Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Minal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MinalYour feedback matters!
I am 19. I have a sort of regular menstrual cycle. Like 8 and 9 is always the date for menses. Sometimes its late during exams. This time it did not come till 12 and out of all the heat I happened to had unprotected sex with my bf on 12. Should I take a ipill?
Nutritional facts: lotus seed (maakaha)
Lotus seed also known as Phool makhana is nutritionally very distinct from other nuts and seeds.These are very low in sodium and high in magnesium,being low in fat and high in carbohydrate,fibre,potassium,phosphorus,iron and zinc makes them a good choice of snacking for patients of high blood pressure,diabetes and heart disease also.
Sometimes the bland flavour may keep you away from introducing it into your food schedule, you can roast it and add the seasoning to replace it for unhealthy tea time snacks.These nuts can be added to sweet and salty preparations both, thus, make healthy choices by adding then in your breakfast cereals, snacks and salads .Their fibre content makes them a very good choice to add consistency to your dishes like curries and soups.
So, you can replace the cornflour with lotus seed powder and help yourself treat naturally from constipation.
The high protein and the anti oxidant percentage makes them a good choice for vegetarians and their anti-aging property brings them to the list of super foods.
Make diwali healthier: try these 6 healthy desserts!
Diwali is an ancient indian festival and the most awaited one at that. Be it bursting crackers, meeting relatives or savoring mouth-watering sweets, everyone has a special reason to make merry during diwali every state of india celebrates this festival of lights with its own special dessert recipes. In an attempt to avoid overindulgence, here are some healthy sweets and desserts that you can try this festive season:
1. Sesame seeds laddoo
- for a change, you can avoid the boondi laddoos this diwali and instead opt for sesame which is a rich source of calcium and magnesium.
- this laddoo is prepared by dry roasting the sesame seeds and then grinding them to a powdery texture along with sugar and cardamom powder.
- you can replace sugar with jaggery which is a healthier option too. Add roasted peanut chunks to the laddoos for a crunchy twist.
2. Pumpkin delight
- forget the calorie-rich kheer and choose pumpkin this season to add the extra fibre and goodness of vitamin a to your pumpkin payasam.
- you can make this dessert using all healthy ingredients like mashed pumpkin, milk, sago, cardamom powder and a pinch of saffron.
3. Ragi treat
- why not embrace ragi as your favorite cereal and make some mouth-watering delicacy out of it.
- ragi or finger millet is known for its high protein and mineral content.
- combine ragi with the grand flavors of saffron and cardamom, roasted peanuts and dried coconut and you can make some healthy and delicious barfi.
- add jaggery for the sweetness. You can easily replace the usual high calorie kaju barfis with this delicious treat.
4. Coconut macaroons
- some delicious macaroons can be baked with the healthiest ingredients like coconut, eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to taste and absolutely no oil content.
- once out of the oven, they have a hard texture and equally chewy feel from the inside.
- they make the best choice for an evening snack and are filled with goodness of coconut which help in digestion and also add a glow to your skin.
5. Date laddoos
dates (khajoor) are known for their iron content. Try to rope in the vitamins and minerals of dates to use them for ladoos instead of using besan (gram flour).
- in this recipe, dates are mashed till soft, heated in a pan with little coconut oil and then sesame powder is added to them while kneading them into a dough.
- add pieces of roasted cashew and cardamom powder to the kneaded dough for the flavor. When ready, roll them over sesame seeds for both the look and the taste.
- this is yet another treat for your sweet tooth without the harmful effects of either sugar or ghee (clarified butter)
6. Oats barfi
- when it comes to health, none can forget the ubiquitous oats. From breakfast to snacks, oats are the perfect choice for the health freak.
- this diwali make your favorite barfi with oats, anjeer (fig), dates, pistachios and flax seeds.
- use a little coconut oil in a pan and heat the mashed dates and coarsely ground roasted oats.
- add the other ingredients with a pinch of saffron and spread the dough it out in a flat dish.
- cut them into sizes you love and relish them with family.
Enjoy this diwali with your favorite sweets but without the sense of guilt with these exotic yet healthy recipes. Happy diwali!