Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeha ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years male me and my wife had sex on 21st may. She took I pill immediately after sex and another pill 12 hours later. Since then she has missed her two consecutive periods. Her last period was on 8th may. We did two home pregnancy test on 22 june and 24 june ,both were negative . We did a beta hcg blood test on 29 june , it also showed negative pregnancy. On 11th july we did a beta hcg test and a TVS ultrasound. Both showed negative pregnancy. However ultrasound showed multiple cysts on left ovary. My wife took Medroxyprogesterone Acetate Tablets (10 mg) from 13 to 17 july. Yet she did not get her periods. please suggest the reasons. Can she be pregnant or is there some other serious concern. We both are very depressed.
I had a sex with my boy friend before marriage but without using any protective methods. We did it but we dont complete it even we dont allow sperm to get in. Since it is first time because of fear and pain and not yet marrried we then stop doing it. For a note not even hymen get torn, but now I forgeted my periods due data so I ate a tablet for pre mensturation without geting its name too. But till now I dont feel my periods is coming and I had a sex absolutely 7 days before this day. But after consuming this tablet I experienced abnormal fow of thick white in my vagina. My doubt is am I pregnant or am I having any other problem in fallopian tube or uterus for such awkward dense white flow. Please help me.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which is born due to an imbalance of hormones within the female body. When this happens, the female body faces anumber of problems as far as her periods or menstrual cycles goes, besides finding it difficult to conceive naturally and easily. Let us find out more about this condition.
PCOS and hormones
To begin with, let us understand what hormones are. These are chemical impulses that send messages to various parts of the brain and rest of the body to signal the release of other kinds of hormones that may be vital for various functions. In PCOS, it is normally seen that the sex hormones are thrown out of balance, due to which the ovaries start producing a small dose of some male hormones. This creates problems as far as ovulation is concerned and also, it gives rise to the growth of facial hair, acne and changes in the overall appearance of the patient. Insulin resistance is another cause that may also trigger PCOS. It is also an inherited issue in many cases.
From irregular periods to an increase in acne and facial hair, there are many symptoms that may point at the existence of this condition. Fertility problems and issues related to normal ovulation are also often seen in women who are suffering from this condition due to the irregular periods. Additionally, depression may be seen in many patients who are suffering from this condition on a chronic basis. Thinning of hair and excess weight gain with difficulty in losing extra pounds may also be indicative of PCOS.
The diagnosis of PCOS is usually done with the help of a physical examination as well as a blood test that will primarily help in determining the sugar levels and insulin. The doctor will also conduct other hormone tests so as to understand which hormones are not in balance and which ones may be triggering changes in the body. Apart from all this, the doctor will also study the body mass index (BMI) of the patient to find out if there has been a sudden and drastic change on the weight of the patient. During the lab tests, where the blood and urine are examined, the doctor will also seek to rule out any anomalies in the thyroid gland. An ultrasound of the ovaries will also be conducted.
Weight loss programs as well as diet tweaks that remove excess dairy and meat may be recommended by the doctor. Further, the doctor may also put the patient on birth control pills so as to bring better balance of hormones. Moreover, moderate exercise will be required for the patient so that the normal production of hormones may be resumed eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 27 years old, whenever I wax my arms it becomes swell and after 2-3 days there are patches on my arms. Please suggest what should I do with my arms?
