Find numerous Homeopaths in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Homeopaths with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrudula SravyaYour feedback matters!
Recently most of us were shaken by the death of the well-known television actress, Pratyusha Banerjee. Her sudden death has brought to light the very common yet under-addressed problem - Depression - that a number of youths are living with.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Although cases of depression can vary from an individual to the other, there are signs that one can look out for, to identify a depressed person:
- Low mood most of the time of day along with frequent crying spells
- Feeling of unworthiness and low self-respect are very common in a depressed person. Due to these feelings, the affected person may become very critical and disapproving about himself or herself.
- Lack of enjoyment and loss of interest in a depressed person makes them no longer derive pleasure from things that once gave him or her happiness.
- Exhaustion and insomnia are signs that one should look out for in a depressed individual. These are usually due to changes in sleep patterns, from sleeping a lot because of feelings of constant fatigue or due to instances of wakefulness.
- From indulging in comfort eating to losing the will to eat, predominantly loss of appetite characterizes a depressed person.
- Difficulty in recalling details and tendency to over generalize as also problem-solving issues can point to the presence of depression
- Unexplained bodily pains and aches are another characteristics of the condition.
What are the different types of depression?
Regarding the different forms of this mental health issue, it comes in several forms along with their distinct symptoms, effects, and causes. These are:
- Major depression
- Recurrent depressive disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How can it affect your life?
More than 90% people who commit suicide suffer from some form of psychiatric illness and depression is the most common reason. The despair that usually accompanies depression makes the thought of taking one's life as the only means available to escape the pain. In addition to suicidal thoughts, it can also affect one's functioning in day to day life if help is not sought in time.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability.
I am having bp 92/140 and using teleact am tablet every day and total cholesterol 214mg/dl triglycerides 171 mg/dl hdl cholesterol 35mg/dl non hdl c 179mg/dl ldl cholesterol 145mg/dl vldl cholesterol 34mg/dl and ldl/hdl ratio 4.1 no other problems age 49 years weight 80 kg male.
My exams are coming and I want to study. When I sit for studying my concentration does not last long what should I do.
For any kind of illness the most often question the patient asks if what kind of food is to be taken for the patient. Although this cannot severely affect outcome acutely in any illness over a long time it is very significant.
First i will talk about junk food or fast food. This is the most popular kind of food because it gives instant gratification. This added with brand value is also nowadays a sense of accomplishment for some people. The food here will give instant pleasure but because of the fact that to do that it is often prepared in a way that it become s of a high calorific value with a lot of taste. But consumption over a period of time makes eaters prone to obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc.
Second is processed food. They are in a way similar to fast food but in addition to calories they are made and stored with a lot of additives and preservatives. Examples are all canned and packed food. Even though it is ideal food for those on the go due to nuber of chemicals added in it exposes the eater to their
The best choice is of course home food. Made with natural ingredients without the pressure or motive of having to sell for profit make it made with concern for health both long term and short term. But the problem is availability and this is what exposes most people to the above 2 categories. With option from vegetables, fruits cereals and pulses and breads with no chemicals and presentation motive the motto here being natural for good health and life makes it the wisest choice in our diets. The food here is as is to be such that you be what your meant to be at best for yourself and others rather than living a life for show off or sacrificing good food for other priorities.
I'm a basketball player The court I used to play was very slippery Know I'm having pain in right leg knee.
I met with an accident 6 months back and had a injury near my left feet. After a month of rest I started walking, but since then there is a severe pain when I sit in Indian toilet or do squat where my leg bone meets feet and I can't bent my feet upward. There is nothing wrong in xray and even I did physiotherapy but no use. Please tell what to do.
I am getting pimples to much on my face. Nd wen pimples come dey leave acne over der. And den my skin become dull and rough. Wht cn I do for dis. 2nd question is I am getting to week wen I go outside. Wen I cum home I dnt have ny stamina to talk. Cn you consult me something.
An itchy, scratchy and burning throat is something we all experience, at least once a year, if not more. Depending on your body's immunity, it occurs more often. While there is good medication to cure the problem, there also exist home remedies which can cure it. Keep a note of these things also to prevent a bad throat.
Fix sore throat with:
1. Salt water gargle - this might not be new to you as it is the first remedy elders in the family advice about - to gargle with salt water. The warm water with salt in it relieves the discomfort in the swollen tissues and pulls the mucous out.
2. Over-the-counter throat lozenges: these are extremely convenient and dependable. On days when the throat won't stop itching and you have a lot of speaking to do, these lozenges help calm the itching. They contain menthol which makes the throat tissues numb. Cough drops and candies ensure constant production of saliva in the mouth. These have choking hazards though, so avoid giving to children.
3. Ginger, clove, tulsi - chewing on pieces of ginger is beneficial. Ginger juice soothes the throat and calms the itching. Especially helpful during the nights, so that one can sleep peacefully. Cloves and tulsi leaves when chewed individually also give similar soothing effects to a sore throat.
4. Drink loads of water - it is important to stay hydrated because dehydration leads to decrease in production of mucous and saliva in the mouth. More fluids in the mouth help deal with sore throat better.
5. Warmth of honey - warm tea with honey is an ideal way to soothe the irritated throat. Honey is said to be effective in suppressing coughs.
6. Avoiding cold drinks - whatever you drink, make sure it is warm or even better, hot. Avoid drinking or eating anything cold as they will only aggravate the condition of the throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.