Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Milind S PhadkeYour feedback matters!
Have you given birth to a newborn of late? Or, are you expecting to be a new mother in a couple of months? Whatever the trigger you surely know how motherhood brings about a huge lot of changes within and without. Motherhood, as a gratifying experience gradually works on our view of the world. It significantly shapes perspectives of people closely related to us. Such changes are internal and go way deeper in deciding the kind of parenthood you are ready for. The more obvious changes are however not satisfying. Many women find it strenuous to accept how their body changes every passing week. There are other disadvantageous health issues an expecting woman is known to face. From headaches, to hormonal imbalances, to back pain and fatigue; they face it all. Reportedly, the most prevalent yet distressing problem among pregnant women is that of hypertension. Causal factors leading to hypertension could be many; it is necessary to get diagnosed before your condition is too acute to tackle.
How can you regulate hypertension to keep healthy while pregnant:
- Addiction is a complete no-no: If you are addicted to smoking or drinking, you should stop immediately. Your bad habits can increase your blood pressure by a high percentage. You must also abstain from taking other banned drugs.
- Obesity is a major concern: Some people think obesity to be a sign of health during pregnancy. It is important to be strong and healthy, but excess of adipose tissues is really not required. Obesity can also lead to miscarriages. Even if you feel like binge eating, stick to a nutritious diet and avoid irregular food habits. The kind of food you take also determines your blood flow. It is better to eat food that has a low level of sodium.
- Indulge in physical activities: Routine workouts and moderate household activities that do not involve exertion must be done by all pregnant women. Exercise helps in circulating blood properly. It effectively betters your condition of hypertension. Consult a healthcare provider for good advice.
- Twins or triplets: If you are carrying more than one baby, you are at a higher risk of suffering from hypertension as your body is making adjustments to added stress. In such a case one needs to take medications to control blood pressure following the advice of a doctor.
- If you are above forty: Pregnant women over the age of forty are more likely to develop one of the four kinds of hypertension typically faced during childbearing. Since, at this age your body has already started degenerating you might be lacking in vitamins. Vitamin supplements, especially the intake of enough folic acid is strongly recommended.