Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N D MotashawYour feedback matters!
Most people don't realize the impact computers have on their health. Your eyes dry out from staring at the bright screen; the muscles of your hands, arms, and neck stiffen due to extensive use of the mouse and keyboard. All of this can lead to some serious problems in the long term.
It can be stressful, isolating, and can even lead to depression and anxiety. You're compromising your health.
It doesn't have to be that way!
Thankfully, there are some power tips and dynamic exercises you can implement to stay healthy. But first, let's take a look at the full impact computers have on your health so we can better understand how the exercises will benefit you.
Your Eyes are the Biggest Victim
Eyestrain occurs anytime we look at something for too long. Be it driving, reading or looking at a computer screen or even the TV. But there's something about looking at a computer screen that causes more issues, as you constantly need to focus on texts, images, and videos which results in eyestrain.
In 2015 the Department of Ophthalmology at Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute conducted a survey of 300 patients who were randomly selected from various IT companies. They found that these patients had ocular complaints in descending order such as eye strain (69%), headache (56%), dryness (49%), irritation (47%), burning sensation (41%), blurred vision (39%), itching (32%), watering (29%), redness (21%), and double vision (16%). None of that sounds very good, does it?
Fortunately, eyestrain rarely results in a permanent disease. It's simply a short-term condition which is an irritant throughout your day.
The Impact of Computer on Your Overall Health
We've all heard that when taking long flights, we should get up and move to stretch and get our blood flowing. Whether you are sitting in front of the computer, the TV, or reading a book, sitting for long stretches of time is generally not good for your health. Sitting in one constant position affects your blood circulation, and your back experiences severe stress. Most people also tend to develop bad sitting habits. We've all been there. It's easy to develop bad posture from anything you do habitually, whether it's sitting, standing, or walking. But this can cause shoulder, back, and neck pain which often results in tension headaches. A great article by Dr. Prakesh et al concluded that the widespread usage of computers has given rise to a number of musculoskeletal disorders. The authors feel a strong need for further studies, as most specialists are not even aware of these issues.
The Impact of Keyboard on Your Wrists
The repetition involved in your day job, like typing, often causes repetitive strain injury which affects your hand muscles and leads to a permanent disease called Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). CTS is a common condition that causes pain, numbness, or a dull ache in the fingers and wrists. In most of the cases, CTS can be treated, but not always. The worst case scenario can be surgery, but even non-surgical treatments like wrist splints and corticosteroid injections are annoying. Typically, the best way to prevent CTS is to simply take breaks from your work. It's as easy as that!
The Little Known Shortcuts You Can Implement to Improve Your Health
There's no magic bullet to avoid health issues. But with proper exercises, timely breaks and a healthy diet you can kill most of the symptoms.
Here're some great ways experts suggest that'll help you stay healthy and in shape at work.
1) Say no to high-calorie food
It's so tempting when you see your coworker having candies at their desk. While working you're likely to feel hungry and those candies can add a few hundred calories to your diet if you're not careful. Take a break, walk around, breathe fresh air, and skip the candy to stay healthy. But if you're feeling hungry eat some fruits like cherries or grapes. These types of sweet fruit help to curb the craving for candy, and at the same time, you're choosing the much healthier option.
2) Drink an adequate amount of water
It's so easy to forget to drink water. Just plain water. The simple truth is that simply drinking water can solve most health and even concentration issues. Drinking an adequate amount of water - 8 to 10 glasses a day - is very important to stay healthy and maintain your fitness. It helps keep you hydrated, so your mind is on full alert, and it helps cleanse your body at the same time. To help keep track of your drinking, set an alarm (maybe a quiet one so you don't disturb your coworkers) to remind you to take a sip or refill your bottle. Or, get a few coworkers together and set your timers to synch up!
Another thing you can do is eat fruits like orange, grapefruit, grape, watermelon, and apple. All of these fruits are a great source of water. They have the added bonus of helping those cravings for candies your coworkers are sure to have on their desk.
3) Take a break and walk around whenever possible
One of the most important things you can do to stay healthy is to exercise. You don't need to train for a marathon, but walking is a great exercise that helps keep your muscles healthy. Not only does it burn up a few calories but it also helps de-stress and refresh your body.
