Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mini SandyaYour feedback matters!
I have started with 9th month of my pregnancy. Can you please tell me what all changes I would be experiencing now? And what all care should I take for a normal delivery?
I am 18 n on birthcontrol pills (loette) since 7 months. My period is to come on the 30th I had protected sex on 24th n the same day later I had unprotected sex though he did not ejaculate inside . Do I still need to take ipill to prevent pregnancy. If yes den what time ?
After 3 months of C section delivery of boy the menstrual period is not occurring is there is any alarming or can you tell me how long it will take for my next period?
I have been affected by genital herpes and has flared up. Kindly do let me know quick remedy in ayurveda. Also note I am HIV affected.
Its the last of my 8th months pregnancy. A little amount of water is being discharged at frequent interval 4 d last 2 days. I am on bed rest with medicines _flazyl, azithromycin n betnesol infection. I am worried can it be stopped?
I am 36 female and have suffer from hormonal changes during menses and pre menses. Severe constipation and too much swell in anus area and also urine infection. Pls tell me what to do.
My friend had unprotected sex a week ago could she be pregnant and having pregnancy symptoms already.
My wife is getting abdominal pain one week prior to periods time. Last 3 times happening like that. Is it symptoms to pregnancy? Or some other. Do I need to take check up?
I hav a 28 days cycle, had my periods on 1 st March aftr dat on several occasions had sex but every time v both had clothes on. There was pressing of penis on vagina part.
Mujhe 16 August ko baby hua h by opretion. Ab sb thik h lekin urine pass karne ke baad bhi baithte samay thoda urine ho jata h.Jo ki mujhe pata bhi nhi chalta. Kya ye koi problem h ya kuchh time ke baad thik ho jayega.
Sir mai 20 sal ki hoon sir mai period ke 6 din me sex kiya tha or period ke pahla din se hi ghabnirdhk goli kha rhi hoo par mera dono satan foll gya hai or laharta hai kya aap hume bata skte hai Kyo ho rha hai aisha.Please tell.
A lot of diets claim to help ‘boost’ metabolism – but can you really do anything to help your body burn calories faster?
Let us understand a little about how your metabolism works. The metabolic process involves a complex network of hormones and enzymes that not only convert food into fuel, but also affect how efficiently you burn that fuel. How fast you burn calories is influenced by your age ; your gender and proportion of lean body mass . So some people have high metabolic rate as compared to others.
Even though you are not born with “skinny genes” , you can still speed up your metabolism i.e. increase your body’s ability to burn calories faster.
Exercise. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster.
Besides exercise there are other things which boost up your metabolim.
- Spices: Research has found red peppers can rev up your metabolism, while also helping you feel full. Hot sauce, hot peppers, ginger, cloves, cayenne, coriander, bay leaves, and dry mustard share this capacity to boost metabolism.
2. Caffeinate: Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated (but low or no-calorie) beverages may also help burn calories faster. In fact, caffeine may boost your metabolic rate for up to three hours after consumption. But don’t overdo caffeine if it gives you the jitters or keeps you up at night. For most people, 3-4 cups per day is tolerable.
3. Stay Hydrated: Even mild dehydration has been found to decrease your metabolic rate by 2%, so staying well hydrated is an easy way to help boost overall metabolic rate. People who drink either eight or twelve glasses of water a day have higher metabolic rates than those who have four.
4. Eat More Often: Small, frequent meals help keep your metabolism high , and that means you’ll burn more calories overall. When you put too many hours between meals, your metabolism actually slows down to compensate. If you then eat a huge meal — at the same time your metabolism is functioning as if you’re starving — your body wants to hold on to every calorie. While this won’t make much difference on an occasional basis, it can become more difficult to lose weight or maintain weight a healthy weight if you frequently skip meals.
Hi Doctors, My wife is 3 months pregnant. She had "GATH" in her breast since last many years. But from last two days she is feeling pain there. Please advice is it normal or something to worry.
My friend marriage is done since 1year 1month ago but he doesn't have a child. Since he is body builder and his wife is also good healthy one. They both don't have any type of problems in there body. So what will be the problem And what they can do to have a baby child. Doc.
Hello . I am 8 months pregnant. Since many days I have this acute pain on the pelvic area specially on the left side. The pain is increasing day by day
Hello doctor, I am 28 years old lady. Me and my husband planning for kids from 5 months. We are married from 4 years. I am suffering from thyroid from past 2 years and taking 150 mcg dose with the consultation of doctor. My husband suffering from diabetes from 1 year he is also using tablets. I am worried about my conceiving as thyroid will definitely affect. Give me some tips or healthy habits or diet which can improve my ability to conceive. Thank you.
Hi I am 31 years female. I have been married since 9 years n I have also a son of 8 years old. I had been a victim of depression 4 years back after my father's death. That time I decided not to think about another child because I was not even able to take care of my son at that time. I used to have anxiety attacks at that time. But after that with the passage of time it got cured. I started to plan for my next issue 1 and half years back coz my husband wants another baby. My problem is that I could not decide whether I should go for this or not. Agr m one side sochti hu to I want another child on the other hand my mind starts to think ki mra beta ab bda ho gya hai n age difference kafi rhega n oll. I don't know what I exactly want. M second child chahti bi hu n taking treatment for this bt kabi kabhi mind opposite chlta hai. Ek bar mne conceive kr bi liya tha bt mind gets disturbed ki I should abort and all. Unfortunately I miscarried dat tym. Iske bad bi I am taking treatment bt my mind is nt fixed in fact mra mind muje khi ni chodta on one side khta hai ki second issue hona chaiye go 4 dis n on the second hand khta hai ki beta bda ho gya don't go for this. I am very confused. Is again I have been becoming victim of depression. What should I do I can't share my problem with any one. please help me. Plz.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Related Tip: Almond vs. Walnuts - Which nut is best for you??