Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello Dr. m having dark circles naturopathic MD Dr. shalini suggest me to take L- glutathione supplement to get rid of dark circles. Can I go for this. Is it safe for me or any side effects appear later. Pls help reply and suggest. Thanks and regards.
I am 38 years old women. From certain years there are some black patches on my forehead and neck. I have already use sun screen with no benefit. Kindly suggest.
Dear doctors, main cigerrate smoking ka addict nahi hu kbhi kbhi ho jata h uski wajah se mere lips pe black colour k daag dhabbe bn gye h pinkness aur shining loss ho gyi h, so pls help me how I recover it and be a pinky lips and I promise to get quit smoking forever. Thanks.
Sir I want skin whitening treatment by injection gultax 500gs its is help full for me. My f4nd is also buy this. And this is osm.
I am 29 years old, have dry skin, I would like to use an anti aging cream, when I have to use morning or night, if means which one is best ?
The colour of my face has gone dark because of the sun. The same goes for my arms. The part which is covered from the shirt is fair n the rest is all dark. What should I use so that my colour goes back to its original tone?
Good evening sir, recently I was under medication of homeopathy for gastric,acidity,dermatitis,sinusitis.the 3 months with mother tinchers were fine but all of a sudden i got eruptions on my neck and I went into depression. I realised that one of the medicine doses is causing the problem and I discontinued it.Then later I also realised that mostly I prefer vegetarian foods I think iam deficient of vitamin b12 as I realised the symptoms of the former were evident in me,like poor memory no concentration,mood variation,depression,hands and legs numbness,brain tingling sensation etc. Kindly suggest me the proper medication or good diet.
I have rashes in my face and also spots give me some medicines names or tips ya anything that you think right to clear this from my face.
My hands are darker than other parts of body. Especially the portion of fingers. Could you please suggest a remedy for this.
We all have a fear of changing appearance with age. We want to stop ageing right after the time when signs like sagging skin, dark spots and wrinkles start appearing, but ageing is an inevitable process and absolute law of nature. While this process cannot be stopped, there are simple home remedies that work wonders for your skin and help conceal your real age. Read on to know more.
- Honey and lemon juice: Lime, rich in vitamin C has bleaching effects, which helps in reducing freckles and dark spots. Honey moisturizes the skin and has a soothing action. Used as a combination, this is a great peel-off mask that can be used regularly at home.
- Glycerin and Rosewater: Glycerin is a great moisturizer and rose water is a great antioxidant. Mixed together, it helps revive skin by making it more elastic and retaining moisture, giving a younger look and glow.
- Papaya: Rich in vitamin A, papaya works wonders for eyes, skin and hair. It is rich in antioxidants and the enzyme papain works as a scrub by peeling off dead cells, making the skin more firm and elastic.
- Anti-ageing serums: Make your own at home using the following: 1 tsp aloe vera gel, 5 tbsp rose water, 2 vitamin C tablets, and 2 tbsp vitamin E oil.
- Potato to remove tans: Ideal for treating dark circles and lines under the eyes and for removing skin tans. Potato has the ideal cooling and soothing effect, leaving you fresh.
- Eggs: Egg supplies protein, essential for skin to remain healthy and young. It can be mixed with orange juice, which will increase collagen production, making the skin look elastic, firm, and radiant, improving complexion and lightening skin tone.
- Green tea and lemon: Make a toner with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and cup of green tea. This combination dabbed on the face with a cotton ball will repair dull skin, prevent spots, retain moisture and improve elasticity.
- Rice water: Whether raw or cooked, water that is removed from a bowl of rice is useful in rejuvenating the skin, improving skin tone and slowing the process of ageing.
- Coconut milk: A powerhouse of various vitamins and minerals, coconut milk moisturizes the skin and keeps it young, soft, supple and radiant. Best results obtained when a fresh coconut milk extract is used.
- Cucumber and Curd: Cucumber reduces dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. Cucumber's cooling action and rich water content also keeps the skin hydrated. The lactic acid in the curd acts as a scrub by exfoliating dead cells.
While these are just some ways, it is important that these are accompanied by a healthy lifestyle with a well balanced diet, moderate amount of exercise, good hydration, good sleep, and of course reduced stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.