Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Milen Kertane
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Milen KertaneYour feedback matters!
I have meniere disease. Nd vertigo .if I do head movement exercise I feel spinning sensation if not I am normal so I am doing brandt daroff exercise so I am normal. Is this vertigo life long problem or curable?
I was having itchiness in throat, especially at night and in early morning when I wake up. Little bit phlegm comes up in the morning if I try to cough out but not much. This is happening for past 5 days. I have ascoril syrup at home and a local physician asked to take solvin syrup. Which one will be better suited for me?
Good morning I am DR Rajput, Pulmonologist. I deal with the respiratory disease which include Asthma, COPD and sleep apnea. The sleep disorder, sleep apnea is very common these days. People snore and they do not know that they have a disease.
I am going to talk about, "Why do people snore and how it affects your health?"
You know the structure. We breath through nose and we eat through mouth. There is a pasaage in the neck behind the tongue where the food and the air we inhale pass through it. But when we sleep, our posture changes due to which muscles get relaxed and makes the passage narrow. Then the tongue drops and makes it further narrow. If you are over weight, due to the neck fat, the passage gets further narrow. So, when the air passes through the narrow passage, it produces snoring. The stage beyond snoring when the two valves in the neck meet each other, the air flow stops and cause Apnea. When the air flow stops, the oxygen level in the body goes down, the brain gets aroused and sends the signal to these muscles and then you ultimately snot and this snotting opens the passage a bit. So, this repeatedly occur in the night and this results in oxidative stress. BEcause 1/3rd of your life, you are sleeping, i.e, 8 hours out of 24 hours.
So, during sleep, if the air flow is less which is called Hypopnea, the air flow stops is called Apnea. This leads to Endothelial dysfunction, which leads to High blood pressure, diabetes, cardiac problems.
So, it is important to know about Sleep Apnea and its relation to lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes, cardio vascular diseases.
The diagnosis is very simple these days which is Polysomnography. It is a sleep study in which we record the brain EEG, EOG, EMG, air flow, snoring, oxygen saturation ECG. This gives an index which is called Apnea Hypopnea Index. If the Index is more than 5 than you have to be treated.
The commonest treatment which is available these days is the CPAP Therapy. CPAP is a very simple therapy. There is a mask which fits on the nose and it is connected to a hose pipe to a machine. The machine gives pressure to the air and this pressure splints this air way and the air flow is maintained. Oxygenation maintains, snoring stops and oxidative stress dissapears. This helps in controlling blood pressure, the diabetes become normal and the risk of cardio vacular problems decreases.
Thank you very much for listening to me.
If you want to consult us, come to our clinic or contact through Lybrate.
Sir, my daughter 4 years old suffering from hearing loss after typhoid due to hard injection given by doctor according to BERa test .sir please advice me to her treatment or otherwise.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.