Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Navare Mahendra SYour feedback matters!
After taking 3 tablets of silodal d8, facing dry ejaculation problems, please help, having enlarge prostatic, uti.
Sir I am a cancer patient. I have Ewing sarcoma. I receive chemotherapy after 21 days. My question is whether I eat Red meat or not. Or it cause any health problem.
Generally identified as a rare and uncommon phenomenon, vaginal cancer most often occurs in the cells present in the outer lining of the vagina, also called the birth canal. Although primary vaginal cancer is rare and unusual, there are various other types of vaginal cancer that originate elsewhere in the body, but have spread over to your vagina.
Depending upon the nature of origin, vaginal cancer can be divided into the following types:
- Vaginal adenocarcinoma, beginning in the glandular cells on the surface of your vagina
- Vaginal sarcoma, developing in the connective tissue cells and multiple cells lining the walls of your vagina
- Vaginal squamous cell carcinoma, originates in the squamous cells lining the surface of the bacteria
- Vaginal melanoma, developing in melanocytes, the pigment-producing cells in your vagina
Symptoms: As vaginal cancer progresses from one stage to the next, you may experience any one of the following signs and symptoms:
- Diluted, watery vaginal discharge
- Painful urination
- Odd cases vaginal bleeding, for instance, after menopause or after intercourse
- Formation of lumps in your vagina
- Frequent and regular urination
- Pelvic pain
Causes: Normally, cancer develops when healthy cells undergo genetic mutations. Cancer cells are known to break off from pre-existing tumors and can easily spread everywhere, in what is referred to as metastasize.
Beyond the natural process of development, here are a few factors, which may further contribute to the growth of cancerous cells:
- Increasing age
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
There are more than 100 types of cancer occurring in different parts of body--out of them 10 to 12 types of cancers r commonly seen.---common symptoms r.
In children recurrent fevers and weight loss may b due to blood cancer//leukemia's.
In children kidney tumours r also common.
In females.abnormal swelling//lumps in breast can b breast cancer.
Foul smelling vaginal discharge--cancer cervix.
Abnormal/heavy bleeding//post menopausal bleeding may b sign of cancer Uterus.//cancer of ovaries.
In males.swelling of testicles is terratoma cancer.
Swelling or enlargement of prostate.
Other cancer in both sexes.include.
Recurrent ulcer in mouth--tongue-cheek=cancer of oral cavity specially in tobacco eaters//smokers.
Swelling /lump any where in body.like thyroid cancer.///swelling of lyphnodes ie lymphomas.
Skin cancer can develop from common mole//warts.
Change of voice[hoarseness].pronged cough//cigarette smokers=lung cancer.
Change in urine/bowel habits like constipation alternating with diarrhea. Can b large bowel/bladder cancer.
Difficulty in eating//swallowing or vomiting upper abdomen pain specially in middle age=stomach cancer.
Unexplained weight loss--leukemia.
What are the causes for getting Brest cancer in females and how can we identify the symptoms? And please suggest me presentation tips?
Male 56 years old, taking olmezest 20H+nebicard50, EchosprinAV75 for BP & palpitation & Flotral for enlarged prostate have been suffering from erectile dysfunction.
There is any risk of cancer if someone has used someone else razor for shave provided both don't have cancer.
Cancer can affect even small glands like the adrenal glands. Adrenal glands are responsible for the production of hormones like cortisol and aldosterone. These glands are located above the kidneys and have two parts; the cortex and the medulla. Adrenal cancer generally affects the cortex of the adrenal glands. This type of cancerous tumour is rare and can be difficult to diagnose.
Most adrenal cancer symptoms are triggered by an excessive production of estrogen and androgen. Symptoms can also be caused by the pressure put on other organs by the tumour. Adrenal cancer symptoms are most easily noticeable in children as this is the stage where the body is changing and developing. Some of these symptoms are:
- Facial hair growth
- Excessive pubic and underarm hair
- An enlarged penis or clitoris
- Early onset of puberty in girls
- Development of enlarged breasts in boys
Symptoms of adrenal cancer in adults includes:
- Excessive weight gain in the abdomen and above the collar bone
- High blood pressure
- Irregular menstruation
- Easy bruising
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Muscle cramps
Additionally, men with adrenal cancer that causes excessive estrogen production may notice an enlargement of breast tissue and tenderness in the area. Women suffering from excessive androgen production triggered by adrenal cancer may notice their voice deepening and facial hair growth. In most cases, adrenal cancer symptoms in women do not appear until the tumour presses on other organs. This includes symptoms like pain around the tumor, a feeling of fullness in the abdomen and difficulty eating because of this feeling.
The cause of adrenal cancer has not yet been determined, but conditions such as Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis and multiple endocrine neoplasia can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. A thorough physical examination and a detailed medical history is required to diagnose this disease. The doctor will also need a blood test and urine test. Additional tests that may be required include:
- Biopsy of the tumor
- CT scan
- MRI scan
- PET scan
- Adrenal angiography
Adrenal cancer can be cured if diagnosed in its early stages. There are three types of treatment for adrenal cancer; surgery to remove the adrenal gland, chemotherapy and radiation. However, adrenal cancer can recur and hence it is important to schedule and maintain regular check-ups with your doctor.
My mother (Age 50) was a diabetic, adeno carcinoma stomach (since 1 year) with heart stent was placed 5 years ago. She has edema in her legs, ankle, thigh since 3 days. When we consulted regional cancer centre they have tested the blood. In blood test we have noticed that the albumin is 1.4 gm/dL and protein was 3.4 gm/dL. She is feeling heavy in her abdomen and we have gone for tapping and found that no fluid was coming out and still my mother was feeling heavy in her abdomen serum creatinine test was normal (1). She was using furosemide (water pill) but she was not getting urine frequently it was 500 mL to 1000 mL per day she can't eat anything she is feeling heavy. Doctor said that eat high protein food we are giving 3 eggs per day and milk with protein powder. What to do now? Please give me a suggestion.
Anyone with Chronic Prostatitis ever had a turp done. I did, but it was only one of a number of other factors I was having down there?
What are the symptoms of cancer and what are the effects and what it forms what are its main agents.
My Mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and undergone surgery. We want to monitor for every 2 months. Please suggest me which test we have to go for? Which scan will show tumour is decreasing. Thanks.
What is the diet to be maintained for an oral cancer patient? Surgery, radiation and chemo is over by end Feb. How do we try and maintain the,PH level?
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.