Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Mithila DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hello. My friend, Dilshad had undergone psychiatric treatment and counselling due to anxiety disorder. He still now feels as if he is not right or he is sick. He was talking today with me and said that he feels that his days are counted now. I know its just because of his anxiety disorder but I am really worried about him.
I have relationship problems. Actually my boyfriend want to separate from me. But due attachment and love I can't do this. I tried all the things to sort out this. But it doesn't work. From the very beginning my boyfriend loved me a lot till 1 year. But today he consider me a tension only. Due to this he insults me a lot. I had talked to him regarding this problem he said that I didn't know before that you are this type of girl. I said why you always insults me then he replies" you also did the same to me" If I question him again and again he start says that you always fights I don't want to talk to you. Then my self respect also get hurts. I miss my boyfriend's care and love which he had given me before. What should I do?
How improve concentration in studies nd tell me the time table how should I study so that I can score good marks.
Hai I am Sakthivel I have short tempered and I am fatty structure and I have severe Headache in back of medulla obligate part what did I do help me First of all I want to loss my weightTell me something about that.
My friend age is 24. She has a problem of having daily nightmare dreams. It is looking quite simple and normal but daily she is seen anyone death. This problem is occurring from a long time. She is puzzled and live alone and silent all the time what should I do. Some times ago she is suffered from stress and depression and took a course also.
Hello doctor. I love her girl for 8 standard. Many ups and downs but my relation continue for after pass the 12 th class some days then avoided me and then result is breakup and for 15 months I not forgot this girl. But girl enter a new relation. How can forgot this girl. But girl check my last seen and send a message for a fake id then fight for a still boyfriend. How can forgot these things. I talk with me for every place. My mind not a exact place and think the girl every time. How can forgot this girl. My studies suffer this activities.
I am 21 years old medical student. I have the habit of smoking from the past 1 year. In the short time I became very addicted to it that I smoke 15-20 cigarettes a day. I realized it's cause and decided to quit smoking. I stopped smoking for 2 days. Now it became more harder like cough, sleeplessness, anxiety to smoke, and so on. As a medico I know these are withdrawal symptoms. But how to get rid of it? please help me.
I am thinking negative as like dying every time. I am trying to not think such type of negative but nothing happening so please suggest me and guide me.
Sir I am 47 women using psychiatric medicines for last 15 years. have experienced tightening of body muscles. also have at time pain inside my head and when walk sometime I loose my balance. Some of my friends suggested I undergo physiotherapy for loosening my body muscles. What must Ido?
I am 18 years. My memory is turning very weak. For ex I saw an movie last week. Now when my friend recalled it. I even forgot the story of it. I can see this in very instances? what is the cause and tell the solution please.
Doctor I am suffering from anxiety. How to overcome from anxiety? I feel very depressed and has a thinking always come in my mind when anxiety occur that I will die soon. How to overcome from anxiety?
I want to quit smoking. I ve started smoking a year ago. Since new year I am trying to quit it. I can control it for a week but after a week I can't control myself and I go and smoke a cigarette. I want to quit it completely. What do I do?
I have very hard pain in my lungs when I breath. I smoke since last 2 year and finally decided to quite smoking. I just wanted some medicine that helps me to clean my lungs and make my lungs as good when it was before smoking.
Is your child irritable? Not eating well or under performing at school?
Relax! Losing your mind and temper won't help.
There are chances that your child is under stress and needs your support during this testing time. Let's gain better understanding of the problem as a mature step towards positive parenting.
Stress, either intrinsic or extrinsic, can affect your child as easily as it may affect you. There are several causes as to why your child may also be stress-laden even at such a tender age. As pre-schoolers, the major cause for stress stems from anxiety of leaving their parents and spending long hours in an external environment. As a child grows up, further causes of stress may include:
- Overwhelming schedule due to large number of academic and extra-curricular activities
- High expectations of parents and pressure to perform
- Lifestyle or status associated peer-pressure
- Conflict between parents / domestic violence / Divorce of parents
- Moving to new town or city
- Serious illness
- Physiological changes during puberty
- Worry about getting along with friends
Warning signals that your child is under stress:
- Aggression: Children are prone to a high number of aggressive outbursts as they are not as much in control of their emotions as adults are. They may often react with physical aggression (biting, kicking, or hitting) or verbal aggression (screaming or abusing). This can, however, be curbed in a number of ways such as setting firm and consistent limits, and avoiding instilling in them the idea of 'toughness'.
- Bed wetting: Though stress and anxiety may not be essential causes that lead to the advent of bedwetting in children, it often accentuates the same. You should reassure your child that you are not angry when he/she has an accident and see the doctor to rule out any other medical causes.
- Hyperactive behavior: When children can't handle stress, they release negative energy. Having temper tantrums, running away, or constantly being disobedient are ways to alert adults that there is a problem. Help your child burn off energy in a positive, calming way. Deep breathing exercises, listening to soothing music, stretching, or yoga help.
- Withdrawal: Social withdrawal and being frequently moody or irritable can often arise from high levels of stress, social fear and anxiety in children. Offer plenty of positive attention and speak to your child's teacher if you suspect he/she is having trouble with friends at school.
- Eating and sleeping disorders: If your child is sleeping less or sleeping more than usual, then it might be an indication that something is not right with your child. Likewise, if there is any change in eating pattern which you find abnormal, then it indicates trouble. This may often stem from stress or anxiety-related issues and hamper the proper growth and nutrient intake in a growing child.
How you can you help your child?
There are several things you can do to help your child work through his/her problems when it comes to combating stress and anxiety. These include:
- Have friendly relation with kids so that they feel free to share their problems/ feelings. Kids generally hide things out of fear. Motivate them to express and share their worries.
- Try to understand the cause of the stress. Talk about their fears and apprehensions. Make them feel they are understood.
- Do not force them to sleep or eat. Encourage to eat well and sleep in time.
- The child should be encouraged to indulge in some physical activities like walk/ jog/sports and relaxation exercises like deep breathing/meditation
- Avoid burdening them with studies and co-curricula activities. Identify their abilities and interest and respect individual limitations. Don't burden them with your expectations.
- There should be sufficient breaks in between studies for rejuvenation. It motivates and enhances productivity.
- Avoid demeaning/insulting remarks. Avoid comparisons with other kids.
- Avoid negative reactions like scolding/sarcasm/shouting/beating. Teach the child appropriate ways of managing emotions like open communication, sharing state of mind with peers and parents and appropriate anger management techniques.
- You should also talk to teachers and peers if you suspect any problem at school and find a solution through their help.
- Teach the child about time management. Let them know how to prioritize work according to importance and urgency of task.