Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N SheriarYour feedback matters!
My ovulation is start. How to utilize it for better result of conception. What I have to do for that I can conceive. Please revert asap.
I am on regular combined birth control pill Crisanta. I have been taking it since two months and took two packets back to back without giving any break of 7 pill free days. I did not have sex on the first pack. On the second pack I had sex 3 times once I used unwanted 72 and two times condom along with regular birth control pill. I take my birth control same time everyday without fail. I was on pill free days from 1st to 7 th of April. I got my periods on 4th. Firstly it was brown discharge. Then from 5th I started having bleeding with clots. I got my bleeding fully till 7th. We were in undergarments when we had sex and my boyfriend ejaculated on the upper side of panties. We were in undergarments all time and I was also having periods so I was also wearing a pad. I started my birth control from 8th but nevertheless I did not want to take chances Nd took unwanted 72 within 45 hours. And I am also taking birth control. After taking unwanted 72 I bled a little thats Sunday. On Monday night I am having little bit brown discharge and little pink discharge. I had sex then 3 times buy with condoms and taking my birth control without fail. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hello doctor somebody says that during pregnancy she did not sex with her husband. Its humrful for baby. Is it true? Please guide me.
During the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, 20 to 30% of women have vaginal bleeding. In about half of these women, the pregnancy ends in a miscarriage. If miscarriage does not occur immediately, problems later in the pregnancy are more likely. For example, the baby's birth weight may be low, or the baby may be born early (preterm birth), be born dead (stillbirth), or die during or shortly after birth. If bleeding is profuse, blood pressure may become dangerously low, resulting in shock.
The amount of bleeding can range from spots of blood to a massive amount. Passing large amounts of blood is always a concern, but spotting or mild bleeding may also indicate a serious disorder.
The most common cause is a miscarriage. There are different degrees of miscarriage (also called spontaneous abortion). A miscarriage may be possible or certain to occur (inevitable abortion). All of the contents of the uterus may be expelled or not (incomplete abortion). The contents of the uterus may be infected before, during, or after the miscarriage (septic abortion). The fetus may die in the uterus and remain there (missed abortion). Any type of miscarriage can cause vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy.
The most dangerous cause of vaginal bleeding is rupture of an abnormally located (ectopic) pregnancy - one that is not in its usual place in the uterus - for example, one that is in a fallopian tube.
Another possibly dangerous but less common cause is rupture of corpus luteum cyst. After an egg is released, the structure that released it (the corpus luteum) may fill with fluid or blood instead of breaking down and disappearing as it usually does. If an ectopic pregnancy or a corpus luteum cyst ruptures, bleeding may be profuse, leading to shock.
In pregnant women with vaginal bleeding during early pregnancy, the following symptoms are cause for concern:
- Fainting, light-headedness, or a racing heart—symptoms that suggest very low blood pressure
- Loss of large amounts of blood or blood that contains tissue or large clots
- Severe abdominal pain that worsens when the woman moves or changes positions
- Fever, chills, and a vaginal discharge that contains pus mixed with the blood
When to see a doctor: Women with warning signs should see a doctor immediately. Women without warning signs should see a doctor within 48 to 72 hours.
For those who get up at night from sleep to urinate or early morning: each individual must take note of the 3 x 1/2 minutes. Why is it important? 3 x 1/2 minutes will greatly reduce the number of sudden deaths. Often this occurs, a person who still look healthy, has died in the night. Often we hear stories of people, yesterday I was chatting with him, why did he suddenly die? the reason is that when you wake up at night to go to the bathroom is often done in a rush. Immediately we stand, the brain lacks blood flow. Why '3 x 1/2 minute' very important? in the middle of the night when you are awakened by the urge to urinate, for example, an ecg pattern can change. Because getting up suddenly, the brain will be anaemic and causes heart failure due to lack of blood. Advised to practice '3 1/2 minutes' which are:
1. When waking from sleep, lie in bed for the 1st 1/2 minute;
2. Sit in bed for the next 1/2 minute;
3. Lower your legs, sitting on the edge of the bed for the last half-minute. After 3 x 1/2 minutes, you will not have anaemic brain and heart will not fail, reducing the possibility of a fall and sudden death.
Share with family, friends and loved ones. It can occur regardless of age; young or old.
Sharing is caring. If you already know, regard this as refresher.
Hi, I'm pregnant. Im in 3 trimester. My TSH level is 5.56.Does it causes any effect to the baby? Please confirm. Also let me know how to prevent hypothyroidism.
My husband doesn't like using condoms. Is it safe to have sex without condoms when i'm on pills? Are there any chances of STDs?
Broccoli’s demand as well as availability has increased a lot in India since past few years. It is one super food which is packed with highest nutritional value. It can be made into soups, salads or tossed with other vegetables.
5 Health reasons to have broccoli regularly.
1) Anti-Cancer Properties - Cruciferous vegetables are nutrition powerhouses and broccoli is one of them. It lowers the risk of lung and colon cancer. The compound called sulforaphane, which gives the bitter taste to broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables is what is believed to give this vegetable the power to fight cancer. Broccoli also contains folate which is known to decreases chances of breast cancer in women.
2) Bone Health - Broccoli has high content of vitamin K which is good for bone health. One can get more than their daily requirement of vitamin K in just a cup of chopped broccoli.
3) Glowing Skin - Broccoli has vitamin C which is ideal for fighting skin damages caused due to pollution and sun, and takes care of overall texture of the skin.
4) Good Digestion - Broccoli has natural fiber which assists in preventing constipation, lowers the risk of colon cancer and helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
5) Immunity building - Broccoli included in your regular diet ensures a boost to your immune system. Also present in it are magnesium and calcium which help regulate blood pressure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
4 months ago my wife had some rashes in vagina after periods. After his periods over we had sex. Then Every time when I sex with my wife without condom Some red rash appears in my pines Head. But it's disappear with in a week. But it's come again and again. I am very scared? please help me. Is it any chance of HIV?
I am 8 week pregnant and find a spotting two times. In scanning doctor told no problem for baby. When I walked more the problem happening. My medicines are progesterone (vaginal) folic acid and aspirin. Dr. What are the things I want to take care.
I am a 24 year old man. I want to have sex with my girl friend. She does not want to use a condom. Please advice me on what precautions should I take?
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.