Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. N NarenYour feedback matters!
I have ulcer. When I eat anything My chest and neck burning daily used to take 10 gelusils tablets, what's should I do now.
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that results in higher level of blood sugar in the body. It is assuming epidemic proportions and India has become the new diabetic capital with more than 50 million diabetic people. The main problem with diabetes is that it does not completely go away and there is a whole myriad of issues that it brings along with it. Heart attack, stroke, eyesight problems, delayed wound healing, nerve damage and impotence. Therefore, diabetes and by that we mainly mean blood sugar level has to be managed so that there is a delay in onset of the associated conditions and/or reduced in severity.
Ayurveda refers to diabetes as Prameha (excessive urination) and Madhumeha (sugary urine) and has identified close to 20 forms of the disease. According to Ayurvedic belief, each disease is caused due to imbalance in kapha, pitta, and vata doshas and diabetes is caused by all these, predominantly by kapha. With any stream of medicine, management of diabetes involves two tracks – one is lifestyle changes and the second is medications.
Lifestyle changes include the following:
Diet: Reduce the amount of rice, sugar, potato, sweet fruits, maida, deep fried foods, and red meat. Protein-rich foods like lentils, soya, green leafy vegetables and fish should be increased. Diet plan should change to small, frequent meals instead of binge eating.
Exercise: Include 30 minutes of regular exercise into your daily routine if you have a diabetic predisposition.
Others: Avoid smoking and alcohol, ensure sufficient sleep, avoid sleeping during day time, improved foot and eye care, periodically check sugar levels and manage stress levels.
Ayurveda has a whole lot of home remedies which have proven to be very effective against diabetes:
- Jambhul: Eugenia Jambolana whether eaten raw or juice extract has been shown to have beneficial effects in managing sugar levels and cholesterol.
Gymnema sylvestre: Used to manage diabetes for over 2000 years, it reduces sugar cravings and is being touted as the future for diabetes treatment.
Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia): It has 3 components that give it strong antidiabetic properties. The charantin reduces blood sugar levels; the polypeptide has insulin-like effects; and lectin that again has hypoglycemic effects.
Bel (Aegle marmelos): Also known as wood apple, leaves of the plant are shown to have antidiabetic properties. 5 to 10 leaves can be chewed on a daily basis to help control blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum): Consuming 10 g of fenugreek seeds soaked in water increases the amount of insulin produced, thereby increasing sugar breakdown.
Neem: Chewing about 4 to 5 leaves in the morning on an empty stomach helps to control blood sugar levels. Alternately, neem leaves powder is available which can be dissolved in water and consumed.
I have problem of gas formation and constipation. For that I sometimes miss my class. Please help me.
Masturbation se hue loss ko kaise gain. Kr sakte h.jaise ki premature ejaculation nd looseness of penish. Mtlb ling ptla nd kmjor ho jana.
I have irritation on my right eye for two days and then it has become swollen above the eye. What should I do?
I facing issue related to ED (erectile dysfunction) & premature ejaculation while intercourse. please help me.
I am 32 years old female. Since yesterday whenever am lying on bed or woke up from bed I feel like Dizziness, even if I bend my head for long time I feel the same.
I have some problems to help me. I am suffering from fever. So please give me advice to give any medicine.
Sir from last 10 to 15 days I am feeling depressed sir in normal penis I am experience a type of weakness in nerves sir before that I have good feeling and my mind is good and also I have potential of masturbate daily but from sometime I do not feeling this pleasure in why this is happening with me I also I experience that urine is come out of my penis when I m sitting why this is happening sir yes my penis have erection and feel good when I talk and hug a girl that I really like and have sexual desire for her this is natural or not please tell me sir.
Hi. I am 20 years old. I am feeling burn in my stomach from three days and my lips is every time drying. So. What shall I do. please tell me.
I am suffering from nose blockage from 3 months on wards my nose was blocked I used nasal drops but also it's like that what is this I don't no when I am spreading the nose with hand then I can able to breath properly otherwise it's not comfortable while cold will be nose will block but I don't have cold but my nose was blocked what to do please tell me doctor what is this.
My wife suffers from diabetic. Taking gluconorm PG2, two tablets per day. But sugar is still not under control. What you advise?
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.
I want to reduce weight? Due to weight problem I have acidity problem so pls help with your proper guideness. Thanx.
Hello, If I do a Lybrate full Arogyam 1.2 blood test (60) parameter will I get to know about AIDS and other sexual diseases if? If not about others I want to mainly focus on AIDS test. Please Help, I had unprotected sex about 9 months ago and did not have time to do a blood checkup.
When I have dreams in sleep abt sex I automatically ejaculates without touching my penis. Why does that happen?
I am suffering due to enlarged prostrate gland. As I am not in favor of surgery, I had taken treatment in homeopathy. While taking homeo medicines I used to have some uneasiness as if due to acidity. Even after three months of medication I didn't feel the improvement I am expecting. Further my eye sight also became strenuous. First I thought it may be due to my age - I am 57 now - but later felt due to deficiency of vitamins. After taking 30 capsules of becadex one each per day my sight improved considerably. Also my prostrate started feeling much easy. I am yet to take the next scanning please advise me whether the enlargement of my prostrate is due to the deficiency of vitamins.
Erectile dysfunction is the failure to sustain the erection or stiffness of the male reproductive organ for a prolonged period of time. This is also called as impotence as the person will not be able to engage in intercourse of satisfactory level. Some males will not be able to achieve erection with full sexual desire or even with any stimuli from their partner. There are several physiological and psychological causes for this erectile dysfunction and Ayurveda identifies the cause of every individual and treats accordingly.
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome erectile dysfunction
- Aswaganda: It is an effective treatment option for erectile dysfunction or any sexual problems that a man faces in their life. This herb works wonders for sexual disorders and has been in use since ancient period to improve the sexual desires.
- Massage: Regular massage of whole body with special Ayurvedic herbal oils will help to treat erectile dysfunction sooner. This rejuvenates the whole body and increases the physical strength for better sex.
- Drumstick: Boil handful of drumstick flower in one cup of milk and drink this mixture daily for at least two to three months. This helps to treat the erection problem for males.
- Carrot and honey: Mix half cup of chopped carrot with one half boiled egg and two teaspoon of honey. Taking this mixture on regular basis for one month’s treats erectile dysfunction.
- Ginger: Mix two teaspoon of ginger paste with two teaspoon of honey and eat this three times a day. This simple home remedy helps to cure erectile dysfunction in an easy way.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice is the best natural remedy for erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that help in improving the circulation of blood throughout the body and especially to the genital areas. This helps to maintain the erection for prolonged period of time.
- Saw palmetto: This herb is used for treating erectile dysfunction and also to improve the sperm count. Consuming this herb regularly helps to treat the erectile dysfunction.
- Proper gapping: Adequate gap between each intercourse is much important for sustaining the erection of penis. giving at least four days of gap after two consecutive intercourse is much essential. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.