Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohini NarwadeYour feedback matters!
My leg is paining from many days. Last time I played football and got hit by a boy. So what should I do?
I have scoliosis. X-rays show there is 35 degree shift in backbone. What treatment can be done. Please help.
Hi I am 25 years old. I am a male. I am suffering from knee problem. Its about to a week. Please tell me the process how to get relief from this.
Sir I have pain around ankle after running although my running daily routine around 1600 mtrs. please give me best solution.
I have shoulder pain from past 6 months. Now I am using pain relief gel from couple of days. I can't do any work with this pain. What should I do? Suggest me a doctor.
I am a 55 year old lady. Recently I got xray of my back bone and ortho that due to recession in calcium your bones are getting bend. Pls suggest me some better treatment to this issue.
Whenever I study for one or two hour then there is unbearable pain starts in my both shoulders n then it started headache. What should I do?
I am suffering from joint pain. Is it useful to take some steroids. If so, please suggest one of best.
I have pain in knees. I have done my blood tests and x-rays, all are normal. What should I do? I feel really uncomfortable. Please help.
My uric acid is high as I have joint pain I consulted Doctor and gone through blood check up and found this problem daily I eat non veg.
Hi everyone, I have pain in right knee. When I am sitting down for 20-25 minutes legs crossed, I am unable to keep my right knee straight after that; it bends a little. I am 65. Please advise
My mother is suffering from knee pain. We have shown to many orthopaedic Dr. But nothing happening. Kindly, can you suggest me what to do?
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.