Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meena R KadrekarYour feedback matters!
I am in 7 months pregnancy and suffering from fever my left nostril is watering little and I am having little cold but no cough my fever is not going I am feeling little weakness because of not taking any adequate diet as I used to take before and my head and eyes are also paining little please tell me natural ways to overcome from this fever my baby kics as usual but I am not feeling well. My family doctor gave me a baby syrup which is effective for half day and again it is coming back. I am also taking luke warm water to drink and bath is it ok for me.
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.
Hi mam/sir my periods are normally regular but this time I am 22 days late, I had done my pregnancy test also but is shows negative & I have consulted to my doctor she say that I have plated or bloated ovaries please help me out with this please.
My wife is pregnant 3 months now she is having problem with body hotness what I do and having fever blood group A + same me and wife blood group what precaution should be taken.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
My wife is 38 weeks pregnant now. She had cervical stitch. Whether she will get labor pain or not? Or the cervical stitch will not allow for the pain?
Helo! I'm 24 yrs. But doesn't look 24. I'm feeling so down because of my bust. Can you please suggest me some med. For growth without effecting my figure.
Hi Doctor, What is normal weight of fetus in 6 month pregnancy. Please tell me how to increase weight of my baby? I'm 25 years old and my pregnancy is 6th moth completed today. Please suggest me with good and fast diet which can help me and my baby to gain weight. Thanks.
I am now 20 years but I am very thin and my figure is not completely developed? what should I do now. I feel very bad when everyone says she is so thin.
I got married on 08th sept 2013 and my wife conceived in november 2013. After 4 month she got miss carriage. After 6 month we planned for child. successfully my wife gave birth a male child on 25.03.2015 through normal delivery. But after two days that child was dead ,doctors said it is due to infection (intake of meconium aspiration. After that we planned for third time but that also after 4 month doctors said heart beat is not the so it is better to go for DNC. After that 8 month gap we maintained. Now she was 5 month pregnancy. Doctor said till now everything is fine but you go for HbA1c test. We done that test, the results are as under: glycosylated Hemoglobin HbA1c: 8.1% and the estimated Average Glucose (EAG: 185.77. Doctor concern told that you go and consult another Doctor for DM management. Now please You tell me what should we Do. For your kind reference My age is 33 and my wife age is 26. We have already done torch test and triple marker test. All the results are fine. Now the only thing is regarding HbA1c what should we do. Pls give advice.
Hi I am 38 years old we are planning for 2nd baby please give us reply i have to concern to the doctor first or what can we do
My wife is trying to conceive for the last three years. We have spoken to many doctors and have undergone various tests which shows the reports of husband and my wife is perfectly fine We are not able to know the exact reason for this. Pls advice us for the same. She has undergone the Iuv tests also for 4 times. Looking forward.
I married for last 2 years. We have no child right now but expecting from last 1 year. My wife aged 24 years had conceived once in nov 2014 but unfortunately it was aborted after some spotting and from now onward my wife has facing some problem with her menstrual cycle, which has disturbed and not regular means once in two month. After consult with somr doctors they have informed that my wife having pcos problem. Please advice, how to overcome this problem.
I'm planning for a baby. My wifes reports are normal. My semen analysis has a good count but very low motility and dead sperms are 75%, which I think is a reason that I did not have baby so far. I am taking ferbomid 25 and paternia xt tablets as per doctor's advise. One month I took the medicine n then stopped it. But no luck. Can you please suggest something to me.
On my left breast i am having itching problem because of it, black scar is also developed on the lower region of breast . I want to know the cause & treatment regarding it. Plz help i am scared.
while going out in sun protect yourself from sun by applying good sunscreen of SPF 50 n goggles to protect your eyes.Always drink clean n lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. Happy summer.