Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.
I am 23 married since 8 months, I am getting period regularly, but this month it is getting delay for 7 days feeling abdominal cramps, knee pain, little bit of thick white discharge for 2 days All feels like mensuration but still I did not get my periods. Is this normal or sign of pregnancy? I am waiting for pregnancy. Thank you.
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled sacs that develop on a woman's ovary. A patient might experience abdominal and pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding, menstrual irregularities, pain during intercourse or irregular bowel movements. These symptoms indicate an ovarian cyst developing inside you. Ovarian cysts are common in women and may develop during menstruation. In many cases, symptoms are not observed, and you may get ovarian cysts without knowing. Usually being harmless, ovarian cysts may sometimes lead to severe health conditions.
Here are 7 important things you should know about ovarian cysts:
- You should know the reason behind the formation of ovarian cysts. When the follicle does not release the egg, it may grow bigger in size and take the form of a follicular cyst. A corpus luteum cyst may also develop, which is a cavity that gets formed after the egg is ruptured and released from the follicle. The cysts may bleed and cause pelvic pain.
- It is important for you to know if you have an ovarian cyst. Many ovarian cysts do not show symptoms and go away by themselves. Follicular cysts do not change your menstrual cycle, but corpus luteum cysts may cause bleeding.
- You should know how to detect an ovarian cyst. You should visit a gynecologist regularly for diagnosis. Bigger cysts can be diagnosed via a pelvic examination. Ultrasound is also used for detection.
- You should have an idea about all the symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. These include fever, nausea and vomiting. These symptoms indicate that you have an infection. Sometimes, a cyst might twist an ovary, which may cut off blood supply to the ovary, causing permanent damage.
- In case you are at a risk of twisting of the ovaries, you have to undergo a surgery. Surgery is also considered when the cyst lasts longer than three menstrual cycles and it is bigger than four inches in size. The cyst may also pose the risk of being a tumor. The common surgical procedures for ovarian cysts are laparoscopy and laparotomy.
- You can prevent ovarian cysts be taking birth control pills, which help in suppressing ovulation and prevent the formation of a cyst. Birth control pills may help only if you are not pregnant.
- Ovarian cysts are more common in premenopausal women. However, these are possible in postmenopausal women as well, especially in the early postmenopausal stage.
Sometimes, there might be chances of an ovarian cyst being cancerous in nature, which may lead to ovarian cancer. The risk of cancerous ovarian cysts increases with age. It is recommended to consult a gynecologist for the proper diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts in women. Pain medications and heating pads are used as alternative treatment methods for less serious ovarian cysts.
Hi, I am a 28 year old woman and is likely to get married by next year. Since I will already be 29 by the time I get married, should I plan to have a baby right after marriage or I can take time? My fiancee is not keen to plan a baby right after marriage since he is also 28 and we want to enjoy a bit before planning a baby. But I am worried. Will I have problem if I delay it by 2 to 3 years?
My wife is having all symptoms of pregnancy like sore breast, feeling to vomit, back pain, headache, nausea. 3rd June was her period date and she got her periods 4 days late i. E. On 7th June yesterday. Her periods were heavy and very painful. What can be the reasons? Can she be pregnant? Please help I am very tense.
I want to commit sex with my girl friend .. But this would be the 1st time for both of us. Please tell the healthier way to commit it.(don't want pregnancy, safe sex, not much pain,)..
As I have previously told that I have pcod from 12 years n along with this I m severe slip disc pain as a result of which m nt able to do anything and exercising is a big no. So pls help me what should I do. M irritated m nt able to do anything as none of my ailments is getting recovered?
I am 25 years old female last 10 years am suffering with PCOD problem because of that I got periods irregularly 2 months, 6 months, 1 year am unmarried I consult many more doctors I used many hormonal tablets 3 months 6 months of courses but I don't get any result and I becomes fatty my hight is 5.4 and my wight is 70. How can I get relive from this problem in natural way.
Dear Doctor, in July 2014, a baby girl born in my family. Till today, my regular menses date not came. Is there any chance of pregnancy again if we meet? . How to avoid the same . Kindly advise. Regards, akhila.