हमें जिंदा रहने के लि्ए ऊर्जा की जरूरत होती है। ये ऊर्जा हमें भोजन से मिलती है। अगर हमारे खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी हो जाए तो हमारे शरीर के साथ हमारे जीवन पर भी खराब प्रभाव पड़ता है। ये हमारे स्वास्थ्य, व्यवहार, मूड के साथ-साथ संपूर्ण विकास को प्रभावित करता है।
अधिकतर लोग यह समझते हैं कि जिन लोगों को पौष्टिक भोजन नहीं मिलता केवल वे ही कुपोषण का शिकार होते हैं। लेकिन पौष्टिक भोजन मिलने के बावजूद अगर आपकी खाने-पीने से जुड़ी आदतें ठीक नहीं हैं तो आप भी कुपोषण के शिकार हो सकते हैं। जैसे हरी सब्जियां अगर भाप में पकाकर खाई जाएं तो इनसे सबसे ज्यादा पोषण मिलता है। लिहाजा हम जो खा रहे हैं, उससे सबसे ज्यादा पोषण किस रूप में मिलेगा उसका ध्यान रखना भी जरूरी है। कुपोषण का खतरा पुरुषों के बजाय महिलाओं में ज्यादा होता है वहीं वयस्कों के बजाय बच्चे इसका शिकार ज्यादा होते हैं।
कुपोषण के लक्षण
कुपोषण का सबसे प्रमुख लक्षण वजन कम होना है। अगर आपका वजन तीन महीने के अंदर बिना डायटिंग के 10 फीसदी कम हो रहा है तो आप कुपोषण के शिकार हैं। इसके अलावा थकान, आलस, खून की कमी, सांस लेने में दिक्कत आदि भी कुपोषण के लक्षण हैं।
कुपोषण की वजह
शरीर को पोषक तत्व खाने से ही मिलते हैं। जब खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी होने लगती है तो शरीर पर इनका असर दिखने लगता है। इन मुख्य वजहों पर डालें नजर...
1. खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी-
आप पेटभर खाना खा रहे हैं फिर भी अगर कुपोषण का शिकार होते जा रहे हैं तो मेन्यू पर ध्यान देने की जरूरत है। बहुत संभव है कि आपके खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी हो। कई खाद्य पदार्थ स्वादिष्ट होते हैं लेकिन हमारे शरीर में पोषक तत्वों की कमी को पूरा नहीं कर पाते। अगर आप इस तरह का खाना खाने की आदत बना लेते हैं तो कुपोषण का शिकार हो जाएंगे।
2. असंतुलित खाना-
हमारे शरीर को उम्र और आयु के हिसाब से पोषण की अलग-अलग मात्रा की जरूरत होती है। मान लिया आप आधा ग्लास दूध पीते हैं और आपके शरीर को एक ग्लास दूध की जरूरत है तो पोषण अधूरा रह जाएगा। अगर भोजन में पोषण की मात्रा जरूरी स्तर से कम होती है और लगातार काफी समय तक ऐसा ही कम पोषक तत्वों वाला भोजन किया जाए तो कुपोषण की संभावना बढ़ जाती है।
3. अनुपयुक्त भोजन -
अलग आयुवर्ग, कार्य-शीलता, जीवन की अलग-अलग अवस्था और महिला और पुरुष की जरूरत के हिसाब से शरीर को अलग-अलग मात्रा में पोषण की जरूरत होती है। उदाहरण के लिए सामान्य वयस्क और एक खिलाड़ी के शरीर को अलग पोषक तत्वों की जरूरत होगी वैसे ही एक गर्भवती महिला और सामान्य महिला की जरूरतें अलग होती हैं।
4. आर्थिक कारण और जागरूकता की कमी-
कुछ लोगों की आर्थिक स्थिति इतनी अच्छी नहीं होती किि वे पोषक खाना खा सकें। वहीं कुछ लोग सिर्फ पेट और स्वाद के लिए खाना खाते हैं और पोषक तत्वों की जरूरत को दरकिनार कर देते हैं।
5. पर्याप्त नींद न लेना-
आपको ये पढ़कर हैरानी होगी लेकिन पर्याप्त नींद न लेने से भी कुपोषण की समस्या पैदा हो सकती है। सामान्य वयस्क को रोजाना आठ घंटे की नींद जरूरी होती है। नींद की कमी होने से मेटाबोलिज्म गड़बड़ा जाता है। ऐसे में पोषक खाना खाने के बावजूद शरीर पोषण को अवशोषित नहीं कर पाता और धीरे-धीरे कुपोषण का शिकार बन जाता है।
लें संतुलित आहार
संतुलित आहार में कार्बोहाइड्रेट, विटामिन, आयरन, फाइबर, फैट, खनिज पदार्थ, पानी और प्रोटीन यह सात तत्व मौजूद होते हैं।
- कार्बोहाइड्रेट साबुत अनाज, फल, सब्जियों और फलियां वाले खाद्य पदार्थों में पाया जाता है।
- विटामिन ताजा फलों, सब्जियों, अंडे आदि से प्राप्त कर सकते हैं। फाइबर सिर्फ कब्ज ही नहीं, डाइबिटीज, अस्थमा, ह्रदय रोग और कैंसर को दूर भगाने में भी सहायक होते हैं। इनसे शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता मजबूत होती है।
- पॉलीअनसेचुरेटेड स्रोतों जैसे - जैतून के तेल, नट्स और मछली में संतृप्त वसा पाई जाती है।
