Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Narvekar'S ClinicYour feedback matters!
I'm 36 years old. I had one daughter at 5 yrs. Before my conceive I had pcod. After my first baby till now i'm not yet conceive. I had irregular periods wt's the problem now wt I can do.
Slight discomfort and pain is normally associated with every woman's monthly menstrual cycle. However, for some women, this discomfort can restrict their normal activities and put them in a lot of pain. This is often accompanied by heavy menstrual bleeding. Medication is usually the first line of treatment for heavy periods, but if this is not effective surgical options may need to be looked at. Amongst the surgical ways to deal with painful menstruation and heavy bleeding is a procedure known as endometrial ablation.
Endometrial ablation is a surgical procedure that removes the lining of the uterus or endometrium. The procedure is usually performed under spinal or local anesthesia and takes less than a hour. In some cases, the patient may need to go under general anesthesia. This surgery is often performed as an outpatient procedure. This can be performed in a number of ways. Some of the common forms of endometrial ablation are:
- Laser ablation
- Heat ablation using either heated saline or radio frequency
- Electric removal of uterine lining
- Microwave removal
Though the procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure, it can take up to 2 weeks for complete recovery. The woman may notice watery discharge for a day or two accompanied by cramps and nausea. However, after such a procedure, most women do not have a period for the next few months. While this may stop menstrual bleeding completely for older women, younger women should see reduced menstrual bleeding, but may also need a repeat procedure later.
Though many women can conceive after such a procedure, endometrial ablation is usually not recommended for women who intend on having children later. It is usually suggested as an alternative to a hysterectomy. It is also not recommended to women who have a high risk of developing endometrial cancer. An endometrial ablation can be performed if the woman suffers from minor fibroids, but is avoidable if the woman suffers from large fibroids. A vaginal or pelvic infection of any kind will also prevent a woman from undergoing this procedure.
Like any other procedure, this one is associated with a number of certain risks as well, such as
- Infection and bleeding
- Rupturing the uterine wall or bowel walls
- Excessive fluid in the bloodstream
Thus in order to reduce the risks associated, utmost care must be taken, both by doctor and patient and in case of any bleeding that lasts longer than two days should be immediately brought to your doctor's notice.
My wife is having very irregular periods. Gynecologist suggested TVS of pelvis and results are as follows: UTERUS: Uterus is retroverted. Size is 6.1×3.4cm. Myometrial echo is normal. Endometrial thickness - 5.4 mm. NABOTHIAN CYST SEEN IN CERVIX. OVARY: Both ovaries are normal in size. Volume of RO- 8.6 ml. LO- 8.4ml. UNIFORM SIZE FOLLICLES SEEN IN BOTH OVARIES. SUGGEST PCO. Please explain the results and also about the treatment.
I am having vaginal itching not internal external. I had consulted Dr. he advised me to apply candid b cream. Hence it did not stop.
Me n my gf were having sex by mistake the condom worn out and then I gave her unwanted 72 within an hour it's been 3 weeks now last week she was bleeding dark brown red? What are the chances of pregnancy? How to make sure everything is safe?
I have pain in period time I tried some medicine but no relief please suggest me some effective medicines.
My friend missed her periods though she didn't had sex but her her boyfriend sprinkled the semen on her chest and while washing it off the water passed nearby vagina, and now she missed her periods this month's her date was 27. What are symptoms of pregnancy?
Intestinal distress is usually characterised by discomfort and pain in the abdomen, as well as an irritable bowel. This is generally caused when food does not move fast enough through the food pipe, to get digested in time. In Ayurvedic terms, this undigested, unprocessed food and the toxins that it causes is known as Ama. Intestinal distress includes conditions ranging from heartburn to IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. This is also known as Grahani in Ayurveda. Want to more about treating these conditions, the Ayurvedic way? Here's how!
- Mustakarishta: This medicine helps in the prevention and treatment of loose motions as well as indigestion that causes gas and acidity.
- Dadimavaleha: This is generally prescribed for patients suffering from fever along with loose motions, and bleeding, which usually points to infections in the body.
- Kutajarishta: This concoction is used for treating patients suffering from dysentery, loose motions and mild to severe irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pushyanuga Churna: This medicine is used for treating menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles and other digestive disorders.
- Kutajavaleha: This is usually used during treatment for conditions like irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis and piles. It also treats inflammation and bleeding issues. This medicine is also useful in treating patients suffering from anaemia.
- Sanjeevani Vati: This medicine can be used for treating problems associated with dyspepsia, gastro enteritis and indigestion which can lead to heartburn.
- Bilwadi Gutika: Patients who have endured rodent or insect bites as well as gastro enteritis issues can use this medicine for instant relief.
- Jeerakarishtam: This medicine is used for mothers who have just had babies and need to control frequent stools and indigestion in the post-natal period.
The use of Ayurvedic medicines necessarily needs the support of other measures like eating a healthy and balanced diet as well as massages and other such tools prescribed under this science. The medicines work towards healing and preventing further eruptions of the ailments. But for the successful treatment of the same, patients of intestinal distress need to remember not to overeat and to have meals on time, and in a routine manner. The meals should consist of cumin, turmeric and easy to digest food as well as plenty of water. Exercise is another important facet of relieving the discomfort felt under such situations.
An irregular period, medically known as oligomenorrhea , is a common problem among women. It usually refers to
infrequent periods with intervals of more than 35 days.
A normal menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days. Menstrual bleeding
generally lasts for two to seven days.
Women normally have 11 to 13 periods
in a year, but those with oligomenorrhea
may have fewer than six or seven
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating
menstrual cycles and also relieving
menstrual pain. It promotes
menstruation and hence is good when
dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
1. Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly
ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
2. Add a little sugar.
3. Drink this three times a day after
4. Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone that
helps regulate insulin levels and is
suspected to have an effect on
Simply add one-half teaspoon of
cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea,
sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or
chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating
menstrual cycles as they help balance
your hormones. They are loaded with
lignans that help bind excess hormones.
Plus, they contain essential fatty acids
that promote optimal hormone
production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate
menstrual cycles due to its warming
1. Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
2. Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
3. Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months. Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual
irregularities naturally by regulating your
1. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
2. Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
3. Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
4. Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent
emmenagogue. It is considered useful
in regulating menstrual flow as it helps
contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular
periods associated with menopause and
stress. Consume unripe papaya juice
regularly for a few months. Do not drink
it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also
considered helpful in regulating
menstruation and balancing hormones.
Its emmenagogue properties help
stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its
antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory
properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter A study analyzing
the effects of cinnamon extract on
menstrual cycles in women with
polycystic ovary syndrome is currently
turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery.
Take it daily for several weeks or
until you see improvement. You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage.
I am 29 years old female married n having kids of 4 years. I'm missed my period for this month delayed by 15 days, my pregnancy test also negative. I consult doctor also she advice to have mensil n for 2 days n ull get period but 1week over still I didn't start the period could you suggest me what to do to get my period.
Ectopic pregnancy surgery laparoscopy done what symptom go on period time explanation me thanks reg.
Sir I had a sex contact with a prostitute in the night And that day I shaved so i had a cut near anus area and I was having ringworms too and may be her vaginal water got touched should I be worry answer fast please.
I am 20 years old and I had sex with my guy on 3rd feb and I was getting down regularly till 30 april that was my last periods and after that for two months I am not getting down is this pregnancy?
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).