Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukund C PatelYour feedback matters!
My son is 18 months old. He got scissors 2 days before. Got admitted and tested and said occurred due to infection in wbc. He does not have any fever. Hez very active. And also abnormal in eeg. Gave medicine encorate syrup and levipil syrup. My doubt is should he use this medicine life long. And are there any side effects. And does it effect in his regular life style like games physical activity. What is the care to be taken. Please suggest im much worried.
14 months baby have severe cough in chest. Cough is not getting loose. Baby is not even eating anything she is completely on breast feeding. Please help what to do.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.
Hi my daughter is 3 years old and she was having viral fever every after 2 or 3 weeks and my doctor asked for a blood test we found out that she is having deficiency of vitamin d 8.68ng/ml and total WBC'count 3,500 cu. Mm and hemoglobin 12.10 gm/dL. What is the problem?
My Baby is 3 months ,he has some scar on his head and its itching. When it started it was very small now its spreading through out the head. He also develop some white patches on his chik, we are applying candid 1% ,but it seems growing any body having any suggestion.
My baby got very weak after he went through a treatment of pneumonia n asphysia and today he is of 14 days. His mom also dont have enough milk. What to do n in how many days he will be fully active?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Hi my son completed 11 month but he is still crawling only but he will stand by holding things all and if I put him in walker he will walk fast all over. I am giving practice to him to walk by holding my hand but he walk only 10 steps later he sits. When will he walk. Any things I want to do.
My kid is 3.2 years old with a weight 13.4 kg. Concerned with his weight and physic. He is so leans, worried of his growth. He eats very moderate. Please suggest whether this is under weight. If yes, suggest to improve his hunger aspects.
Hello Dr.I am giving cow milk to my 4month old baby. But as she drink it she passes stool.I am unable to understand which milk is better for her?
My child age is 15 month year old now he have not a single teeth born and now before 2 days he vomiting when we are giving some food to eat and loss potty 3 times in a day whats the problem he have and what type of remedy we will take or medicine.
Can we take along 5 weeks old baby to nainitaal from delhi for three days by car? is it advisable considering the different wether condition of two cities?
My 6 months old baby is not sleeping well. Only 9 hrs she sleeps in a day. Rest of the time she is very actively playing and laughing. Please suggest how to make her sleep.
My Doctor have advised me to breastfeed my baby in every 2 hours. But how much time should I allow my baby per feeding?
My son is 6 months old now. My milk is not enough for him. What can I give him now. Many of them say not to give nestum and cerelac since they are nestle products. Please suggest some milk powders that is best.
My child is having minor Epilepsy. He is taking Keppra 250 daily twice. Since November 2014. Since he started taking medicine. He is fine. I just want to know that now almost 1 and a half year is being completed. So should I continue this medicine or should I go to doctor again to confirm.
My son is 3.5 months old and has a lot of gas in stomach. I want to know that I am breastfeeding and is this problem is due to my diet . Is the health of baby depends on the diet of mother. Kindly suggest me proper diet so that gas will not pass from me to the baby stomach.
Hello Doctor, I have a six months baby. Next week, we are going to fly to Kuwait. Can I give him a dose of Pedicloryl syrup before flying to avoid the disturbances to the baby due to atmospheric pressure variations? Awaiting for your valuable reply. Thanking you.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.