Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra LaddhaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir I am an student perusing my btech and I have eye sight of -3 and I am suffering from head ache from past 3 months so I could not concentrate on my studies and while reading I am getting tears n my eyes and my eyes are paining so please solve this problem sir.
Do your eyes get tired easily? Do they look sore or sandy? If yes, then it’s time to worry for your eyes now. There is every possibility that you might have developed a dry eye. It is a common disorder of the eyes that occurs due to aging. It causes discomfort as you end up feeling scratchy or gritty all the time. The eyes turn red and have a burning sensation and feel itchy. Things get worse when you tend to stress your eyes by spending extra hours in front of the computer or read texts. In fact, the discomfort increases as the blinking frequency of the eyes get reduced.
One may also develop blurred vision due to dry eyes. An individual feels as if there is some particle inside his or her eyes, but finds nothing. Though this condition doesn’t lead to very dangerous consequences, it is always a wise decision to seek medical help. The medical term for this condition is keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Once you develop dry eye, there is always a tendency to get it back again. But, the good news is that it can be treated to get some relief.
Dry eye is caused due to problems related to tear formation. When we blink our eyes, a film is formed over it. This thin layer is called a tear film. Tear film is responsible for clarity in vision. In case, enough tear is not produced, one tends to suffer from dry eyes. It is mainly caused due to ageing.
If you don't produce enough tears, if your tears aren't of the right quality or your tears aren't spread across the front of your eye properly then you may develop dry eye. The glands producing tear or the tear film get inactive with age. Sometimes, the tear film is also affected by certain medicines, contact lenses, diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren's syndrome.
Dry eyes caused due to ageing cannot be cured completely. You must see a doctor for treatment but there are no permanent cure remedies. However, there are ways to help you get some relief. Here are the ways:
- Try to increase the natural tears: There are certain home-based remedies to get some relief from the problem. You can keep the temperature of your room lower to get rid of the symptoms of dry eyes. Higher temperature leads to the evaporation of the tears. You can keep a humidifier in your room that adds more moisture to the air inside the room. This prevents drying up of the eye due to evaporation of tears. It is also found that when one blinks less, tear formation is reduced. The blinking is reduced while working on computers and reading. One must be careful while doing such things and try and blink as many times as possible.
- Use eye drops: One needs to use eye drops called ‘artificial tears.’ They are an alternative to the natural tears. If usual drops are not effective, gel-based thicker drops or overnight ointments are prescribed.
- Block tear ducts: Another way of tackling dry eyes is by reducing the drainage of tears. For this, the tear ducts are blocked by plastic pieces called punctual plugs. The process is termed as punctal occlusion.
- Take food supplements: Certain oils and Omega 3 and 6 are known to be beneficial in treating dry eyes. Include these supplements in your diet to keep your eyes healthy.
I'm suffering from an eye disease called 'KERATOCONUS' I am always having a headache, so I can't concentrate on my lessons. I look and feel like sleepy every time. What should I do?
I am 20 years old. I am suffering with eye problem from last one month. I am using so many tablets and eye drops but the eye irritation was increased a lot. Can you please give me a best suggestion for my problem?
Dear Doctor, Kindly help me. I have amnliyopia lazy eye in my right eye. I am 50 year old male. 4 months before I had cataract surgery done in the same right eye. My left eye has reading power but otherwise it is normal. I don't have BP or sugar or cholesterol problems. I don't have smoking or drinking hsbitd. I am married and have son also. My work life is office 9 to 7 job mostly pc opetatef. Can my amblyopia problems get treated or will it be a life long problem?
I am unable to see computer monitor continuously getting irritation in the eye and headache. Please help.
Hello doctor, I am from delhi. 30 years old. Actualy sir mere sar(head) me aage ke hisse kafi pain hota hai. Kabhi kabhi to regulare 2-3 hota rahta hai. Mujhe lagta hai isi karan se mere eye sight me bhi problem ho rhi hai, kindly advise me. Thank you.
I am suffering my eyes pain since two days .I came to UAE 23 June night .after reach here I take a bath here water is too hot .is hot water cause for eye pains? please give me a good answer.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?