I am 29 years old female married, my menstrual are very painful I feel dizziness, sweating ,Bloating in the belly area. Now I want to know the reason of severe cramps and what would be the best time to conceive the baby my periods cycle are as under 9th july16 14th Aug'16 19th Sep'16 24th Sep'16 pls suggest.
Betnesol injection safe during pregnancy. And any side effects after delivery for baby and mother. Please explain. My doctor preferred for betnesol. Previously my wife delivered prematurely and baby died for lungs are not matured.
When I start my bleeding period, I have very much pain in the stomach. And my menstrual cycle stop for about 6-9 days. What should I do? Is there any problem?
I have taken urgent contraceptive pills two times, will it cause any problem and after taking first pill, the period after dat came 3 days late.
Hi Dr, I have one more question, I am 35 years old married woman with two daughter's, I want to know is anal sex good or bad, my husband sometimes does anal sex with me, I allow him because he loves doing it, but I don't enjoy so much, I allow him as I don't have choice, pls tell me is anal sex good or bad.
I'm a 19 year old male. Me and my girlfriend are sexually active. Recently we had some rough sex. I could see some abrasions on my penis. I'm an uncircumcised man. We layed off sex for a while. During that time my wound got healed completely. When we had sex after this. I had similar cut again on my penis just above the previous one. I want to know whats the cause and why is it recurrent. I'm scared.
Dear Doctor, I have unprotected sex before 5 months I have test p24, dna pcr, hiv elisa after 4 month I have take card method all tests are negative still I am fearing what is the windows period. Still I need more test I have completed 5 months.
My question is when my baby was born on that time she is not crying because ovel cord around the neck and after half an hour she crying. so, i guess its normal?
I got married 3 years back. I have least interest in having sex with my husband. I am over weight and my age is 32. I find that my urge for sex is totally vanished. Is it bcoz of any hormonal disbalance or just stress and weight. I have a hypothyroid too. Please advise.
My weight is very high. I have taken so many diets from dietician + gym + yoga. But weight loss pace is minor. everyone is shocked aftr dese much efforts. Results r not dere. I think dis is because of pcod. please suggest me something to decrease my weight.
Let us start with the advantages of masturbation:
1. Masturbation ease tension in both male and female.
2. Masturbation makes a male or female feel light.
3. Masturbation prevents a guy from being sick due to too much sperm deposit.
4. Masturbation helps in producing an imaginary sex image in both male and female.
5. Masturbation reduces the rate of a male or female horny feelings.
6. Masturbation prevents a man from having sex without a woman.
7. Masturbation satisfies both male and female sexually.
8. Masturbation reduces sexually transmitted diseases.
9. Masturbation preserves a virgin guy (based on what some people believes).
10. Masturbation cools an aroused body.
11. Masturbation is the best way of a collection of sperm when a running a sperm count analysis.
The disadvantage of masturbation
1. Masturbation is a serious sin in the holy bible.
2. Masturbation makes the penis or dick to get weak when been used in the body of a woman.
3. Masturbation makes a penis develop too many veins thereby making it unattractive.
4. Masturbation causes infections in females.
5. Masturbation weakens the hormone responsible for producing sperm.
6. Masturbation makes a man moan, suffer and starve for real sex during the period of masturbating.
7. It reduces the period of ejaculation in men.
8. Masturbation weakens the womb in females thereby not enabling the womb to carry a child which leads to abortion (miscarriages most of the time).
9. It sometimes causes infertility in women.
10. It causes cancer in women.
11. Masturbation can make a woman lose her virginity.
12. It can cause sperm disability which leads to abnormal children (in fewer cases).
I advise you to meditate and avoid masturbation. Dedication, meditation, and medication are the ways to fight with it. Strictly avoiding that triggers which compel you to do masturbation like porn, friends and privacy etc. Doing regular yoga and aerobics will definitely help you. A healthy diet like fresh fruits dry fruits specially dates almonds anjeer etc avoiding fish egg n chicken strictly mutton can be taken. And last not least medicine. For this, there are special medicine for this problem which reduces your urge to do masturbation with helping you to regain lost vigour and vitality plus boosting overall health. Homoeopathic treatment takes away the habit of masturbation and removes its bad effects. Do not ignore the necessity to consult the qualified homoeopaths to avoid sexual embarrassment at the time of marriage. Consult me for homoeopathic treatment without side effects. Recommend me by clicking on recommend option and leave feedback.