Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I miscarriage 2nd time on 15 feb.2015.Before conceiving my alcohol consumption was 120 ml/week. Drinking alcohol is the cause of my miscarriage. I am >35 year age.
My wife has delivered a baby girl just before 50days. Her delivery was normal. Now she produce less amount of milk, even she is taking calcium & iron tablets and also taking mother's horlicks with milk. Please advise me to improve her breast milk.
FNAC report suggestive of well differentiation squamous cell carcinoma with meta static deposits site rt cervical lymhphnode pt. problem small area of ulceration pt. in my sister.Please tell sir.
Hi I am 30 years old I have a query regarding oral contraceptive pills, I am happily married with two kids, and now I want a break i. E birth control, so is it safe and any side effects?
I have unprotected sex last to last week my cycle date is 23 of every month this month still I have not got periods please suggest me I ate, lots of papaya and boil eggs but no use.
I am now 4th month pregnant, I am not at all felling to eat anything, I am not hungry, and craving for any food items, I am just taking morning tiffin, lunch, dinner, milk and dry fruits that too sometimes. How I have to improve my diet to give healthy baby. please suggest me good diet with timings.
I have irregular menstrual cycle but from last month and this month I am getting periods almost 15 - 20 days continuously. Please suggest me what I should do and why it is happening and what is the problem. My age is 22 years and not yet married thanks.
Hello doctor my is suffering with monthly periods with irregularities kindly help me, we have some many doctors but the problem continues.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.
I had sex with my lover on 4th of last month. She miss her period on 15th. She show all pregnancy symptoms ,expect vomiting. So v did a urine pregnancy test. It show negative. 17 days passed no sign of period but she is saying he got pregnant, she can feels that change in her body.In this jan 1st. (After 17th day of period miss) she got bleeding. Actually she got pregnant or. Due to yeast infection in vagina nd the medicine she taken makes the period delay. Can any doctor can clarify my doubt?
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?
Day 14, found irregular follicle 11×13mm s/o ruptured follicle in right ovary? What does irregular follicle means? Endometrium 10.2mm.
Hi, when I got married I used anti contraceptive pills for 3 years with doctor suggestion. After I had a child, again I used the pills for 3 years with doctor suggestion. But now I came to know that I lost my libido or sex drive because of the pills. How can I improve my sex drive again, my husband says that he is not satisfy and I am not reaching upto his expectations. Please consider my request and help me. Thanks.
Hi. I had sex with my girlfriend on last december 30 and january 1st and gave her ipill both the times after 22-23 hours of sex. We have a doubt if she have conceived because the condom was broken. Nd she got her normal periods on jan 10th. Now yesterday she had a severe stomach pain which was gone after drinking water. Nd she got negative in pregnancy test today morning nd the test done last week after periods. Will she be pregnant?
Hi. I am shweta aged 28 years , married and suffering from PCOD since last 10 years. Kindly suggest me surgiu treatment for same?
I am about 2 months pregnant can we do sex. Nd how many time we can do sex. Nd we have to sex with or without condom.
Cholesterol is carried through your blood, attached to proteins. This combination of proteins and cholesterol is called a lipoprotein. There are different types of Lipoprotein in your blood:
• Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL, or "bad," cholesterol transports cholesterol particles throughout your body. LDL cholesterol builds up in the walls of your arteries, making them hard and narrow causing Atherosclerosis..
• Very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL). This type of lipoprotein contains the most triglycerides, a type of fat, attached to the proteins in your blood. VLDL cholesterol makes LDL cholesterol larger in size, causing your blood vessels to narrow
• High-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL, or "good," cholesterol picks up excess cholesterol and takes it back to your liver from where it is excreted.
How to know if you are at risk of High Cholestrol:
• Obesity. Having a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or greater puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Large waist circumference. Your risk increases if you are a man with a waist circumference of at least 40 inches (102 centimeters) or a woman with a waist circumference of at least 35 inches (89 centimeters).
• Poor diet. Foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat, egg yolk, full-fat dairy products, trans fats, found in some commercially baked cookies, will increase your total cholesterol.
• Lack of exercise. Exercise helps boost your body's HDL "good" cholesterol while lowering your LDL "bad" cholesterol. Not getting enough exercise puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
• Diabetes. High blood sugar contributes to higher LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. High blood sugar also damages the lining of your arteries.
• Smoking: Smoking damages the walls of your arteries and also decreases your good cholesterol.
1) Diet: Top foods to lower your cholesterol and protect your heart are:
a) Oats: Oats contain soluble fibre which decreases your LDL (Bad cholesterol)
b) Fatty Fish: Fish has no effect on LDL but eating fatty fish can be heart healthy because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce your blood pressure and risk of developing blood clots ,thus preventing Heart attacks.
d) Walnuts, almonds and other tree nuts can improve blood cholesterol. Rich in mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids, walnuts also help keep blood vessels healthy.
e) Cook in Monounsaturated fat — found in olive, peanut and canola oils .
f) Eat whole grain breads and whole fruits to add fibre to your diet.
2) Exercise: Brisk walk for 30-60 minutes daily.
3) Reduce your weight.
4) Limit your alcohol intake.
5) Quit smoking.
6) Follow a Mediterranean diet which is Heart healthy.