Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta S ChowdharyYour feedback matters!
I have eye disease I cannot see for long distance its from my childhood and now I am 18 I am thinking for lasik treatment. Am I thinking right around what cost it would be for operation and will my eyes will be normal after this plzzz hellp?
I have been recently diagnosed with Microcytic anemia (Hg 11.5). I seem to have some gastric issues as well (burping, acid reflux, gas etc). I started to think that there is some GI infection that is bringing my Haemoglobin levels down. I'm a non-vegetarian and don't think mal nutrition would have caused iron deficiency. Please advise.
My last period was on June 7th till now I didn't get my period. I tested for pregnancy but it was negative. What medicine should I take to get my period Immediately and regularly.
I am 19 year old guy. I ejaculate once in 3 days. I wanna ask will it create a problem in the future. Will there be any. Shortage of sperms?
I am too fatty. I want lose my weight and fat especially there ls much more on stomach. Pls help. M ready to do anything except operation. I want lose it as fast as possible.
Me and my boyfriend enjoyed sex yesterday without condom. Is there any chance for born of child. We never planning for sex that day but unfortunately we do that. Any salutation for this.
A stressful event like speaking in public, going to a job interview can give you butterflies in your stomach that may literally make you want to run to the bathroom. Stress affects every aspect of our lives including digestion. This includes indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. When put in a stressful situation, the body releases hormones known as corticotropin-releasing hormone or CRH. This, in turn, signals the adrenal gland to pump out adrenaline and steroids that help with the body's flight or fight response. Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.Here are a few ways stress affects the gastrointestinal system.
- Stress kills appetite: Stress eating is a real problem that results from the contradictory reactions of hormones. The hormones released by stress kill a person's appetite, but at the same time, the steroids released by these hormones make the person crave unhealthy foods like ice-cream, chocolate or potato chips. These foods aren't easy to digest and can cause indigestion, gas buildup and heart burn.
- Stress leads to ulcers: Ulcers are caused by bacteria, but stress strengthens the infection and disturbs the balance of hydrochloric acid and protective secretions in the stomach. This increases the risk of ulcer formation in the stomach. Once the ulcers are present in the stomach, stress can worsen the symptoms.
- Stress alters the gastrointestinal pathophysiology: Stress can cause changes in gastrointestinal secretions and reduce the amount of oxygen available to the digestive system. It also impairs gastroduodenal motility and amount of enzymes being secreted by the pancreas. Additionally, it interferes with the passage of food through the intestinal tract and alters colonic motility. Stress also affects the absorption of nutrients from the stomach and increases the blood flow to the digestive system by four times the normal amount thus decreasing metabolism rates.
- Stress affects irritable bowel syndrome: Stress in itself does not cause irritable bowel syndrome but can worsen the situation. This is because stress can make the colon contract and cause abdominal pain. These contractions are usually uncoordinated and can lead to constipation. It also makes the body more sensitive to pain thus increasing discomfort.
- Stress lowers immunity: A large part of the immune system is housed in the gut. Stress reduces the secretion of enzymes in the gut and leaves the digestive system vulnerable to bacterial infections. By weakening the immune system in the gut, stress also increases the risk of suffering from infections in other parts of the body.
My 15 month old son is constipated. We gave him an oral laxative, still he is not passing stools. It has been the case since a month. Please advise.
Hiiii sir I want to know about Foreskin surgery and Tight Frenulum. And Without any operations is possible for this problem.
Hi. I have read over the internet that premature ejaculation has four stages. If someone is suffering from stage 2 or stage 3 then is it curable. Can medication help. For how much time should someone take medication in order to improve better sex life. What wlse can be done.
I got married recently and now I feel I have a problem of immature ejaculation. I come out just after 3-4strokes. Help to figure out and find a solution to this problem.
About thyroid gland
Low functioning thyroid is a new epidemic of the society affecting more than 3% of people. If thyroid function is low, it causes weight gain, loss of energy, cold intolerance and menstrual irregularities in women.
All people who are aged 50 and above should have their thyroid profile (TSH test) done to look for thyroid deficiency.
In younger people, or in cases of infertility, menstrual irregularity, pregnancy, weight gain, one should check for thyroid deficiency.
Iodized salt should be used to prevent thyroid deficiency.
Non–iodized salt is only used in two conditions: firstly in patient with thyroid inflammation and secondly, while doing Jalneti in naturopathy, a yoga–related nasal wash technique.
In pregnancy, even mild thyroid deficiency can affect the growth of fetus hence dose requirement of thyroid medicine is much higher in pregnancy than in non–pregnancy.
In the elderly, the dose of thyroid medicine to be started is always low as compared to one in the adults.
If thyroid deficiency is untreated, osteoporosis (thickening of bone) and/or atrial fibrillation (irregular and fast heart rate) may result. Osteoporosis can cause recurrent fractures and atrial fibrillation may cause brain paralysis.
In Allopathic medicine, thyroid deficiency is treated by synthetic T4 hormone replacement. In TFSP, thyroid extracts are available, which contain both T4 and T3 potential drugs.
In Ayurveda, thyroid stimulant drugs are available but they are effective only if some amount of thyroid gland is available.
As per Ayurveda, eating soya and drinking water from copper vessel is good for thyroid.