Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naina HuzaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old I I have bone loss in my lower gums as a result of being on long term steroids and possibly some periodontal problems. This has caused my 2 lower teeth to become loose.
There is a pain in my lower molar teeth, since last 3 days, half portion of my fore head is also paining.
1 am 17 years old guy. Frm last 6 mnths in ever week I got a red coloured measels or don't kno what its so called. Occurrd inside my mouth. and with thz I cant eat any thing and it always pain (jalan) in it. So doctors please suggest what should I do. and I have more query that I am so thin, how should I make my body. Please doctors suggest me. Thank you.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
Just one spoonful of coconut oil has the ability to prevent your teeth from decaying and can help you clean them much better than regular toothpastes, and it doesn’t even have side effects like in the cases of mouthwash products and fluoride.
The strong effects of coconut oil were researched at the Athlone Institute of Technology, where Irish scientists found out that coconut oil can inhibit mouth bacteria, especially in cases of candida albicans.
How can coconut oil prevent tooth decay?
By destroying the candida albicans, it prevents your teeth from developing dental diseases. The growth of candida albicans is helped with processed foods and sugar, and can also lead to other illnesses related to the digestive system. The scientists discovered that coconut oil has strong effect on common bacteria that help in teeth decay, such as the S. mutans, which is the primary cause for bad teeth, and have suggested that the coconut oil enzyme is a powerful alternative to chemicals that we use to protect our teeth.