- सब्जियां खनिज और विटामिन पाने का सबसे आसान तरीका है। ऐसे में रोज के भोजन में ज्यादा से ज्यादा सब्जियों को शामिल करें। हरी पत्तेदार सब्जियों के साथ विभिन्न रंगों की सब्जियों से आपको अलग-अलग पोषक तत्व मिल जाते हैं। पालक, बीन्स, ब्रोकली आदि ज्यादा से ज्यादा खाएं।
- नियमित रूप से कम से 8-10 गिलास पानी का सेवन करना चाहिए।
- मछली, मांस, अंडा, पनीर और दालें प्रोटीन का सबसे अच्छा स्त्रोत हैं।
ये उपाय भी अपनाएं- ड्राई फ्रूट्स और जूस भी शरीर को पोषक तत्व प्रदान करते हैं। अपने साथ किशमिश, काजू, अखरोट और मूंगफली रखें। इन्हें स्नैक्स के तौर पर खाएं।
Hi, I had my c section on November 30 2016. My baby happened to aspirate meconium and was very sick. Still she is sick. Since my husband is already 32 years old I wish to have another baby as soon as possible. Can you please tell me the minimum time I can try to conceive again. I had GDM in my last pregnancy. So I would also like to know how to avoid it in next pregnancy. I am 5.5 ft and 73 kg, suggest me ways to reduce it for healthy pregnancy. Fasting sugar now is 101 to 107. Pp after two hours 111. Yet to get my gtt done. It was 107 when I was so ideal. I started working out with mild walking and it dropped to 101 after 12 hours of fasting. Plus I don't breastfeed my baby since she was sick and was in NICU for two months she don't know to suck and drink milk. I used to express and give. Eventually the quantity reduced. Now only 20 ml everyday m able to express.
Hi I am 23 years old and unmarried. My hb level is 9.2 and have irregular menses. From last 2 months menses are not held. Today 2 months and 2 days over and have no menses till now. I'll take treatment also but have no results. My stomach become more fatty day by day as well. As he lots of pain Please tell me what to do as soon as possible.
My girlfriend release white liquid. She suffer it badly. Why it is going on and what is her problem. Nd its prevent.
A healthy and nutritious breakfast can make a good morning even better. Myths and misconceptions are galore when it comes to a healthy breakfast. Many of the lip smacking breakfasts come with zero nutritional value, but they look so tempting that we fall for such delicacies. A healthy breakfast is not always healthy. Some of the assumed healthy and nutritious foodstuff can do your health more harm than good. Thus, one needs to get their facts right before zeroing upon a particular breakfast.
- French toast - a perfect toast to unhealthy life: Ideally, a healthy breakfast should give you energy and keep you fit and active throughout the day. French toast is anything, but healthy and nutritious. It has negligible nutritional value. With this breakfast, all those rigorous exercises will prove to be futile. Some people go a step further. They team this already unhealthy breakfast with French fries and sausages. This palatable breakfast can give your waistline nightmares, not to forget the associated health complications. Bread toast with boiled or scrambled eggs is a much healthier and nutritious alternative.
- Cake and pastry - the sweet devil: Cakes and pastries for breakfast are sure to throw your health in jeopardy. Pastries and cakes are both simple carbohydrates. When taken in, these are immediately broken down to glucose. An elevated glucose level often results in an abnormal rise in insulin level. This can lead to serious health problems, with diabetes and obesity being the most common complications. There will inflammation affecting the whole body. Your skin will be the worst affected. It will lose its radiance and appear wrinkled and saggy.
