Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MeenaYour feedback matters!
How is Homoeopathy beneficial for your child during exams and result time?
Some Kids take tests with no tension at all, some get a bit nervous and tense, while others suffer with tummy aches, restlessness, headaches, nerves, mental dullness and an inability to focus. Just as some bodies overreact to allergens or toxins, others overreact to stresses like tests, public speaking or performing.
Fortunately homeopathy does not discriminate. Its applications include mental, emotional and physical symptoms equally. Without slowing, accelerating, depressing or stimulating mental function, our safe natural homeopathic remedies help the body steady its responses and maintain a healthier balance.
One gets the first bitter taste of stress in the adolescent years. There is pressure to perform well in exams, an anxiety whether one will be accepted by peers and to add to it all, difference in generations cause many arguments. All these lead to stress in susceptible youngsters. It is important to deal with stress at this stage because it lays foundations of the mental make up of individual for the years to come.
The most common form of student stress is exam anxiety. Marked by a feeling of panic, the student feels upper pared for the exams, almost every student experience exam stress. To some extend exam anxiety functions as stress and motivates students to put in greater efforts while studying However, at times it gets it gets out of hand and the inevitable result is distress.
Initial symptoms of exam anxiety are:
rapid heart beating.
However when full-blow distress, then the following symptoms are observed:
Inability to focus and understand.
Difficulty in retrieving key words and concepts.
A ‘blank feeling when one tries to remember the answers.
Remembering the answers after the exam is over.
The unfortunate result of excess exam stress is that the student fares badly in exams in spite of having worked hard.
The other common stressors faced by a student are…
Failure in examinations
The first year’s college, requiring adjustment to new study material and people.
Transfer to another college/educational institutions.
Economic burden of higher studies.
Problem with teachers.
Being expelled or having to quit college.
Since this form of distress spoils the performance of even the brightest of students, it becomes a matter of concern and requires treatment at the right point of time we treat distress forms of exam anxiety through a group of specific homeopathic medications. These medications function by controlling and reducing the extent of exam anxieties as perceived by the human body. These in turn work by controlling stress levels and preventing symptoms of distress from setting in, thus giving the student a chance to perform at his/her best potential.
A further advantage of the treatment that homeopathy has no side effects, like drowsiness, insomnia or trembling, unlike conventional treatment. And also we guide to our patient yoga, prename and meditations under our treatment, improved his mental ability and patient free from his mental disease.
Few of the problems where homoeopathy improves your child are-
Staying focused and sharp – common situations, such as jitters before an exam or job interview, poor concentration, exhaustion from overwork, and eyestrain from prolonged computer use.
Exam apprehension and stomach upset before exams.
Nervous before public speaking ,orals,viva or exams .
Poor Concentration, Stress, and Overwork.
Inability to relax and over-stimulated mind.
Eyestrain and muscle stiffness.
Humiliation,shame and Failure.
Reprimand/Criticism and Bullying.
Worry and Fear of failure.
Depression,anger,irritability and agitation.
2016, Naina Homoeo Care by Dr Sameer
My baby is 3 months old and bothe and my baby have cough and cold. Which medicine is preferable to us so that no harm is caused to my baby?
Hi - my baby boy is 7 month old and his weight is 8 kg. His weight at birth is 3. 3kg. My question is the weight of the baby is fine or we have to give some suppliments.
I have a 4 month old baby, when should I start giving him fruit juices or start with cerelac as he is not gaining much weight.
Hi, my son is 7 months old He was 9 kg weight now Yesterday on wards suffering from high cold Continuously gel is coming from his nose. Kindly suggest good medicine.
I am suffering from jaundice and typhoid what should I do plzz help me I am in big problem doctor plz help me.
My son 10 months old having cold since 10 days could you please suggest remedy to get the relief from cold.
My daughter suffering from loose motion and 102fever from last 15days. She is just 10months old. What should I do?
I have a baby of 2 months old whom I used to breastfeed till his 1 month. From there on due to personal situations I don't get enough food for myself so couldn't breastfeed my baby and as doctor suggested dexolac during his stay in NICU, I am continuing using the same till now though I don't want to feed with formula. But I find my baby putting up every time I feed. I heard that babies do put up during burping. But my baby put up as if he is drooling most of the times. I am very concerned about this. Not sure whether it's becoz of formula. I can't even afford visiting a doctor actually. Also by any chance if I start having food from now on, will I be able to breastfeed my baby again? After all my baby's health is most important to me.
My baby boy 1 year 1 month. I use to feed with boiled powdered oats. Is it good for him or not. One of my friend said oats shouldn't feed 1 year babies. Can I stop feeding oats. Pls tell me.
Hi I have a son of 1 year 6 month age. His tlc goes high in every 1month gap by which his fever goes high. Please suggest.
Hi Dr, accidentally I gave xylometazoline hydrochloride n sorbitol nasal spray prally to my daughter who is just 8 month old. Is it harmful?
