Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MeghnaYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. Mere period continue 5 days. It could not stop it. I am worried. How to stop it. Wt I am doing to stop it. Plzzzz help me.
My wife has endometriosis in both side of her overy. Please tell any Ayurveda treatment which was surly effective ?
I get married in the year 2011. But till now we have no child. We both have consulted with gynecologist Doctor and as per Doctor's recommendation my wife has tested USG and I have tested semen. And results are positive for both of us. After checking reports Dr. Suggested us to try . We are trying but till now We have not got any positive result. Please tell me what should We do?
Dr. Am asking this question for clarification. My problem is related to periods. My periods happened on last months are 19/10/2016 ,14/11/2016, 8/12/2016. Doctor is there any problems with the dates of my periods. Is it irregular periods? And I want to know is there any chances to. Make problems in pregnancy?
Actually I have some confusion please give me a suggestion- My question is that how much time taken for hiv to aids infection, after sex relation ship to one or more person. I was sex with more than 4-5 female before 9-10 years ago, but now no symptoms will see my body. So please suggest me. What can I do. Every time I have tension. So please help.
Actually My marriage has been completed 6 years and no progress in respect of child being done so far I checked myself.
Mere period irregular h meri shadi ko 4 years complete ho gye docter ko dikhaya to period regular krne k liye 21 day ki goliya dete h jb tk khati hu period regular rehte h fir vahi condition ho jati h check up krvane PR doctor ne thyroxine 12.5 khane ko bola or pregnant hone k liye period k 10 se 20 din tk sex krne ko kaha lekin ye to inke liye hota h jinke period regular hote h or mere period kbhi 40 din ya 50 din tk ho jate h mai pregnant hone k liye kya kru.
I am 46 years old. I have BULKY uterus about 126*63*55 mm. Without operation I want any solution for this. Thank You.
Hi. I am 27 years old and of 52 kgs weight and had missed period. I had tested for pregnancy through test kit which resulted in negative. But I am feeling of my stomach bloating and feeling so full even I eat little quantity and having little problem in breathing now. What can be the reason and did get my periods. Can you suggest me what to do.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My GF is 22 n I am 35. She is not getting her periods regularly and if she gets then very few drops. V do the pregnancy test every Month but it's negative. N she discharges lots of white fluid from her vagina everyday. Can you guide me please Is her vagina infected by oral sex?
Hi sir, In Feb I got married and yesterday I came to now she is pregnant of one month. So I want to now what precautions should be taken to avoid issue about pregnancy And a healthy baby and what deit should be maintained, exercise and check ups! From which month scanning should done and what all the things should be and shouldn't be do by her. I request you to answer my question. So thankful to you and what care should be taken from me. Thank you.
We had sex before 2 months (20 feb) and after this she got periods on 10 march. After periods we didn't have intercourse till now. This month periods was to got on 8 April but didn't have till date. Wht is the reason? May pregnancy occur after periods. May pregnancy occur due to 2 months earlier intercourse even one periods has been finished after intercourse.
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.