Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Dear Dr. Sir Pl Suggest me a antifungal drug in Ayurveda I am suffering a fungal disease pl tell me a strong drug.
I am 22 years old. Gender: male. I have cracks in my feet for which I have to consult podiatrist. Those cracks are hereditary started from my grand father. Cracks vanish when I start wearing shoes for a week or more. And again appear if I don't wear shoes. Please give me solution for my problem which lasts permanently. Thank you.
Her body tone is darkened due to visit in goa how can she get back her original skin tone and in case she wants to increase her skin tone how will she do this?
I have a cist on my left hand above my palm which I got operated and checked in the past but has appeared again. It did not give me trouble ever before but now I want to get rid of it. Please suggest medicine?
I am 17 years old and have pimples coming over constantly. Inspite of trying many products , I haven't got any benefit. What should I do to get a clear face ?
Sir please suggest me qith english medicine I do not like ayurvedic please tell me how I remove black black pimples from may face.
Hi, recently while cooking the hot dhal splashed into my face leaving a first degree burn. I used antiseptic initially to heal the wound.
I am having red pimples on my back and they leave blood on my clothes and are very painful. What are the precautions should I take care of and any medicine recommended?
I am 18 and my hairs above the forehead are falling, the hairfall from the starting point of my head is increasing, how could I prevent hairfall. Can I use livon hair gainer at this age, would it be useful. If yes then how can I use it and what are its adv and disadvantages?
I have rough & dry hairs, also had hairfall these days. While I put oil for my dry hairs, hair falls more. What could I do for it?
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation:
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results.