Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I did dry hump with my fiance. and I am afraid if I am pregnant. My period is late by 10 days now. I'm worried what to do?Please suggest.
11 tips to overcome loneliness
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to 're-parent' themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like 'I am too fat for anybody to want to date' I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say 'or' people never seem to understand me,
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as 'I am perfectly lovable just as I am' and 'I welcome love, friendship and support into my life'
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com is an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!
As it was aborted in 3rd month of pregnancy. Mtp is used along with antibiotics. Its been 10 days. Bleeding is controlled. Today I went to ultrasound scan to chek residues. And report is ---bulky uterus with elongated cervix and 22x11 mm retained products of conception in upper endometrial cavity. Now my doubt is that. Is DNC required? Kindly suggest.
My wife had two miscarriages one was within 3 months and other was at 8 month reason for second one came out as non immune hydrops wr both are thal minor and also first cousin. We just came out of the pain planning for a baby but last one was in month of november 2015 and under c section thinking to go for IVF with pgd wanted to know when can we go for it.
I have extreme pain during periods. What should I do to get relief during that time? I take cyclopam but it doesn't subside the pain.
Hello Doctor! I and my gf had sex without contraception and took an mpill after 23hrs and had sex again in two hours will it cause pregnancy? It's been a week and she has got mild bleeding is it a sign of pregnancy as her periods are yet to be after ten days or so.
Dear Doctor, I got married one month back, my wife has nt got the periods yet, we have done pregnancy test on the 40th day, it was negative. Could you please tell us what ll be d reason.
Hi my wife is using Tablet: deviry 10 mg before marriage for 16 days daily twice. Her period cycle got shifted and now am planning for vacation very soon and want to know if she can use the same tablets to delay periods? More importantly is it safe to use the tablets or will it affect her health. Kindly let me know.
I am 45 years old. I'm suffering from following problems:-? Jaw lock while sleeping? weakness in eyes & head? teeth paining while going upstairs? irregular periods & having a simple follicular cyst in left ovary of approx. 2.1?4.2cm.
My wife have diabetic and pregnant now with 8 weeks her weight is 73 kg. Now my question is what meal chart is good and when and what she should have in meals? What are the free foods, vegs, fruits? How she can maintain her weight? Any other suggestion? Also she is taking insulin three times in a day.
Hi I have given birth to a baby boy just 2 weeks back n m on full dieting no oil less salt n chilli I am on roti bt my stomach is bulgy what to do? I want to go slim frm my tummy side it looks as if I am pregnant what to do please help me I feed my baby can you pls suggest any diet chart or any medicine which should not affect my baby's health.
I am 32years I am trying to conceive. Once I got conceive in 2014jan but due to my back nerve pain. I did abortion. It happened without proper knowledge. Now when I went to doctor here in goa. The doctor told me to take come 25 mg from third day of periods I took for five days. As my periods are regular in 26th or 27th day. So I took in Feb and then on ovulation study my left side ovary egg was in 22mm then doc said to take injection for rapture and I took the injection and me and hus met on this ovulation day. Later after the raptured happened on 15th day of my cycle I took duphaston tablet. And to my surprise I got my periods on 32 day I was so happy when on 27th day I dint got my period. But normally I get blood sporting before 3 to 4 days before periods. So then again doc said that on 7th March which is my first day of my period. Then I take come 25 mg on third day 9th to 13th the come 25 mg. Then on 12th day I went check my ovulation study then my left ovary egg was 32mm. I have no idea I informed to doctor he said to take injection for rapture and I took the injection and on 15th day when I went to check the rapture in evaluation study doc said my rapture is not happened and my left ovary egg 32mm. Then my doc said to not to plan for the child for 2 months. Then he told me to take novelon tablets to on 4th day of period. And to take ovabless. To my surprise I got my period on 29th March again which 23rd day. Please tell me what happening with me. Doc said to try normally coz my egg is realising normally so no need to any medication. Then y I dint conceive on March.. Doc said if in normal way on MAY month I don't conceive then he want to do hcg test. And I heard that hcg test is very painful. Please help. If there is any blockage and then how come ovulation took place every month. Please help me doctor. I am very desperate and depressed to have baby. Does without pain can this hcg test can happen. Please help me.
Constant problems in women during intimate activity is enough to send you or your partner in agony. It is important to understand that it can be due to female sexual dysfunction. Female sexual dysfunction can happen at any stage of a woman's life and can be lifelong, but os usually acquired later in life. Also it can be due to some situations or all sexual situations.
Women with sexual dysfunction might show the following symptoms:
- Decreased sexual desire: A lack of interest and willingness to engage in sexual activity is the most common symptom of female sexual dysfunction.
- Sexual arousal disorder: The desire of involving in sexual activity might be present, but it is difficult to become aroused or unable to maintain the arousal during the act.
- Orgasmic disorder: One experiences repeated and constant difficulty in attaining orgasm despite of an orgasm and stimulation.
- Sexual pain disorder: Pain is experienced on vaginal contact or stimulation
Following can contribute to dysfunction:
- Medical conditions like kidney failure, heart diseases, cancer, and multiple sclerosis can lead to dysfunction. Some medicines like the antihistamines, antidepressants and blood pressure medicines can lead to a lowered sexual desire and an inability to experience orgasm.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, after a baby and menopause also affect the sexual activity. The estrogen levels fall postmenopausal and change the genital tissues along with the sexual responsiveness. It is believed that a decrease in estrogen levels leads to a decrease in the blood flow of the pelvic region, thus leading to more time for an orgasm.
- An anxiety or depression, which has not been treated can lead to sexual dysfunction. A history of sexual abuse or stress that has been present for a long time also leads to dysfunction.
- A conflict with the partner in the relationship or about sex can also decrease sexual responsiveness.
- Openly communicating with your partner about your likes and dislikes makes a great difference
- Regular exercising gives a boost to the stamina and elevates the mood thus increasing romantic feelings. Use of alcohol should be decreased
- Taking help from a therapist in case of problems with sex and relationships
- Use of device and lubricants can help in arousal If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello Doctor, I'm 31 yrs old. I have been trying to conceive my second baby for past four months. We made love during my fertile days only. Everything was well planned, but we did not succeed. I have also to confess that i'm under stress to conceive faster and also traveled exhaustively. We could not guess what would be the problem for not conceiving. Should I consult a gynaec now? Note: I have no issues like irregular periods, PCOD etc. I had no problem in my first pregnancy also
I am underweight, very skinny and I get a lot of white discharge. I feel very lazy. What should I do?
Hi. I have been advised to take siphene. .plus hmg injections from day two to five. Went to scan on tenth day. Had only one follicle with 10 mm. N endo 6.3.doctor advised to take three more injections. Went to scan in fifteen days. Had follicle both the side 11 mm. .with endo 7.5.doctor advised to take more two injections. and cone for scan on seveneenth day. How is the process going on .wat has to be done for follicle growth.
Why it is referred to as having religious importance too?
Also used for
Scanty or obstructive urination
Weakness of nerves
Problem of breast milk secretion