- Donut for breakfast - a complete evil: It is the best way to welcome the unwanted calories and fats into your body. Donuts mostly contain trans- fats that can result in serious healthy complications. You will feel lethargic throughout the day. Obesity and donuts are like two faces of the same coin.
- The sugary juice - a road to obesity: For some people, the breakfast is incomplete without fruit juices. While fruit juices appear as a good, healthy option, the facts are just the opposite. Freshly prepared juices can still be accepted, but the packaged fruit juices are a big no. The packaged juices are loaded with sugar that can never do your health any good. Whole fruit is a much better and recommended option for your health.
- Bagels - a big no: When loaded with cream or cheese are no longer considered healthy. Flavoured yogurts are equally unhealthy and should be avoided. Before going for packaged cereals, the nutritional contents should be well read and understood.
Your health is important. The sooner you realise this, the better it is. Reach us at to know more about the healthy breakfast options.
I am 23 years old. I am 9 month pregnant. Mere pet bhut tight h. Mje abhi tak b delivery pain start nhi hue h. Waki sb thk h. Bas ye janna h ki baby kb tak born hoga. Kase hoga delivery pain?
Hello doctor, I am pregnant and its 4 month is about to complete in days. But from last three days I have pain on my lower back. Pain its like its same as in period its happened. Will you please suggest me is this normal?
First dates are ever so romantic if you are with the perfect guy. Women go all out in making their man feel special, especially when it comes to playing games in the bedroom. But a lack of sexual desire can play spoilsport for any relationship, and things may end even before they start. Sexual appetite is something that is a facet of a normal adult’s life. However, a lack of something like this can be the cause of some discontent in a relationship in which the partner’s appetite is different.
However, as long as a woman is willing to alter her lifestyle in a few ways, she can really boost her libido. Here are some tips for women to give their libido a much needed boost.
- Drink less and quit smoking: While drinking, as long as it is in moderation, could be said to be ok, one thing that is to be avoided at all costs is smoking. There are more than enough negative side effects of smoking, and a woman doing so is axing her own sex drive.
- Move your body: A healthy amount of exercise is great for the body and also in improving the female libido. The reason for this is that when a woman exercises, the blood flow across her body greatly improves and this does result in a better functioning of her sexual system. In addition to this, the greater the amount of exercise done by a woman, the higher the level of testosterone in her bloodstream, which goes a long way in increasing her desire to have sex.
- Stay happy: Being positive in general can really work wonders for a woman’s sex drive, as it has a range of benefits which include increasing her self-worth and her desire for sex as a partial or indirect result of the same. The great thing about being able to harness the immense power of positive thinking is the fact that apart from just her libido, the other aspects of a woman’s life will greatly improve.
A life which is bereft of or even lacking in adventure can be quite dour, to say the least. As a matter of fact, this can have a pretty big impact on the female libido as well. If a woman makes the effort to get away from the normal, run-of-the-mill schedule she may have, the benefits of doing the same are likely to manifest in her libido. Also, as it is said: sex begets more sex and this will quite likely kick off a rather enjoyable cycle for the woman.
Gonorrhea is a bacterial disease that is transmitted through intimate contact. If not treated on time, gonorrhea can become serious. Every year millions of people get affected with this disease across the globe.The area of infection predominantly involves the anus, vagina, penis and urethra.
Symptoms of gonorrhea
Gonorrhea often shows no symptoms. It is found that only two out of ten women show signs of gonorrhea and one out of ten men show signs of gonorrhea. This disease can take as long as 14 days to show any signs of its existence. Some common signs in women include menstrual irregularities, throwing up, abdominal pain, painful intercourse, swelling of the vulva, frequent urination and yellowish vaginal discharge. Some common signs among men include burning sensation while urinatingand discharge of pus during urination. Some common symptoms include itching of the anus, throat selling, oral infection and painful bowel movements.
- Complications in pregnancy: Apart from premature labour and stillbirth, gonorrhea can get passed on to the fetus as well. Some other symptoms include eye infection and joint and blood infection. If the fetus gets an eye infection, antibiotics drop is prescribed by the Doctor.
