Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukul PadhyeYour feedback matters!
Hii I m having a bad breath problem I am doing brush 2 times I am not eating onion & garlic my teeths are also healthy I want permanent relief from this problem help me Please
Any dentist. Please help me. I regularly brush my teeth. In morning & before going to bed also. But still my teeth are not white, they look yellow! please help me.
Hello sir I am 28 year old I suffering from blooding teeth and very bad smell from mouth. So please suggest me some what I can do to resolve it.
Can metrogyl gel USP 2% be used to cure tongue ulcer. Because after its application I feel a bit sluggish and can stand the gel on my tongue.
Hello doctor, I suffering from severe bad breath from past 18 years. I consulted dental doctors and they my dental condition is fine.Then i went to ent.There dr said that i have deviated septum or the tissue growth inside that blocks the mucous or sinus circulation.Thats why the bad breath.I am here for ask any anitibiotic courses or tablets for the cure instead the surgery. Please help me. I am now 26 years old and female .
I am 23 year old male. Last friday I met with an accident and my right front teeth is broken and left one also have pain. Right one was also operated back 4 years. In x-ray everything was fine in the jaw. But it have pain still. I took some antibiotics and painkillers under Dr. Prescription. Please help me out what should I have to do now.
I have a great pain in my teeth. Sometimes it comes and after it became normal. Is there any suggestion to stop that immediate pain in my teeth?
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.