Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naresh Shivdasani
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Naresh ShivdasaniYour feedback matters!
I am 58 years old and I am suffering with knee joint pain since 6 years. I used allopathi medicines with orthopedic professor consultant 4 years. Now I am using ayurvedic medicines. But the pain is not controlling & the leg is stiffening tight. Unable to fold/straight the leg. My work nature is site construction. I have to move /walk lengthy. I am level 2 diabetics also. Please suggest best medicines.
Foot pain is often characterized by a feeling of pain in the feet. The symptoms of foot pain can be felt in the heel, instep, arches, toes and sole of the feet. Usually foot pain can be treated at home.
Foot pain can be caused by the following factors:
- It can occur from an injury
- Obesity often leads to too much weight pressure on the feet, thus causing pain
- Aging weakens the bones and muscles causing pain
- Too much physical activity within a short period of time
- Deformities in the foot
- Broken bones
- Arthritis and gout
- Stress fracture
- Nervous system damage
Various exercises that are used for treating pain in feet are:
- Plantar fascia stretch: The exercise requires you to sit down in a comfortable chair, and then roll the arch of your foot on a round object. Repeat this exercise for some time in all directions.
- Sitting plantar fascia stretch: You need to sit in a chair and then cross one of your feet over your knee. Take hold of your toes and pull them towards you till they are comfortably stretched.
- Towel pickup: Place a towel on the floor and place your feet on it. Scrunch your toes to pick the towel up and release.
- Wall push: You face a wall and lean by placing your palms on the wall. Then, keeping the back leg straight and bend the front knee towards the wall till you feel a comfortable pull on your calves.
- Achilles tendon stretch: Loop a towel on the ball of your feet and pull your toes. As you pull the towel, remember to keep your knees straight. Hold this position for at least 25 seconds and then release it. Do the same for the other foot and repeat 4 times.
All of the above exercises need to be performed regularly to get the full benefit of these stretches. You may also use comfortable footwear to prevent the pain from coming back. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.