Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meena R KadrekarYour feedback matters!
Making love brings an intimacy between the couple that connects them in all ways, not just physical. Couples who do not have a great love life usually do not have a very fulfilling relationship. Though not openly admitted to, sexual problems are very common. Given the private nature of the issue, not many frankly talk about it though. However, sexual problems are quite common and can be attributed to a combination of physical and emotional reasons.
Sexual problems can be threatening to the health of the relationship and can break relationships too. Read on to know some of the most common sexual problems in men and women and simple but sure ways to deal with them.
Common Sexual Problems in Men
Impotence: This is defined as the inability to attain and/or sustain an erection long enough for a satisfying intercourse. Quite a common problem, it can be due to relationship issues, hormonal problems, or performance anxiety. A frank talk with the partner and if required a counseling session can help identify the cause, and the problem seems to disappear.
Loss of Libido: This is a loss of arousal or reduced sex drive. This again has a strong physical and psychological component to it. Hypertension, diabetes, stress, hormonal issues, performance anxiety, and relationship issues are some of the reasons for loss of drive.
Ejaculation Disorders: Premature ejaculation is the early release of sperm. Retrograde ejaculation is when the sperms are released in the reverse direction back into the bladder. Delayed ejaculation is where there is delayed the release of sperms. There is often an underlying physical reason for this, which if corrected, helps in correcting the issue.
Treatment: For most sexual problems, acknowledging is the first step towards effective treatment. There are medications and hormonal supplements which are quite effective. Sex education, frank communication with the partner, and if required counselling is quite effective. Other therapies include hormone replacements, vacuum devices and penile implants.
Common Sexual Problems In Women:
Decreased Libido: Reduced sexual drive is more common in women than men. This could be due to hormonal issues (menopausal), strained relationships, vaginal and gynecologic infections, pelvic pain, painful sex, uterine disorders, etc.
Dyspareunia: Painful sexual intercourse is very common in females, and as much as 75% of women have experienced this during their sex life. Very commonly caused by vaginal dryness, vaginal infections, uterine disorders, UTIs and menopause. This again contributes to reduced libido. Lubricants, topical antibiotics and hormonal supplements can be used in addition to treating the underlying condition.
Treatment: For most sexual problems, as noted already, acknowledging and admitting is the first step. Treatment involves addressing underlying physical issues like hormonal imbalance, antibiotics, topical lubricants, etc. Counselling and involving the partner are most effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife had 3 miscarriages and same reason 2 months ago baby's heartbeat loss so what could be the reason? Kindly advise.
Hi I am 23 years old I am suffering from sexual feelings I have lost my virginity now I am getting married iam so scared tat my husband will got to know tat I am not virgin what should I do please suggest me.
I am taking krimpson 35 my last period date is on Jan 20 and afetr that feb 17, 18 i got spotting but no periods. Is their any way to get pregnant. Plz reply back me soon.
I am 33 years old female I have completed 6 years of my marriage I have not any baby. I have operated my uterine fibroid n ovarian cyst again I hv a 5 inch fibroid my hight is 5 feet weight 64 kg. Please advice what should i do?
Sir, my endocrinologist gave me 10 mg methimez, after delivery, as my free t4 is 4.2, free t3 is 11, TSH is less than 0.01, in pregnancy it was in remission, now again the levels are like this, I have started since five days, am getting muscle and nerve pains in centre of palms and feet what should I do sir, one year back I used vit d (Tayo 60k). Does methimez cause pain, I have used neomercazole for six months and methimez for one years and I got pregnancy, now again started, will this Graves disease go away? I don't want to undergo other treatments sir, please tell me in detail sir.
I used to where leggi and frok karti in my pregnancy. I did not feel uncomfortable but whenever I go to fresh up in the morning I feel lil my tummy pressed. And it takes at least 10 mints for me to squat is there any problem with pressing of stomach becoz my 5 month is started now and my bump size is normal but I feel uncomfortable to sit for a long time. I use indian toilet I want to ask is it ok and when I will enter in my 7 and 8 month the same problem will occur so it will harm my baby or it will be ok. Pls suggest.