भोजन के बाद फ्लोराइड टूथपेस्ट से कम से कम हर दिन दो बार ब्रश करे |
रात को सोने से पहले मुँह में अच्छे से फ्लॉस करे |
अपने दांतो की स्वच्छता के लिए नियमित रूप से चिकित्सक के पास जाएं |
खाने के लिए अच्छी तरह से संतुलित आहार विशेष रूप से अपने नियमित खाने में शामिल करे |
ज्यादा से ज्यादा पानी पिए |
My 10 month old baby has runny nose, sneezing and coughs often, my ped suggested asthaline expectorant (3ml -3 times a day) gladimol c (6ml -3 times a day) for 3 days. My baby weight is 8.20 kilo. I just want to check if this is the correct dosage for my baby.
Fever remains the most common concern prompting parents to present their child to the emergency department. Fever has traditionally been defined as a rectal temperature over 100.4 F or 38 C. Temperatures measured at other body sites are usually lower. The threshold for defining a fever does vary significantly among different individuals, since body temperatures can vary by as much as 1 F. Low-grade fevers are usually considered less than 102.2 F (39 C).
Fever itself is not life-threatening unless it is extremely and persistently high, such as greater than 107 F (41.6 C) when measured rectally. Risk factors for worrisome fevers include age under 2 years (infants and toddlers) or recurrent fevers lasting more than one week. Fever may indicate the presence of a serious illness, but usually a fever is caused by a common infection, most of which are not serious. The part of the brain called the hypothalamus controls body temperature. The hypothalamus increases the body's temperature as a way to fight the infection. However, many conditions other than infections may cause a fever.
Fever in Children - Causes:
Causes of fever include:
- Bacterial infections
- Viral infections, like influenza (the "flu")
- Illicit drugs
- illnesses related to heat exposure
- Rarely, inflammatory diseases
When to seek medical care:
- The child is younger than 6 months of age (regardless of prematurity).
- One is unable to control the fever.
- One suspects a child may become dehydrated from vomiting, diarrhea, or not drinking (for example, the child has sunken eyes, dry diapers, tented skin, cannot be roused, etc.).
- The child has been to a doctor but is now getting worse or new symptoms or signs have developed.
Although you may have done your best to care for your child, sometimes it is smart to take your child to the emergency department. The child's doctor may meet you there, or the child may be evaluated and treated by the emergency doctor.
Take a child to an emergency clinic when any of the following happen:
- One has serious concerns and is unable to contact the child's doctor.
- One suspects the child is dehydrated.
- A seizure occurs.
- The child has a purple or red rash.
- A change in consciousness occurs.
- The child's breathing is shallow, rapid, or difficult.
- The child is younger than 2 months of age.
- The child has a headache that will not go away.
- The child continues to vomit.
- The child has complex medical problems or takes prescription medications on a chronic basis (for example, medications prescribed for more than two weeks' duration)
Home Remedies for Fever in Children:
The three goals of home care for a child with fever are to control the temperature, prevent dehydration, and monitor for serious or life-threatening illness.
- The first goal is to make the child comfortable by reducing the fever below 102 F (38.9 C) with medications and appropriately dressing the child. A warm water bath can also be helpful .
- To check a child's temperature, one will need a thermometer. Different types of thermometers are available, including glass, mercury, digital, and tympanic (used in the ear).
- Glass thermometers work well but may break, and they take several minutes to get a reading.
- Digital thermometers are inexpensive and obtain a reading in seconds.
- Oral temperatures may be obtained in older children who are not mouth breathing or have not recently consumed a hot or cold beverage.
- Monitoring and documenting the fever pattern is achieved using a thermometer and a handmade chart.
- Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are used to reduce fever.
- Follow the dosage and frequency instructions printed on the label.
- Remember to continue to give the medication over at least 24 hours or the fever will usually return.
- Children should not be overdressed indoors, even in the winter.
- Overdressing keeps the body from cooling by evaporation, radiation, conduction, or convection.
- The most practical solution is to dress the child in a single layer of clothing, then cover the child with a sheet or light blanket.
- A sponge bath in warm water will help reduce a fever.
- Such a bath is usually not needed but may more quickly reduce the fever.
- Put the child in a few inches of warm water, and use a sponge or washcloth to wet the skin of the body and arms and legs.
- The water itself does not cool the child. The evaporation of the water off the skin cools the child. So, do not cover the child with wet towels, which would prevent evaporation.
- Contrary to the popular folk remedy, never apply alcohol in a bath or on the skin to reduce fever. Alcohol is usually dangerous to children.
- The second goal is to keep the child from becoming dehydrated. Humans lose extra water from the skin and lungs during a fever.
- Encourage the child to drink clear fluids but without caffeine (and not water). Water does not contain the necessary electrolytes and glucose. Other clear fluids are chicken soup, other rehydrating drinks available at the grocery or drugstore.
- A child should urinate light-colored urine at least every four hours if well hydrated.
- If diarrhea or vomiting prevents one from assessing hydration, seek medical attention.
- The third goal is to monitor the child for signs of serious or life-threatening illness.
- A good strategy is to reduce the child's temperature below 102 F (39 C).
- Also, make sure the child is drinking enough clear fluids .
- If both these conditions are met and the child still appears ill, a more serious problem may exist.
- If a child refuses to drink or has a concerning change in appearance or behavior, seek medical attention.