Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey. You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising
- Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery to remedy the damaged blood vessels and nerves around the area.
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones. After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing.
- Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My self srikanth studying btech age 23. I am suffering with back bone from fast 2 months I didn't tell to my parents so please say me some trips how I can treat or I should consult a doctor.
I don't know something happened to my right knee. If I fold my knee there is a tick sound is coming. Usually I played football a lot. But recently I stopped but. Still I have that sounds. Sometime I got a limp nd can't bend my leg. Help me.
Hai I am 21 years old, I was in gym with 3 years. Now I have a severe back pain for last one and half year. I can't able to stand in one place for more than half an hour also. So, please suggest me some good medicine to cure this. Such kind of pain should not be in future. Also suggest me which type of scan to take for this?
Since last 3 to 4 years now, I have been having pain in my lower back area. I tried all kinds of massages and some medication as well but all were temporary and no permanent remedy could be achieved. Pls note that this is just bothersome and there is nothing acute. Since it has been for a while now, I have reconciled to myself and have learnt to live with the pain. I feel it the most in mornings. Just for info: I am 36 year old male, slightly overweight, 92kg at 6ft height. This niggling injury stops me from serious workouts. Need help in getting rid of this.
Mai 38 years old hu mujhe ghutne ka gap hai our kamar dard bhot hai. Mai thoda weigth bhi kam karna chati hu. Mere hair bhi bhot girte hai please help me.
I am running since last 25 days. My ankle are swelling and very paining. Please tell me something for instant swelling and pain relief. And I can not take any medicine because in police selection there is dop test. I have just 10 days left in my trail please help me. I can not take any tablet. Then also doctors are suggesting medicines only.
When I'm folding my leg for few mins, am getting pain in my left knee while standing, since few months.
I'm have severe back aches. As i'm a student i'm forced to sit on a chain for about 9 hours daily. Is there a way to fix my back aches without medicines?
Hi Doc, I am 37 yr old man, Height 5"11. Working in Bank as a manager. Since past few months, I have back pain only when I get up from chair or sofa. What should I do?
Don't ignore the early signs of strain injury like the weakness of the grip, numbness, and pain or discomfort in the arms, hands, wrists or shoulders.