Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nadina
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NadinaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. Pls suggest some medicines to improve skin tone and texture. M suffering from pcod also ovarian cyst. But it's under control by medication. My skin is becoming dark. And also uneven and rough. And also my hair doest grow I want long silky hairs. I have mild facial hairs also. Pls help.
I have got Hsg done Procedure: uterine cavity is normal in size ,shape & wall outline. No filling defect seen. bilateral fallopian tubes are dilated distally, left more than right. peritoneal spill of contrast seen bilaterally, slightly delayed on left My left tube has beaded appearance in x ray and my gyane adv me to start akurit4 even when tb test were negative taken on day 2 of periods along with tissue sample.(tuberculosis PCR and AFB smear) I could not able to handle the medicine my stomach disturbed badly and hospitalised several times. Had to stop the course in between .Could you pls advice if I can conceive naturally I am 37. Hsg report and X ray uploaded.
I am 20 years female I have sex problem of one years. At sex time I can't more enjoy please resole l.
Can I know during estimated ovulation time daily intercourse necessary. And kindly advised me on which thing I should take care for intercourse during ovulation period for conceiving the baby. Dietary as well as physically or medically.
How to prepare for an appendectomy?
Appendectomy is the medical term for the surgery that is performed to remove the inflamed appendix (a condition that is known as appendicitis). This surgical treatment is mostly performed on an emergency basis.
But before you move on to know how to prepare for the surgery, it's important why it is important to get a surgery for appendicitis done?
What exactly is Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a medical condition in which the appendix (that is the worm-shaped projection which arises out of the beginning of the colon) gets inflamed.
The major cause of appendicitis is that the tissues of the appendix become infected with bacterial action that results in the formation of pus in the lumen (opening) of the appendix. Factors that can trigger bacterial infection are a hard stool, attack by a foreign body, and accumulation of thick mucus in the appendix tissues among others.
Appendicitis results in aching and acute pain in the abdominal region of the affected person. In many people, it is accompanied by complications like vomiting, nausea, fever, loss of appetite, constipation, abdominal swelling etc. In more severe cases, it is accompanied by diarrhoea.
Appendicitis usually requires an emergency surgery. However, there are some things you need to do before going for the surgery.
Preparations to undertake before surgery:
In most cases, appendectomy is an emergency surgery so there are hardly any preparations that a patient can make. The most common preparatory measure that your surgeon may prescribe includes not eating anything up till a few hours before the surgery. Apart from that, certain medications may be prescribed to eliminate or at best reduce the symptoms of nausea and vomiting. There are no other preparations as such that you can undertake before appendectomy.
The recovery time is subjective as it depends on the type of procedure used for the surgery, the type of anaesthesia and the various complications associated with your condition. In general cases, the patients can recover within 12 hours of the surgery. However, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks for a person to resume a normal lifestyle after an appendectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
I feel itchy around the mons pubis and around the vulva area. My vaginal discharge looks like thick cheesy color. And also itchy around perianal area. What should it be? And how I can treat this.
Homeopathy is a widely accepted alternative system of medicine which was discovered in the late 18th century. Homeopathy believes in the philosophy that the mind, emotions and the body are integrated together. On the basis of this philosophy, a homeopath provides remedies which can suit best to the physical and psychological conditions of a patient. Homeopathic remedies are certainly not very high dose. Its main purpose is to recognize and discard the cause behind the condition.
People hold many misconceptions about homeopathy. Following are some of the myths of homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies work slowly: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies cure your medical condition very slowly. Fact is that it works very fast on diseases like cold, fever, etc. When the symptoms are chronic, then only working process is slow. This is because in chronic condition, the body takes little time to cure from inside. It is advisable to start the homeopathic remedies as soon as any symptom is seen.
- Remedies are prescribed by doctors with no formal training: Many people believe that homeopathic remedies are prescribed simply on the basis of the visible symptoms and no diagnosis is done. Fact is that these remedies are prescribed by qualified medical professionals graduated from homeopathy medical colleges. They diagnose your medical condition before prescribing you any remedy.
- Homeopathic remedies are not scientific: Many people consider homeopathic remedies to be unscientific. However, the basis behind homeopathy is pharmacological and clinical data. Vast studies and researches have been conducted on homeopathic remedies and treatment.
- Strict dietary restriction is to be followed at the time of homeopathic treatment: Many people believe that they have to control on their eating habits while undergoing homeopathic treatment. Fact is that for some patients, ingredients like garlic, onion, alcohol, coffee, tobacco etc. are to be avoided during the tenure of treatment. This is simply because these ingredients interfere with the homeopathic treatment.
- Homeopathy can cure any disorder: Some people have a strong belief that homeopathic remedies can cure any disorder or any medical condition. Fact is that this remedy is completely ineffective in case of dental issues or any condition where surgery is the only remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand: Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues: Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available: Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain: You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance: You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor: Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.