Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Namrata AroraYour feedback matters!
My mouth smell a lot even I do. Brush twice daily what should I do. Should I go for medicine or anything else.
I have pain at my right side upper jaw one black dot has formed in my jaw teeth. Please tell me what should i do?
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
I have a toothache. And its deep now. But it doesnt pain. Does it will be injurious or it will not harm.?
RCT treatment taken for two upper front teeth 2 years back and after that on advice crown applied. Now my both original teeth on which crown applied has broken. Dentist advising that your both broken teeth will be removed and after 1 month crown will be applied of 4 teeth I.e two adjacent teeth will be taken for application. I am afraid if these two teeth also broken after 1 or 2 year then I will lost all 4 teeth. Please advice any alternate if available in this case.
Drinking a cup of tea everyday helps in keeping the gums and teeth healthy as it contains high amounts of flouride and flavonoids which prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to the teeth.
In the start of this year, I suddenly developed white scars inside my oral cavity which burn extremely in contact with spicy food. It was diagnosed as Oral Lichen Planus. Tests done showed I had a auto-immune problem. The doctor has given me a tablet which he said is a steroid and have to rinse it only and then apply Kenacort Gel. There is improvement but it still burns like hell when I eat food. My question is, is it true this is incurable and I am stuck with this for life? Is this the right kind of treatment or is there any other better form of treating this? Why did I get this? If incurable, can I do something to eat food peacefully?
Hello doctor mere teeth kafi peele ho rahe hai yellow plaque jam gaya hai toh kitne dino mai theeth saaf ho sakte hai aur safai karne ke baad daant hilne ka dar rehta hai meri tounge bhi kai dino se fati fati si lag rahi hai jaise darar aa gayi ho 1.5 mahina ho gaya lekin jeebh theek nahi hui.
I've been having mouth ulcers very often and having these burps right after I have got out of dengue in year 2012. These mouth ulcers are very painful than normal. I even got my liver tested but it was all good. Now I want to know if its something big.
I am continuously facing mouth ulcers problem. Nearly more than 10 days in a month. What is the remedy for this?
Hello, I am having braces from past 1.5 year now I need to choose retainer which one is best permanent or temporary is there any difference if I go with temporary is there any chance that teeth might come to there original position my doctor suggested me to have both.
Sir I have faced RCT last January. Me dentist crowned my teeth with white cap but now some parts of cap have damaged. Sir now what I do.
Hi, I am 30 years old. I used to take betel nut for 2 yr, then I got some ulceration and mouth opening problem. I went to a dentist and he suggested me to quit the habit and take Lycopene and mouth wash. I followed his advice. But now wisdom teeth is coming out with huge pain due to small space. I cannot open my mouth much and having this problem for last one yr. I tried to get Efcorlin chewable tablet but it is unavailable. Could you please tell me alternative way? I am very afraid for that Looking for your cooperation Thanks regards.
I am 23 years old. From last few years whenever I get awake from sleep my mouth is having something bad water inside. Also sometimes my friends are telling me bad smell is coming from your mouth. please tell me it's cause and solution.
My throat is paning and lower side of lung Is also paining. And my mouth taste little bit change. It is like gutkha, tambaku etc. What should I do.
M teeth is getting yellow. Please recommend toothpaste nd brush too. Bcz softer tooth bush dnt clean the teeth.
1. Practice good oral hygeine. Brush twice a day with flouride toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque.
2. See your dentist regularly-atleast twice a year
3. Stop smoking or chewing tobacco-based products. Ask your dentist for tips on quitting the habit.
4. Drink lots of water. This will keep your mouth moist. This helps wash away food particles and bacteria.
5. Keep a log of the foods you eat. If you think they maybe causing bad breath bring the log to your dentist to review.