrest. If you get one, chances of survival depend on how soon you get a treatment and the potential in the body to receive treatment. However, prevention is always better than cure, and here are some measures that you can follow to prevent a cardiac arrest.
How to prevent getting a sudden cardiac arrest?
Prevention of a cardiac arrest starts right from the alteration of lifestyle. Diet and stress need to be monitored, and regular health checkups give you the confidence to stay better. Try following the steps below:
Quit smoking totally as it really kills. The carbon particles block the filters in the lungs gradually and permanently, and limit the lungs' capacities to inhale and filter and absorb oxygen.
If you drink, then do it socially and rarely. Long term alcohol consumption increases obesity and fat, and is another blood diluting agent. However, a low consumption helps by melting some LDL cholesterol and fat too.
Exercise everyday. You need not do a strength training essentially. Simple, brisk walking, free hand exercising, etc. will do, but the body must get a warm up everyday.
Go for a regular heart checkup in intervals of 6 months or 1 year. This will tell you the condition, the cholesterol deposition, the blood pressure and the overall blood circulation.
Avoid junk and oily food, and things that build up cholesterol and fat in the body.
When you have just experienced a cardiac arrest-
When you have just experienced a cardiac arrest, you should seek help from a family member using the CPR technique, or a defibrillator. In both cases, the know-how to use the techniques and instruments is a must. Hence, if you know that you have a coronary heart disease and are prone to a sudden cardiac arrest, you must train a member in the family to use these immediate treatments, while they call the doctor.