- Infertility: If gonorrhea is not treated for a long time, it can lead to infertility. Women might find infections in regions such as the uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries. Men might find infection in their testicles, urethra, etc. It can lead to a condition known as the epididymitis. If this condition is not treated, men can become permanently infertile.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can lead to a condition known as the disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI). This is a condition, which leads to arthritis or soring of skin. Women are more prone to developing this condition than men. Some common symptoms include fever, joint pain and fever. If DGI is not treated on time, it can lead to permanent damage of joints.
How is gonorrhea treated?
Gonorrhea is easily treatable and medication involves antibiotics along with other drugs. In case a pregnant woman gets diagnosed with gonorrhea, antibiotics are not prescribed. It is strictly advised not to involve in any sexual activities while the treatment is underway. Some of the common precautions that should be taken while undergoing treatment involves the following:
- Taking the medication on time. At times, symptoms go away, but completing the full medication course as prescribed by the doctor is required in order to completely get rid of the bacteria.
- Gonorrhea medicines should not be shared with anyone
- Consulting the doctor every three months to ensure that the disease is fully cured
- To make sure that your partner gets treated along with you in order to mitigate the risk of recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 4th month pregnant I am getting fat by taking bed rest which is suggested by doctors please give me some diet plan from mng to evng.
I had sex around 42 hours ago and I am having vaginal bleeding. We used a condom also. Is it related to pregnancy? Or what is it?
What is cryptic pregnancy? How common is it? What are the causes of it? And what are the signs and symptoms? Also if one has had an I pill within 18 hrs of the sexual act and the act took place on november 2015. And after the act though getting regular monthly periods. But the quantity of blood flow has decreased and pattern has been slightly changed. And also after 42 & 63 days from the november act 2 beta hcg test were done which showed < 1 miu /ml. And all 11 upt taken by prega news kit with morning samples showed negative results. And also on 23 rd week from the november act. A transabdominal ultrasound was taken. And a ct scan was done which showed uterus is normal. Does these details tell that I am not pregnant. please advise me as I do not want to become pregnant. And stressed out due to this.
I had thyroid, was taking 25 mg tab. Now I am pregnant 2 months .In the blood test thyroid was normal .So should I continue with thyroid tab or stop it .since I am pregnant.
I am unmarried I have some periods prblm it will be delay how I maintain monthly periods properly or correctly.
It’s frustrating to see that though there is little change in diet, weight gain becomes normal as we get older. ‘Tyres’ around the tummy and heavy hips are often seen as a sign of being middle aged. There are many reasons for this change in the rate of weight gain. Some of them are:
Lower metabolic rate: As children and teenagers, the body is constantly growing and changing and hence has a high metabolic rate. Metabolic rate refers to the speed with which fat is burned to produce energy. After the age of 30, this metabolic rate naturally slows down and fewer calories are burned. This leads to the accumulation of fat. The only way to boost your metabolic rate and burn fat is by exercising.
Less muscle mass: With age, the muscles in the body also begin to shrink. Thus, instead of forming muscle, fat cells are formed as a result of digestion. When comparing muscles and fat cells, the former burn more calories and hence when they are unavailable, the rate of burning calories is lowered leading to weight gain.
Weight gain in menopause: When it comes to women, menopause is another trigger for weight gain. This is because, this condition is marked by hormonal imbalances. This leads to a sudden drop in estrogen levels that triggers a response in the body to draw out more estrogen from the fat cells. Ultimately, this leads to the formation of more fat. Men too can suffer from hormonal imbalances as they age. This is seen by a drop in testosterone levels that leads to abdominal weight gain.
Sedentary lifestyle: As we get older, our lifestyle turns more sedentary. A sedentary lifestyle is very unhealthy and leads to not only weight gain, but a number of other problems as well. Without regular exercise, the body’s existing metabolic rate further reduces leading to accumulation of fat cells. To combat this, take half an hour out of your schedule every day to go for a walk, cycle or practice any form of exercise.
Stress: Stress not only affects your psychological health, but your physical well-being as well. Being under pressure or anxious can increase the cortisol levels in the body. This creates hunger pangs that lead to unhealthy snacking. When eating in a stressful condition, little or no attention is paid to the food being eaten or the messages your body is trying to give you. This often results in overeating that causes weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.