Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Psychotherapy For Couples
Submit a review for Ms. Kunjal ShahYour feedback matters!
Stress has become a common problem in day to day life for a lot of people. Too much stress can result in premature aging and accumulation of free radicals within the body. Stress can also cause premature hair fall, wrinkles, exhaustion and frequent frustration. Ayurvedic therapies can counter stress and combat its physical toll on the body. Here is a list of few easy-to-follow Ayurvedic therapy techniques, which are extremely effective against stress:
- A stress-free start: It makes sense to start the day without any stress in mind. Ayurveda states that a full bowel movement is of paramount importance to start an effective day. Abhyanga, an oil message before having a bath, proves to be extremely effective. This should be followed by a 10-minute break so that the body can soak the oil. Lukewarm or hot water should be used to take bath. Some other yoga therapies such as pranayama, transcendental meditation, etc. can be practiced to get a head start on the day.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga or an oil massage is a good stress resilient. In case there is a time crunch, neck, hand and feet region should be massaged to fetch great results. A moisturizing oil massage in these areas has a soothing effect on the body and mind.
- Meditation: It is a known fact that meditation by far is the best Ayurvedic therapy to counter stress. Over 600 studies have shown that meditation has a positive effect on stress. It can successfully cut down the cortisol hormone in the blood and the level of lactic acid in the body by increasing the level of serotonin. A 15-minute meditation schedule on a daily basis can do a world of good for people who are living a stressed life.
- Therapeutic aroma: It has been proven many times in the past that therapeutic aroma can successfully relieve stress in the short term. The choice of fragrance can be from the flower at home, aroma locket, aroma oil, perfume and so on. These aromas will not only give a feel-good factor throughout the day, but also ensure that the level of cortisol remains at an acceptable stage.
- Keeping hydrated: Keeping hydrated throughout the day is of prime importance to lead a stress-free life. Plenty of water along with time-to-time green tea relieves the nerve and has a soothing effect on the body. It is also necessary to forego beverages such as alcohol and coffee for long-term health benefits.
- Soothing music: Music has a profound impact on the nervous system, mind and on the overall human emotion. It creates a feel-good factor and relieves stress throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am a 35 year old man, unmarried and alone. Feeling dettached from everyone around and fade up with people who just expect and do not care much. I lost my concentration, dont like to laugh and avoid public interaction. Dont know wht to do. I feel that day by day i am getting down.
From last one month I am felling some pain and stress in the nerves of my feet every time I stretch my feet in forward direction.
Hello I want to know how to approach girls im 25 still no gf I feel always alone my all friends are now busy in their relationships and I am stuck here I am law student please help even I feel always fearful to propose girls never proposed any one and I think if I propose my female friends I will lose them please help me i am getting in depression
Hi, my boyfriend has slow down chat's with me. He hardly talk once or twice in a day and dt too only one or 2 words. He cums only much more but doesn't text me. He stays awake late at night online Bt no text. I don't knw wats wrong. I go on waiting for his text bt he text hardly. Dis has made me lot of tensed, depressed, mind full of doubts I can't concentrate anywhere because of his changing behaviour towards me. Pls help me through dis situation. I am fully stressed n tensed. I feel like he doesn't love me as he was before. Pls help.
I used to smoke 2-12 Light Cigarettes for more than 30 year butquit 3 years back. Am I still at risk.
I have short temper, lack of interest in work and all hobbies, irritation. What is this actually? What kind of problem is this?
What is Schizophrenia?
We all know it as a debilitating mental illness that plagues people across the globe. Schizophrenic patients often feel like they are being overtaken by situations and events that are beyond their control. They may complain of seeing people who are not there or hearing voices where there are none. This happens because the neurotransmitters in the brain of the patient do not function appropriately. There are various types, causes and symptoms of this disease. Read up to know more.
- Symptoms: Psychotic symptoms like delusion are common in patients suffering from this disease. Also, the patient may be severely blunted in the emotional sense and may bear a lost look and wear a feeling of loss or absence at all times. The thought process or cognition of the patient may also suffer in such cases. Poor concentration and lack of coordination are some symptoms of this kind of suffering. Hallucinations and distorted thought processes also characterise the patient to a great extent. The patient may also display certain typical symptoms like social withdrawal, extreme apathy, and lack of motivation. The patient will also be in an emotionally numb state once the delusions have lessened.
- Causes: So what causes Schizophrenia, really? While no tests or conclusive examinations exist to pin point the exact diagnosis or cause of the disease, there are many factors that can contribute to the development and progression of the same. Hereditary factors play up in many cases while chemical imbalances in the brain also lead to this condition. The serotonin levels and the functioning of the neurotransmitters are the most significant causes of this disease, in such cases. Excessive abuse of drugs like LSD and cannabis can also contribute to this condition, while family relations and a dysfunctional environment can also lead to this disease.
- Types: There are many different kinds of Schizophrenia. One of them is Paranoid Schizophrenia, which makes the patient highly suspicious. Disorganised Schizophrenia can lead to incoherence in speech and thought. Catatonic Schizophrenia can cause social withdrawal while Residual Schizophrenia can lead to a complete lack of motivation. Finally, Schizoaffective Disorder can lead to major mood swings.
The various kinds of Schizophrenia are characterised by varying degrees of mood swings, depression, paranoia and delusional thinking. The progression of the disease can be checked with the help of cognitive behavioural therapy, which can help in reprogramming the brain of the patient to a great degree. Rehabilitation programs as well as case management can help in the long run. But the key here is to recognise the symptoms early on and get the treatment or counselling started to reduce the symptoms and their spread. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!