Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nawaz
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NawazYour feedback matters!
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.
With self treatment, it goes without saying that there is no input from anyone else’s hands. Although I strongly suggest that in the beginning you see a physiotherapist, manual therapist, chiropractor or osteopath who will isolate your problem and initiate the un-jamming process,the rest of it is up to you. There are many operators who are expert at undoing complex jamming of vertebral segments, but they alone cannot deliver you from trouble. You need to help yourself-and be confident about doing so. Even the best can only address the ‘hands on’ aspect of your care.
The background decompression of your spine and the restoration of your trunk control can only be done by you.Spinal therapies which do not recruit the sufferer share short-lived success. Yet most people would love to help fix their problem, if only they knew how. A quick tweak here and another tweak there, and a repeat appointment in a couple of weeks, rarely achieves anything if there is no groundwork from you in the meantime. The regenerative period may be a fraction of the degenerative one, yet it still takes time. It is a journey which must methodically unfold as it stops the destruction and turns it around.
A condition which has taken years to evolve cannot be cured in a moment,especially when the factors which brought it about (gravity and our upright stance) never go away.You have to decompress your spine. No-one else can do this for you. You also may have to loosen contracture of the spine’s soft tissues.No-one can do this for you either. So expect for the subtle art of manually loosening a spinal segment, which is hard for you to execute with any degree of accuracy, you do the vast bulk of rehabilitation yourself.
And remember, you have the invaluable advantages of intuition and instinct guiding you from the inside.The fundamentals of self treatment are to minimize the compression and restore elasticity to an immobile link. This is achieved by stretching your spine, maintaining the vertebral separation, and then going after even more. Minimizing vertical compression allows the disc to suck in water which makes it more resilient. Thus it absorbs shock better, so it suffers fewer traumas.
A properly hydrated disc also spares the facet surfaces excessive contact. It acts like a pivot on which the segment tips, while the intrinsic muscles at the back control the forward nodding of the vertebrae like horse’s reins-all of them working at their most efficient angle of pull.
As the disc flattens, there is less of this see-sawing action, and everything works less well. Strain and eventually pain sets in. restoration of disc height is thus the first objective of treatment. The key to the cure is as simple as knowing the cause.
I am 22 year old girl m a virgin. Is it normal not to have nipples that do not stick out? My nipple come out only when I feel cold.
Hi, I had sex and my guy has cum inside me. I took an ipill within 7-8 hours but I had my periods twice before taking an ipill. 1st menstrual cycle was normal while the other one was again after taking an ipill. But now after the last time that I took an ipill, I haven't had my periods. I took it on 1st Jan. Is there something to worry about?
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.