One of the best times to walk around is during your lunch. It's a perfect time to refresh your body by eating healthy food and then going for a quick walk to de-stress. It also helps to clear your mind and allows you to focus on the work you'll need to complete after your break. If you're social, it can be both fun and beneficial to find a partner on whom you can depend on daily. This partner needs to be someone who can drag you from your chair- even if you claim to busy.
Another great and simple idea is to park your car a little farther than you normally do, so you have a short walk to do before and after work. If you're not in a hurry, avoid going by elevator and instead use the stairs. These are such small changes, but will affect your life and health in a big way.
4) Eat a balanced healthy diet
Making sure you're eating a healthy diet is as important as exercising. If you exercise daily but are eating not so healthy food then you may as well not exercise. They go hand in hand, but the good thing is that when you eat properly, you have more energy to exercise, and when you exercise more, you have a better mindset. It's a great cycle to be part of.
The main issue most people have is they eat more than their body needs which, of course, results in weight gain. One of the best ways to avoid these problems is to eat a healthy, balanced diet. If you're still struggling, consider going to a dietician or nutrition expert who can recommend the best food for you to stay healthy. Remember that what may work for your friends and family may not be the best for your body. To give an example of how far off some people are, a recent study conducted by the Indian Market Research Bureau showed that 9 out of 10 people ate an inadequate amount of protein due to an increase in convenience foods which are high in sugars and carbs. Another study showed that 50% of the Indian population suffers from anemia, iron deficiency (which can be caused by not drinking enough water).
Another golden rule is to chew your food 32 times. Speed eating is found to be the biggest contributor to unhealthy weight gain. When you eat quickly, your brain has less time to receive signals from the stomach that it's full. By chewing your food 32 times, you're giving your brain enough time to realize you don't need anymore food.
5) Vacations can help you stay healthy
Every one of us wants to hear this one, and it's true! Tell your boss. It's very beneficial to get away for a long vacation that will help you recharge your 'batteries'. Stress slowly impairs your immune system and increases the risk of disease and thankfully, vacations are a simple cure for stress.
Vacations help reduce stress and get your mind off work, especially when you're having a conflict with your boss, co-worker, or with a project. It allows you the time to focus on yourself when normally you're the last person you think about. So make sure you take full advantage of your holidays.
6) Avoid long stretches of work
Working for long periods of time, while productive in the short term, affects your personal life and relationships and can cause burnout. Your entire immune system can be compromised by working too much.
Fortunately, the Pomodoro Technique can help you stay healthy. The Pomodoro technique is an effective way to get your task done in short bursts, while taking frequent breaks to help you maintain your health and in the long run, your productivity actually increases! It's a win for everyone.
Here's how to get started in Pomodoro in 5 easy steps:
- Choose a task to be accomplished.
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer).
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- After every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break of 15-20 minutes.
You can also use apps like Pomodairo, Tomato Timer or Focus Booster to achieve better productivity while completing your tasks. This way you'll get more productive without compromising your health.
7) Invest in a standing desk
Sitting too much is a serious issue, as we've already discussed. Sitting constantly can not only affect your muscles but makes you more vulnerable to diseases like diabetes and heart disease. Some studies even concluded that sitting all day results in obesity and weight gain.
A standing desk can solve your problem. The standing desk is a popular choice among office workers, as it allows them to comfortably work while standing. This increases your physical activity and also your brain gets active which we already know is a good thing!
8) Follow the 20/20/20 rule to avoid eyestrain
When you're sitting in front of a computer for too long, your eyes are prone to eyestrain and other major eye issues. That's where the 20/20/20 rule comes in. This rule is promoted by optometrists worldwide, so it's something to add to your schedule at work. The rule suggests that after every 20 minutes, focus on an object which is 20 feet away (6 meters) for 20 seconds. I know, I know. It's hard to remember to do that every 20 minutes. You've already set a timer to remind you to drink water, so make that timer go off every 20 minutes. Not only are you relaxing your eyes, you're drinking water to stay healthy too. You can also use tools like EVO or EyeLeo to remind you.
9) Install f.lux to naturally relax your eyes
Computer screens are designed to work during the day. But at 9PM, 10PM or 3AM your bright screen is impacting your eyes. That's where f.lux comes in.
Flux is a powerful app for your computer which automatically adjusts your display color to the time of the day. When the sun sets, f.lux makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again. I personally use f.lux to reduce eyestrain and dryness.
