Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Nana MulkarYour feedback matters!
My skin is pale. Cold hand n feet. No appetite. Weakness, sometimes having low Blood pressure . Joint pain back pain. N not having periods for more than 1 month. please tell me whats the reason of not getting periods. What to do now.
When I sweets or use under wear for long time I got a bad smell around my pennis. When washes its get alright. After some time again it happens.
I have Psoriasis for more than 15 years around. I tried different Homeopathic doctors including Batras. I have no result. I have started to accept it as part of my life.
I haven't slept from last 3 days and I am not able to concentrate on my studies due to head ache. what should I do?
Sometimes for a couple of days. He is saying, blood comes from his back like piles but it does not hurt And this automatically gets stopped in 3-4 days. Is this because of digestive problems. How to control it? And what is the reason? Please reply.
I have a very big headache just like memory loss I think its suffer due to high masturbation .Bt still I am do not masturbation due to this kind of thinks happens for m ,So can I resolve this my loss of memory .actually I am not focus .my contraction power is also week due to masturbation, and I have a dark spot on my eyes limp! How can I resolve please help m I am std of CA and I am not focusing on my study for these kind of problem.
I lost my tasting sensation before two days. After taking carom seeds due vomiting. From next day I lost taste sensation. When I eat sugar also. It is taste less. What is the solution for my problem. Please help me.
I am 35 yr old male and suffered from chicken pox. Wat medicine should I take and is there any medicine for protection for other family members.
It's my 25th day from first chicken pox blisters appeared. Now I don't have any moist blisters or hardly any crust or scrub on my body. I had a sex with my partner. Will my partner be in danger of chicken pox as my partner wasn't vaccinated and never had before .AM worried .please advise .
I have pain in my stomach since last four days. What can I do for improvement? Please give me suggestion for this doctor its very urgent to me.
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..