Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meena R Kadrekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena R KadrekarYour feedback matters!
Hello doc. I am 27 years old female married last six month. I am pcod patient. So we plan for a child asap. Last five month I took novelon. After last check up doctor said my eggs are normal in size and its ovulate. Still am not getting pregnant. Fot me is it necessary to take folic acid medine?
I am 6 weeks pregnant. Today I saw a little brown blood outside the vagina without clot. Is there anything to worry?
I was diagnosed with pcod. I did treatments. But still having the same issue. Currently I am on Ayurvedic treatment since 4 months. Still facing irregular periods. I had my last period on 20th Jan. please help.
I have sex with my girlfriend unprotected in 28 August and I give her unwanted 72 with in one hour after sex. Her means recent stop when I sex. Her means date is 24 August. But after sex, five days later her means again start and continue three days and stop .but still she does not get means. Today 26 September but she doesn't get means. If there any chance of pregnancy. Please help me. I am very worried about this. 7 days ago she got a short bleeding which stay two hours. Please help me.
What medications should I go for aborting 21 days old. What side effects? With what precautions? Can we provide iron tablet? Thanks.
Pregnancy is that period of time in a woman's life when she is excited about giving birth to her baby. She is not only responsible to keep herself healthy, but her baby is also her responsibility. What she eats, how she lives and her daily routine will affect the baby. Thus, to have a healthy pregnancy it is necessary that you exercise regularly and eat well. You should also avoid those things that may hurt your baby.
Take care of what you eat:
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby.
What to avoid?
Just as you should eat certain food items to be healthy, there are certain foods that must be avoided to be fit and healthy. Avoid the following during pregnancy
- Drugs and alcohol
- Medicines that are not prescribed by your physician
- Smoking tobacco
- Fried and oily food
- Fishes those are rich in mercury like shark, tilefish, swordfish and those fishes that are caught in local waters are not considered safe.
- Too much intake of caffeine is also hazardous for a pregnant lady.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned diet tips you can keep your baby and yourself healthy. Always get advice from your physician for any decision that you take during pregnancy.