10) Self-massage your back, shoulders, and neck
Most people suffer from tension in their necks and shoulders at some time in their lives, which is hardly surprising if you consider the job the neck has to do! It has quite a bit of weight to hold up...not that I'm implying anything. Poor posture, bad working positions, and carrying heavy bags all make the problem worse. However, you can ease the pain with a remedy literally at your fingertips.
- Hold your left hand up, palm facing outward. Using your right hand, pull the fingers back toward your wrist until you feel a stretch, and hold that position for 5 seconds. Repeat the stretch on your right hand.
- Press the palms of your hands together at chest height. Lower them towards your lap until you feel the stretch in your wrists. Hold for 5 seconds.
- Spread your fingers wide for 5 seconds.
- On your left hand, gently pull the thumb back toward your wrist until you feel the stretch. Hold it for 5 seconds, and then repeat the move on your right hand.
- Curl your fingers into a fist: Start with your pinky finger, and gradually fold the remaining four fingers into a fist. Then curl your wrists inward until you feel the stretch, and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Massage the inside and outside of each hand, and then gently shake them out.
11) Get an ergonomic office chair
Sitting is a position that adds stress to your spine is the main reason behind your back problems. To avoid developing or compounding back problems, it is important to have an ergonomic chair that supports the lower back and encourages good posture. If you've decided to forego the standing desk, remember that although sitting requires less physical effort than standing or walking, it puts a lot of stress on the lumbar area. Combined effects of a sedentary lifestyle and a job that requires sitting can lead to many health problems. The selection of a suitable chair is a critical step in preventing health problems for people working in a sitting position.
A well-designed chair allows the user to sit in a balanced position. Buying an ergonomic chair is a good beginning but it must be combined with proper posture to maximize the benefits!
The following features are very important to consider when looking for an ergonomic chair:
- Seat height - should be easily adjustable.
- Seat width and depth - should have enough width and depth to support any user comfortably.
- Lumbar support - lower back support is very crucial.
- Backrest - should be adjustable in both vertical and backward/forward directions.
- Arm rests - should be adjustable.
- Swivel - any ergonomic chair should rotate easily.
- Stability - a five-star base is recommended for most working environments.
- Seat material - the material on the seat and back should have enough padding to be comfortable to sit on for extended periods of time.
12) Follow the Seven-Eight-Ten technique to get an instant energy-burst
Last but not least:
It's common for you to feel tired in your office, mainly because you're (hopefully) putting hard work and energy into that job. But as soon as you're exhausted your productivity goes down, despite the amount of coffee you may drink. The best cure to this problem is the Seven-Eight-Ten technique, a breathing technique utilized by musicians who play wind instruments. When they do this specific warm up exercise it not only improves their breathing capacity but the extra oxygen it generates through their system literally wakes them up!
So if you're feeling exhausted at the office, forget about the coffee or energy drink, and try out this technique to pump yourself.
- Keep your eyes open and stare at one spot in front of you.
- Now slowly inhale for a total of seven seconds. Count the seconds in your head.
- Now hold that breath for a total of eight seconds. Count the seconds in your head.
- Lastly, slowly exhale for a total of ten seconds. Count the seconds in your head.
Now repeat the same exercise 3 times, and you'll feel an extra burst of energy and mental clarity!
The Recommended Cure (And Why It Works)
While everyone wants a magic bullet to dramatically improve our health, I'm afraid there isn't one.
If you start implementing these small changes in your work life, you'll find yourself getting healthier and it'll be easier to complete your tasks and be more productive at work. Your personal life and relationships will also drastically improve.
But for that, you need to start.
Remember just BABY STEPS.
Start with one technique at a time, make it your habit, then move to another.
Hi sir My wife get abortion last week, how many days we have wait to plan for pregnancy Can we participate for pregnancy or not. Or else can we use Safety .if we use safety means any health issue.
Hi doctor, I am 31 year old. My menstrual cycle had become irregular since last year since I got married. Sometimes in two months it comes. I face huge problem when it starts. I am planning to have baby please suggest what can I do to come out of this problem. My hb is 9. 5 and I have started cycling too to reduce weight and increase resistance power
I have done unprotected sex last night 09-09-2015 and my wife's period complete just before yesterday 08-09-2015. I don't want baby now because she delivered baby just 2 months before. Can she take unwanted 72 or any other advice.
My wife has pregnant 1.5 months complete. What diet can give. Can give khaas khaas & badam ka halwa.