Hey. How many days after taking sysron n will I get my periods. Can nobody help me out? I hv taken sysron n for 3 days twice a day after food.
I had my first intercourse with my bf yesterday I got fainted during sex because of much pain and since yesterday I am still having a regular pain which in increasing and unbearable and I am also having so much bleeding through vagina and painful urination.
Hi doctor, I am 7 months pregnant. Please suggest a detail diet plan for last 2 months of my pregnancy. Please write a daily diet plan to be followed. Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to a detail daily diet schedule.
Hello to all doctors, I am newly married and I want to know some more deeply please assist me if I want to get my wife pregnant and want to conceive a baby boy so for it which time I can do deep penetration after periods. So my question is after periods exact which day and how I examine it is the correct day and how many time I do in vagina Please guide me Thanks and regards.
My wife is pregnant 2 months just completed. I just want to know can we have physical relation while pregnancy. As my wife is have back pain all time n by having hard physical relation her pain is getting reduce. So is it safe to have physical relation n if yes then is it safe to do hardly.
- Relationship commitments loveliness responsibilities - are the most important in shaping of one's identity and symbol of perfection in attitude otherwise
- This indeed makes an individual ready to face the challenges in their path of life and to survive into it successfully.
- But by mere commitments alone in relationship of responsibilities would not make differences if there is no civilised realisation happens naturally in the mind and all part of his own cells, to make it a room for success.
Sir/Ma'am I had made physical relationship with my Girl friend without condom. And I am not going to marry with her as of now so tell me the effect any chance of pregnancy.
My sonography report says gestation age is 6 .3 weeks. But no heartbeat. Also my doc prescribed me progesterone 200 mg. What are the chances to be normal pregnancy ?Plz guide.
I read that sperm swallow by mouth can result of pregnancy by way of bloodstream it is true. If not true. Then why please clarify ia m worry.
With summer, woes of oily/ dry skin and hair, cough and cold, flaky scalp, asthma attacks, dust allergies and joint pain keep cropping up. Here a few tips to help you stay cool and refereshed in summers.
- Increase Vitamin C intake: Vitamin C boosts immunity that helps prevent frequent cough and cold, sore throats and sneezing bouts. Available in the form of delectable oranges, it should definitely be included in the diet.
- Include more vegetables in your diet: Summer is the season for a plethora of seasonal green vegetables, which are available fresh. They work wonders on your hair, skin and general health. Legumes too are important as they help prevent heart diseases and even cancerous growths. They are a rich source of potassium, magnesium, vitamins and fibres.
- Moderation in diet: During summer, the metabolism of the fast, but too many calories can be difficult for the body to digest. It is important to regulate the intake of sugar and carbohydrates. Digestion and gastric problems are common during summers, therefore it is necessary to cut down on processed food and eat healthy.
- Take care of your skin: The skin turns oily and flaky during summers. Dry skin is susceptible to freckles and wrinkles, therefore, constant moisturising and nourishment is of utmost need. A lot of body oils, moisturising lotions and creams are available in the market and must be used according to skin type. Lips become chapped and can even bleed profusely if not tended to at the right time. Therefore the use of lip balms and petroleum jelly is of utmost importance during this time. The use of sunscreen is a must as the ultra violet radiations are extremely harmful for the skin.
- Look after your hair: The hair tends to lose its moisture, turn rough and frizzy. Split ends become an incessant problem; dandruff and itchy scalp become annoying problems. You must start using medicated oils and shampoo to prevent further damage.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, one must try and keep warm and protected as much as possible to prevent catching cold and flu. People suffering from asthma can make use of masks while out on the streets, to prevent an attack caused by the dust and pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.