Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Mitalee DoshiYour feedback matters!
I have sex on 23th and I am late 6 days I test pregnancy test it still negative so I am pregnant or not.
I am 25 years old . I am very lean. I get tired easily. My stamina is very low. I am masturbating past 9 years 3 to 4 times weekLy. I feel like my nervous system has damaged. I can see lot of nerves in my hands. How to increase my lost energy. How to be very active through out the day. .please suggest.
The human body requires the basic nutrients for its normal functioning which are carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, there are certain vital vitamins and minerals too, that are equally important because these help in maintaining the proper health of a human body in various ways. One such vitamin is Vitamin B complex of which, there is a crucial vitamin known as Vitamin B12 or scientifically called as Cobalamin.
Functions of Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 plays a major role by controlling several factors of the human body. These are necessary for the body to run well and stay healthy. Some of the key functions of Vitamin B12 are listed below:
- It is responsible for the conversion of raw carbohydrate matter that enters into the body in the form of food into glucose that is the driving energy for the body. Therefore, in a way it helps to keep the continuity of energy production in the human body and its deficiency, therefore, can lead to fatigue or weakness.
- Every single nature of human cells is related to the DNA and RNA that define the genetics and hereditary factors of a human body. Vitamin B12 assists in the creation of this DNA and RNA.
- Vitamin B12 also helps in the production of nerve cells in the human body by maintaining the covering of the nerve cells or neurones known as the myelin sheaths. This helps to free the body from the reach of toxins and free radicals that can be very harmful to the human body. Hence, any shortage of Vitamin B12 can damage the nerve cells in a considerable manner.
- The bones of the human body need Vitamin B12 as well and any deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause osteoporosis and other bone issues.
- Vitamin B12 in association with another vitamin known as Vitamin B9 (folate or folic acid) helps in the manufacture of red blood cells that help in impressive iron functioning, which is the main oxygen carrier of the human blood. Quite evidently, its deficiency can lead to shortness of breath and other breathing disorders.
- Even heart requires an adequate amount of Vitamin B12 along with Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B9 so that appropriate levels of amino acid named homocysteine are produced that is a deciding factor in heart diseases.
- Vitamin B12 is an essential component affecting the brain health too, and any deficiency of Vitamin B12 can often lead to various brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and the like.
In fact, Vitamin B12 has also been found to regulate mood and emotions of humans. Above all, Vitamin B12 is vital for keeping an individual happy and healthy by revitalising the body cells and making him or her feel youthful and vibrant all the time.
M name is nisha. My age is 26 and my weight is 75 kgs. I gave birth baby girl on 12 Nov 2015 by c-sec. I am full-time breastfeeding my baby. My body is completely out of shape with bulges. Kindly suggest me a diet plan to reduce weight fast with no effect on my milk supply.
Hi Dr. I am unmarried 30 years old girl. If I am drinking warm water mix with turmeric everyday. It is good for health. Iska koi side effect toh nahi hai meri body par.
What is the basic precautions to be taken to not get diabetes and what we should do if I am already affected by diabetes and I am getting severe leg pains?
I am 22years old with 172cm height and 82kg weight. I got much belly fat and how to reduce belly fat.
A small red lump appears in underarm whenever I use my hand too much either during walking when hand move to and from or during running. This red swollen lump disappears after sometime but until it stays irritation persist. I use to apply boroline suthol and as soon as I do that "jalan" burning sensation starts but after sometime everything is back to normal. Is it because of friction between hand and body. Same thing happen in thighs when I walk continuously for a long time.
Dip your gentle Nails into warm Olive oil every once in a while for 15-20 minutes to make them hard.
Beat the heat with raw mango:
- It is excellent for preventing sun stroke.
- Its high vitamin C content helps by increasing immunity and preventing the common summer cold.
- It helps in preventing anaemia, tb and typhoid.
- It is quite rich in fibre helps maintain your digestive sysytem.
- Rich in potassium has the power to keep blood pressure down as well.
- A high potassium and magnesium content helps to prevent acidosis, muscle cramps, stress and heart problems.
Ever wondered how essential your aam ka achaar and kachi kairi (raw mango) ki chutney and panha is in the summer? No wonder the housewives are busy stocking these up! add raw mango to your salad, poha, upma or chew on it raw with a little salt and red chilli powder.
hello sir, I am suffering from hair losses and i am gaining weight also sir please advise me and help me.
I am 20 years age and 6ft height. My weight is up to 107 kgs how can I lose my weight without using any medicine.
Dr. Mere sir me piche ki taraf haddi bad rhi h or usme kbhi kbhi dard bhi hota h . Ye kya koi bimari h .
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.