My period started on 17th april. On 29th april I had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend and consumed ipill within 7 hours. I have done four pregnancy test last on 15th june all shows negative. After april I have no periods and heavy watery discharge from vagina and cramps.
Sir I am 19 years of boy, yesterday I had sex with a prostitute, I used protection (condom) but later I came to know that condom was busted /cut. After that I was tensed, and later I was feeling like fever, stomach ache, bit headache, bit cough. Sir what shall I do now. I am afraid so much
Mera masik dharm suru ho gaya hai is doran mujhe pain aur fever ho jata hai. Kabhi kabhi ye ek month se pahle suru ho jata hai. please give me solution thanks regards.
1) Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. - If you are experiencing nausea, uncreased heart rate, headache, dizziness or flushed skin, your body needs hydration. Drink water immediately, plain water, plenty of water.
2) Aam Panna - It is delicious as well as beneficial for the health. Made by boiling raw mango and mixing with spices like pepper, black salt and coriander along with mint, all of which help in cooling our bodies.
3) Buttermilk - It rehydrates your body immediately. It is also a good source of probiotics and helps in replenishing the body with necessary minerals and vitamins.
4) Coconut Water - If your job requires you to travel much, take time for yourself and stop by any roadside coconut water seller. Do this at least once in a day, more if you can. This water is not only good for your skin and hair, but is also refreshing and filling.
5) Onion Oil - A simple way to bring down your body temperature is by dabbing onion oil behind your ears and on your chest. Raw onion used in salad and chutneys are also known to have a cooling effect.
6) Frequent Showers - Have frequent baths. If you are outdoors throughout the day, never miss having a bath at the end of the day. This will cool your body and ensure you sleep well too.
7) Summer Fruits - Stock your refrigerator with summer fruits ? watermelon, melon, lychee, mangoes all have high water content, and are excellent means to replenish body fluids.
Cick on 'Consult' if you have any more questions on how you can beat the heat.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had relation with my husband in mid cycle period. My last period first day was 24 august and I had sexual intercourse within 5 sept to 9 sept. But now I m experiencing little pain in lower stomach area. What can be the problem please help,
My wife is 39 weeks pregnant now. She is having so much body itching and heavy body pain. Even she can't control and she can't sleep even a minute. What is the reason behind this symptoms? What is the solution to recover from this? Our whole family worrying about her current status.
I didn't miss my periods but we had intercourse after that every day but I feel morning sickness and vomiting sensation for past 2days May I know whether am I pregnant. I check with test also it's negative.
What precaution should be taken when first time monthly periods start, what medication like calcium, iron or else should taken please suggest.
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In a layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings.
The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS.
1. Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food.
- Salt: Excess salt can lead to bloating
- Caffeine: Can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability
- Alcohol: The concoction for depression
- Sugar: Can cause mood swings
As always, eating more fruits, veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
2. Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
3. Stock up on vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
4. Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
5. Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional trauma you go through, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, it's best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to. Keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Its been 20 days since I took ipill. My periods are delayed by more than a week and the home pregnancy test came negative. I do have a white vaginal discharge. Please advice.
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.
I am Dr Nimmi Rastogi. I am a practising gynaecologist at Sarthak medical centre, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi.So, in our centre, we have certain speciality clinic. One of them is preconception counselling.
What is preconception counselling?
If you are planning your bundle of joy, then it is imperative for you to visit a doctor and tell you certain important things which by yourself you can’t figure out. So, if you are planning and you still have time, then a month before, come for preconception counselling. There will be a session of interview, we will be talking to you, we will be taking into account of all your history, past history, present history, family history and certain blood tests will be done which will give us a clue that you are healthy enough to parent a child.
For the woman we will run certain tests whether she is carrying any infection or her hormones are all right or her thyroid levels, progesterone, folate levels are all right. And all this is run and certain compatibility tests are also done, for instance, Rh compatibility, thalassemia test and sudden genetic studies are done in select cases. It’s a very simple session consisting of 2-3 visits wherein we talk and we impart certain advice based on those tests. So it’s a good idea always to be 100% fit for pregnancy rather than being taken for a shock or a surprise.
So, do visit if you are planning for a pregnancy for a preconception counselling at any gynaecologist.
You can locate me on Lybrate or on the website. I am available for consultation at my clinic at Sarthak medical centre, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi.