Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
If you thought dental health could take a backseat amidst other demanding health problems, you surely haven’t experienced the unbearable pain of tooth cavities. Problems pertaining to your teeth could be many. From open nerve endings to weak and brittle teeth, anything could plague you. To take proper care of your teeth, you should visit your dentist frequently.
A few basic ways to maintain healthy teeth
- Pay heed to the kind of toothbrush you use: The kind of toothbrush you use plays a key role in discerning the health of your teeth. Many tend to use toothbrushes with hard bristles for brushing; this causes the enamel of your teeth to wear away. As a result, the dentine shows and a person reveals yellowish teeth every time he or she smiles. To soften the bristles of your toothbrush, you could wash it in lukewarm water prior to brushing.
- Certain food items should be strictly avoided: Junk food or packaged food is not just harmful for your overall health, but also for your teeth. Any food rich in starches or sugars can have acidic effects on your teeth enamel. Acids can corrode the enamel of your teeth. Hence, one should remember to consume food items that contain little amounts of sugar and starch. The reason why everybody around prohibited you from having too many chocolates as a child can be realized in the aforementioned point.
- Brushing and flossing routine: It is absolutely essential to brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing is what makes brushing effective. Many people are not aware of the right way to floss. Flossing should be done in a way so as to get rid of plaque that tends to settle down in between your teeth or right underneath your gums. The floss should be curved in the shape of a C for proper cleaning. Deposition of food particles when left to rot inside your mouth can cause graver problems other than bad breath.
- Give up your addiction: Smoking can kill the well-being of your teeth. It reduces the amount of blood circulated into a person’s mouth thus, making him or her more prone to the risk of oral cancers. Your chances of contracting periodontal diseases also increase when you smoke. So, healthy teeth and smoking can never go hand in hand.
- Never eat too many snacks: Eating in between meals or binge eating generally causes a lot of harm to your dental health. The more number of snacks a person intakes, the more is the concentration of sugar on his or her teeth. Care should be taken to eat four complete meals a day and less of snacks which are rich in sugar or carbohydrates. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I am 57 year old male. My teeth are becoming sensitive to hot and cold (more sensitive to cold. Please suggest me some remedy.
I am suffering from upper part skin of canine teeth swell but no pain. And bleeding from there some time when I press teeth so any treatment for this please give me suggestions for this thank you.
I am a oral cancer patient. My surgery was done in July2013, at Vadodara. I had undergoan for Radiation treatment for 31 sessions in August, Sept'13. It was 2nd stage cancer. Recently i had under goan for CT scan. According to CT scan report my treating Dr. Said It is not abnormal. I am afraid with Dr. Statement.If it is not abnormal means it is also not normal. I am afraid to consult even other Dr. Pl help me & guide, How my CT report can be sent to your panel Dr. For further advise. Or suggest alternative if any. .
I have yellow tooth I don't know why. I brush regularly but still the stain remains. It looks ugly. Past few days I have seen blood coming out of my canine teeth. What shall I do to get white teeth and get rid of the blood oozing out ?
Frequently i am getting mouth ulcers and i am unable to eat any spicy foods or hot food. Please help me.
He has lil bit cavities, yellow teeth and bad breath. But he brushes his teeth daily. What should he do?
Sir/ madam This is about my cousin. He is 7 year old. His mouth is smelling bad, and his teeth colour changes white to yellow progressively. From last 4 month. Sir please suggest me what can I do.
Myth 1: Tooth Loss Is a Normal Part of Aging Process - The fact is that tooth loss is a result of an oral disease, not the aging process
Myth 2: When You Grow Old You Get Dry Mouth - Absolutely Incorrect. Dry mouth (Xerostomia) issues can affect people of all ages, but it is more prevalent in old age mainly due to the medications (decongestants, antihistamines, diuretics and antidepressants) that are consumed for various other health concerns.
Myth 3:Bleeding Gums Are Normal While Aging – Not true. Gum bleeding can occur due to various factors like gum diseases, pockets and it is not related only to aging.
Myth 4: Periodontal Disease Cannot Be Treated in Elders - False. With the combination of scaling to eliminate hardened plaque and infected gum tissue and antibiotics periodontal cases are treated successfully.