Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am 35 years old and I am diabetic for the last one year. I start medicine glimison mp1 after consulting a MD doctor. I realized that I fill so tired whole day and not enjoy my business that I was enjoying before. The FBS is 125 and PPBS is 215 normally. So please give a good advice for making a enjoying and non tiredness life.
How much does it matter if I have metformin before or after meal? also if i'm having it 1000 mg od or 500 mg bd?
I am 70 years old. I have undergone CABG 4 months before .now I am on strict diet without sugar and small qnt. Of olive oil. Pls let me know how much qun. Of fruit I should eat. As. I am developed mild diabetes. My 4 days before R blood sugar was 180 mg. Pls advise.
In the month of April I got my sugar checked. It was Fasting 126 and PP 156 and again I got checked my sugar this month and it was Fasting after 12 hours 104 and PP 122. Please suggest whether I have become diabetic and should I start taking medicines to control sugar.
I am diabetic patients last seven years Hb1ac 7%.pressure 130/80. I suffering from heart side. When ever I eat stomach is full of small meal. ECG and 2d eco digital also done but nothing comes on report. I am afraid of when pain at heart side. My question is what to do whom I consult. What is treatments?
Hello, My wife is 25ys old and she is pregnant for 5 weeks. During tests done 15 days ago, She is found to have low iron and binding saturation. Everything else is normal without any thyroid and diabetes. When Should she undergo tests again? What diet should be followed on a daily basis?
Hi. My mom is diabetic, she is on insulin. She is been telling she can't see very clear. She once underwent retina anjo. Is der any treatment can be done so that it won't go worst in coming future. Please refer any treatment or any doctor she can consult as early as possible. Preferably in chennai. Thanks.
Diabetes is also known as diabetes mellitus, is a group of metabolic diseases, which raises the glucose level in the blood. If suffering from diabetes, parts of your body might get affected with other diseases as well, like bad eyesight, etc.
Diabetes is of 3 types:
- Type 1 Diabetes: where your body stops insulin production.
- Type 2 Diabetes: where your body does not produce enough insulin to function on or where the cells of your body do not react toward the insulin produced
- Gestational Diabetes: This is the diabetes you or your partner may suffer from during pregnancy.
Suffering from diabetes can make your lifestyle extremely difficult as you will have to go through a lot of restrictions. In order to avoid diabetes and its various outcomes, here are some tips you can follow:
- Keep your weight in control: Make sure you are of the right weight according to your height. If you are more than what you should weigh, and you are creeping towards obesity, you have a high chance of succumbing to diabetes. If you are already obese, start working towards losing weight. Even if you lose 5% of your weight, you will slash the risk of having diabetes by 70%.
- Walk: No exercise is better and easier than walking. Try walking as much as you can. Walking will help you reduce the risk of getting affected with diabetes. If you walk for around 35 minutes every day, you are cutting down the risk of diabetes by almost 30%. Walking, being an exercise, helps your body use the insulin produced in your body more efficiently.
- Drink coffee: Coffee, unlike common belief of being harmful, is actually very beneficial when it comes to keeping diabetes at bay. Coffee contains caffeine, which is believed to improve metabolism. Coffee also has potassium, magnesium and various antioxidants which enable the cells to absorb glucose. Drinking coffee regularly might lower the risk of diabetes by 29%.
- Get proper rest at night: If you sleep for less than 6 hours every night, then the risk of you suffering from diabetes is doubled. But that doesn't mean you are supposed to oversleep. If you sleep more than 8 hours, the risk of being affected with it rises to almost 75%. Hence sleep at least for 6 to 8 hours each night for a healthy life sans diabetes.