Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Sneha BhojYour feedback matters!
Hello. My father had a full body checkup and his cholesterol level is 236 whereas normal should be 200. Can you please tell me the measures he should take to lower it down? N what kind of precautions and remedy does he have to observe and take? Why does cholesterol level rise? I would be highly obliged if you can help me. I just want help him.
I am 56 years male, I did blood checkup and found HBa1c at 9.6% and ABG at 229 mg/dl currently I am taking Gluconorm G2 one in the morning and 1 in the night before food.
Can you please tell me ki last mansuration k kitne dino bad check kar sakte hai ki pregent hai ki nahi blood test k threw.
Please help me to gain my weight and for growth of my body. I want to be fit and healthy. Please send me tips to increase my weight.
I am over weight approx upto 100 kgs at the age of 17 how should I loose my weight within less time .Give me some tips to weight loss easily within less time.
What Is The Perfect Time To Eat Your Healthy Meal
Choosing the best time to eat meals has many benefits. One of them is more energy. Skipping meals or eating meals on a random schedule can drain your body of energy.Eating five small meals a day is better than eating three big meals, because the smaller meals are easier to digest, and your blood sugar will stay more constant throughout the day. This will help prevent fatigue, heartburn and spikes in blood sugar levels. Eating smaller meal is also great for weight management and energy endurance. You should also drink six to eight cups of fresh filtered water to prevent dehydration.
Breakfast: best time to eat around 8:00 A.M.
Eat breakfast within 1-2 hours after waking: when taken literally, breakfast is exactly what it says it is -breaking fast.To optimise metabolism, we need to eat breakfast as early as possible and waiting until 9 or 10am is too late in the day.Breakfast is very important for replenishing your blood sugar levels after 6-8 hours of sleep. This will help keep your blood sugar level balanced, giving you more energy endurance.
Eat foods that are high in complex carbohydrates, such as oatmeal, nuts, whole grain cereal, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
If you regularly find yourself skipping breakfast, keep a supply of hard boiled eggs, tins of baked beans or greek yoghurt on hand to grab as you leave the house.
If you love your coffee, enjoying it with breakfast is best for both your digestion and your metabolism.
Lunch: best time to eat around 12: 00 p. M. To 1: 00 p. M. (don't eat after 3 pm)
You should eat lunch within 3-4 hours after breakfast. However, remember that breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, so you will want to make sure you are not indulging too much during the afternoon.Skipping lunch will drain your body of energy. Eating during lunch will supply your body with enough energy to propel you through the busiest time of the day. Lunch is next and this is the time things start to go pear-shaped nutritionally. Remember the rules of optimal metabolism and that it is better to consume the bulk of your calories during the first half of the day. This means that 2 or 3pm is too late to eat lunch. Instead aim to enjoy your lunch, sitting down but away from your desk by 1pm. Eat a meal balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats (unprocessed fat free of synthetic chemicals) and fiber. These essential nutrients are packed with energy, giving you enough energy for the next four to five hours.
Late afternoon snacks: best time to eat around 3:00 P.M. To 4:00 P.M.
Late afternoon snack should not be as big as a regular meal but big enough to satisfy your hunger. Fruit salad, smoothies, nuts, healthy meal replacement bars, fruit yogurt and vegetable soup are great examples for late afternoon snacks. One of the best places to purchase healthy meal replacement bars, nuts and snacks is this online store. Fruits and vegetables are full of essential vitamins and minerals, and are low in calories, making them great for weight loss. The bad thing about low calorie food is that it may not satisfy your hunger for long. However, this is a late afternoon snack so low calorie food is perfect for this situation.
Dinner: best time to eat around 6:00 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
Dinner should be eaten within 2-3 hours after late afternoon snacks. Eating dinner late is one of biggest dietary mistakes we make. A simple trick to help manage this is to keep your dinner lighter, the later you find yourself eating it.
Unless you are exercising for more than an hour each day, you are unlikely to need large volumes of energy dense rice and pastas at night, so keep it light with grills, vegetables and salads.
If you find yourself routinely eating after 8pm, you may be better to have a light dinner of soup or salad and enjoy your heavier, main meal at lunchtime.
Dinner food should be balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. Brown rice, nuts and food high in essential fatty acids are great examples.For desserts, eat fruits and vegetables to replenish your body with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Late night snack: perfect time to eat around 9:00 P.M. Or an hour before bed
Late night snacks should be low in calories and high in nutrients.
Fresh fruits and vegetables, and organic yogurt are good examples of late night snacks. For drinks, avoid coffee and energy drinks, instead drink a glass of fresh filtered water or organic juice.
Enjoy your meal with healthy food at the right time.
Sir, My father is having diabetes. So please recommend some effective and best way to control his diabetes.
I am 24 years old and my weight is 60 kg and I am 5 foot 6 inches tall. How can I increase my height?
Physiotherapy and sleep paralysis have a deep connection when you have to treat sleep paralyses the intelligent way. To discover the benefits of physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis, let's get a clear understanding of sleep paralyses first and then the role of physiotherapy.
What is sleep paralysis and its common causes?
Sleep paralysis is a sleeping disorder, its symptoms are such that you suddenly feel in the middle of the night or in mid sleep that you can't move, react, talk, etc. and feel that your body has frozen. This immobility is accompanied with frightful or eerie visions or sounds, which are not the reality and you still hallucinate.
This is often caused because of the following reasons, which are considered common causes of sleep paralysis:
- A medical condition called narcolepsy
- No fixed time of sleeping and waking, thus creating imbalance in sleep patterns
- Inadequate sleep through the 24 hours
- Excessive stress and workload
- Alcohol consumption or drug abuse
- A bad diet like heavy meals at night before bedtime
- Extreme caffeine consumption
If any of these things are common, you may get a sleep paralysis.
Physiotherapy in healing sleep paralysis:
If it is a one night episode, you will eventually forget this. However, in case you are a victim every night or frequently, you may need some good remedies. Medications may not suit all, but physiotherapy is a safe mode of treatment, which suits all and people of all ages. That is why try physiotherapy for sleep paralysis at home or by going to a nearest physiotherapy center or expert.
How physiotherapy helps
Physiotherapy has some unique benefits like:
- It brings a balance in blood circulation through the body, which helps in lowering the blood pressure, normalize mood, reduce stress, and makes the blood flow to the body organs and brain better, thus inducing a good night's sleep.
- The exercise induced on to the body through physiotherapy has a dual effect. It makes the muscles workout, and induces the massage effect too. This makes the muscles more mobile, and brings warmth on the tissues. That is why exercising before bedtime can help you get a very peaceful sleep without fearful dreams and interferences of sleep paralysis attacks.
- You get a better mood due to increased blood circulation and the feeling of well-being due to the agile and worked out muscles. This good mood and satisfaction after a nice physiotherapy session sometime before you sleep lets the serotonin or happiness and satisfaction hormone build up in the body and brain. This makes you sleep without stress and in a nice mood thus resisting sleep paralysis.
My husband is 30 year old. His weight is 73 kg. I need some guidance about weight loss veg diet plan.
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.