Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Akanksha ShahYour feedback matters!
I am a skinny girl. With intake of milk, banana, nuts, etc. I have hardly gained 3 kilos. Now my body structure is bit better but my face is very skinny especially cheek area. So I want to gain more weight but especially face fat. So suggestions for both please.
I am doing a job in software company for seven years my weight is increasing continuously for 3 months what can do?
I AM 34 years & my bmi report is 31 my weight is 95 kg & waist is 39 my main problem area is tummy I have a back problem also & due to that I am not allowed to Jim so please help me out to loose my weight about 20 kg min.
I have desk job last 4 years. My sides is normal body is fit but only stomach is looking like heavy I have stomach fat. Please give me idea.
Am 22 and am doing bodybuilding and am planning to take dianabole anabolic. May I know that is there any major problem that can occur with me in my future or what's its perfect performance in body.
I have joined gym 1 month ago but yet there are no considerable changes in my body. I am a hostility and the food of the mess also does not provide much nutrients required, so please provide me a diet chart to follow so that I can get my muscles to grow efficiently.
Hai I am 29 years ols and I am 63 kg and my height is 5.2. I am planning to diet and reduce my weight. Is having broken wheat reduces weight or increases and also ima planning to have masala oats and knor soups. Are these things helpful in reducing my weight or these things adds my weight. please advice.
I am 29 years old male. I am unmarried. I am very lean. No one likes to marry me. I want to gain weight. I tried a lot but no use. Any advanced treatment please tell me. please help me sir.
I am 5'2" in height girl. I have been losing weight without any reason hence, I am just looking much shorter than my real height. Is there any way to put gain and increase height? I am 19 years old and I doing lots of exercises to gain my height. I don't want any surgery or anything but is there any supplements which will really work on me? I have been doing yoga from six months and I don't notice a single inch of my body growing though I am enjoying the other results of yoga. Still. Is there any medicine which will at least boost my height? Height gives confidence. I am pursuing Civil Engineering and I can't just wear Heels to everyplace I go. So please any suggestion? Thank you.
MY WIFE SUGAR LEVEL FASTING 163.3 N PP 291.4 AGE 57 TAKING NO MEDICINE. SUITABLE AYURVEDIC MEDICINES AND GUIDANCE SOLICITED
People whose diets are rich in potassium may be less prone to high blood pressure. Besides reducing sodium and taking other heart-healthy steps, eat potassium-packed picks such as bananas, cantaloupe, and oranges.
I am ankit. I am 17 year old. My height nd weight very low. I tried many home remedies but no useful. Please suggest me how I can gain weight and height. Pls.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.