Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NarmitaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant,it's 7 week now.the problem is that she is having more white discharge nowadays. does it have any harm to the baby?
I am in my 5th month of pregnancy and have twins.in sonography it is told that liquid inside is less. So please recommend how to increase it and is it risky to have low liquid inside.
Hi doctor, can you tell me whats the procedure of taking iPill? At what time should it be taken and after how many hours of sex? What problems I will face after it? Please answer in full detail.
I am 33 weeks pregnant, baby weight 2.0kg in breech position with reduced liquor.Got tifa,triple test ,colour doppler done and all possible tests.I feel less movements doctor has advised operation please suggest is it safe at this stage
1. Useful in preventing infections during seasonal changes:
When winter sets in or monsoon starts, the weather undergoes drastic changes, bringing new bacteria, germs and living organisms into the air. Some people fall prey to infections and fevers during these months. Taking chyawanprash helps your body in fighting such fungal and bacterial infections.
2. Enhances the digestive system:
If you have a weak digestive system, taking chyawanprash regularly may help you enhance it. It helps streamline bowel movements and digestion of foods. The cinnamon and amla in this formulation have carminative properties, and they help prevent flatulence. It also helps prevent constipation, a condition affecting a major part of human population.
3. Helps fight respiratory issues:
The herbs present in this ancient formulation can help people suffering from long term and chronic respiratory ailments. It actually aids lung functioning to an extent.
4. Helps keep skin radiant and healthy:
Contrary to what many people think, applying beauty products externally on the skin is not enough to look youthful and attractive. What you take in also reflects on your skin. Chyawanprash contains a number of herbs including amla that has vitamin c in good amounts. Those herbs, when taken internally, help skin stay healthy and radiant. So, in a way, eating chyawanprash helps you thwart signs of aging to an extent. The saffron present in this elixir may aid in improving your complexion.
5. Aids in purifying blood:
People who lead a hectic life, get less sleep or gorge on junk foods frequently get excess toxins in their body. These toxins, when stored in the body, lead to the onset of several complications and ailments. They also hamper with natural blood purification process in your body. Eating chyawanprash helps in purifying the blood and eliminates those excess toxic elements from the body.
6. Enhances sexual prowess:
While this is not well known, eating chyawanprash can help boost sexual prowess and help cope with sexual problems better. For example, the herbs present in this formulation help keep menstruation cycle in shape.
7. Assist in coping with stress:
The herbs present in this ayurvedic formulation actually have a calming effect on your nervous system. So, eating it may help you cope better with stress.
8. Sharpens memory and aids brain function:
You have to keep track of so many things in your life and career. It is not uncommon for anyone to forget things at times, even at a young age. Eating chyawanprash makes your body fortified with herbs that aid in boosting brain functions and sharpening memory. Apart from adults, kids can also better focus on their studies and concentrate on various activities by eating this ayurvedic elixir.
9. Offers energy for daily chores:
Owing to workload, incessant multitasking and tension, a lot of people feel a lack of energy in doing things, including daily chores. Chyawanprash contains plenty of herbal extracts that provide your body with enough energy to sail through the daily chores without feeling fatigued or worn out.
10. Aids weight loss:
A lot of obese individuals fail to shed excess pounds because their metabolism is not at an optimal level. Eating chyawanprash helps in stimulating the metabolism and thus aids in losing weight.
11. Heart health boost:
Eating chyawanprash regularly can benefit heart health, say ayurveda experts.
12. Cholesterol regulator:
Chyawanprash intake can help lower the high levels of cholesterol in the blood. It also regulates blood pressure.
13. Helps improve nails and hair:
Eating this elixir may help improve the health of your hair and nails. The antioxidants present in chyawanprash help slow down premature hair graying and prevent brittle nails.
14. Helps combat cold and cough:
Chyawanprash has vitamin c and other ingredients that help your body stave off virus and bacteria that lead to cold and cough.
15. Urinary infections:
Taking chyawanprash is likely to benefit those suffering from urine infection and other related ailments.
Mai abhi baby conceive k liye try nahi kar rahi. But mai diwali 19octomber per chahati hu threw normal delivery jaha tak possible ho. To feb late nahi hoga kya baby conceive k liye. Right time kya hoga for conceive which month date.
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Do we need to have a gap between IUI and IVF treatment, there was unsuccessful 2 tries of IUI ? So please answer.
Me and my girlfriend had sex in the first day of her period. Again we have sex after 1 when period is over. She was bleeding nearly 6 days after she took an unwanted 72. Her period date is 3rd june. But she get her in 15th june. Is she pregnant?
Hi mam I am female 22 years old actually my vaginal hole is not opening to insert penis please suggest me some yoga tips or any solution please mam.
Physiotherapic approaches for sports injuries
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- hamstring strain
- low back pain
- side strain
- shoulder pain
- sprained ankle
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- education and advice- tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- movement and exercise- aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- manual therapy- a therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- other techniques- these include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.